SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 02, 2013, 10:25 PM
China, Guangdong
Joined Oct 2011
886 Posts
Mini-Review
MJX F45 VS F46 ,WLtoys V912 VS V913

As we all known,MJX,a famous brand, the manufacturer of the outstanding f45 single blade helicopter, now released the newest heli mjx f46 shuttle. Those who carrying the f45 would be definitely impressed by its super performance and nice quality.
I waited this new f46 for few months but it was worth the wait, finally got one from the mjx factory few days ago.

F45 VS older brother F46

Will update more information soon, since my friend borrowed it yesterday D:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flight Experience

The f46 is one of the most stable single blade helicopters I have flown,
It's fantastic, ideal for those wishing to transfer from 3 CH to 4CH. Suitable to fly it outdoors even with Intermediate wind. The battery life is really longer than what I expected about 10 minutes.
Really a outstanding helicopter thatís every bit as powerful and capable as its size

This helicopter is my favorite for durability, low wind flying, response, speed, transmitter range (140m) and ease to repair. I highly recommend it for outdoor flying to anybody with a coaxial experience.

Hits

-Good build quality and strong framework
-Nice looks!
-Led Screen TX
-Stable
-The parts easily take apart and repair
- fantastic performance
- Good battery capacity
- Crash resistant
-
Misses

-The price is bit high, for its big package size.
- -Only Chinese manual.
Flight Video of the MJX f46:
MJX F46 Shuttle 2 4G 4CH RC Helicopter (3 min 4 sec)

Flight Video of the MJX f45:
MJX F45 70cm 2.4G 4CH Single Blade RC Helicopter RTF.mpg (2 min 28 sec)

WLtoys V912 Single Blade

The v912 TX is very similar with the V922 transmitter,the only difference is that one is 4CH,the other is for 6CH.

WLtoys V912 4CH Single Blade RC Helicopter (1 min 48 sec)

More comparison photos between the f46 and v912! attached

As the representative of BG,I'm not sure whether it's ok to share something here,but I do love flying.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MJX F46B http://www.banggood.com/buy/MJX-F46B.html

MJX F46B brushless remote control helicopter flies in the sky - Banggood.com (1 min 56 sec)

Color: Red Blue
Weight: 235g
Channel: 4 Channel
Size: 51 x 7.8 x 14.5cm
Main rotor diameter: 31.5cm
Battery: 7.4V 700MAH (2pcs)
Motor: Brushless motor,power and longer life
Charge time: About 120 Minutes
Use time: About 9 Minutes
Controlling distance: About 100 Meters
It has videography function(Camera should be ordered separately)

WLtoys V913 http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-WL...r-p-64972.html

WLtoys V913 remote control helicopter Flies neatly in outdoor - Banggood.com (2 min 59 sec)

The WLTOYS V913 is the first helicopter which can fly comfortably both indoors and outdoors even in bad weather. The body length of WLTOYS V913 is 690mm, the height reaches to 200mm. The main blade length,tail rotor diameter and weight(without power system) are 530mm,152mm,450g respectively. Compared with WLTOYS V911 and WLTOYS V912 the remote control helicopter, the size of WLTOYS V913 is significantly larger. Importantly, Because of its enhanced stability, the V913 is easier and more convenient for you to control. Further more, the WLTOYS V913 is a helicopter of four channels,which has 3D action. The flight adjustment and setting are straightforward for the player. You can make the helicopter fly up, down, forwards, backwards, right or left, as well as turning right and left with great precision.
Aaron qin is offline Find More Posts by Aaron qin
Site Sponsor
Last edited by Aaron qin; Jun 27, 2013 at 06:01 AM. Reason: MJX F45 VS MJX F46 , WLtoys V912 VS WLtoys V913
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 03, 2013, 04:44 AM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,295 Posts
Great job Aaron! Glad to see that you are doing some reviews as well!!
Looks like MJX did a good job on this one... great news for the F45 crowd
jameschen072 is offline Find More Posts by jameschen072
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 03, 2013, 09:33 AM
Joined Jan 2012
521 Posts
Aaron we need more detailed specs. Does it use the same mainboard?
Is it brushless? It is interesting but whether mods will be worthwile is the question. Can you get some pictures with the canopy off? Look at the f45 thread and all the mods.
freezywilly is offline Find More Posts by freezywilly
Old Jan 03, 2013, 11:39 AM
Different fly 4 different guy
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
This is smaller at 50cm with a 7.4v 800mah battery. Similar size to WL v912 and DH 9116.

MJX Toys F46 link here.

regards . . . g
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
Old Jan 04, 2013, 12:54 AM
Joined Dec 2012
2 Posts
MJX F46 or WL Toys V912

Which one is better, F46 or V912?
Binu Alex is offline Find More Posts by Binu Alex
Old Jan 04, 2013, 02:48 AM
China, Guangdong
Joined Oct 2011
886 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binu Alex View Post
I have the v912 and the f46,the f46 just a bit smaller than the v912,but I did not fly the v912 yet,it's raining and cold here,more images and videos about the f45,f46,v912 will be updated soon.
From the appearance,I love the f46 better.I will go outdoor and take a video for the v912,if the weather becomes little warm tomorrow.
Let us see which one would be better.D:
Aaron qin is offline Find More Posts by Aaron qin
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 05, 2013, 07:48 AM
Quads Helis Planes Cars
Canada, ON, Brampton
Joined Aug 2009
421 Posts
Fast Forward

Delete
Nerm is offline Find More Posts by Nerm
Last edited by Nerm; Jan 06, 2013 at 09:08 PM.
Old Jan 06, 2013, 11:56 AM
Joined Jun 2011
50 Posts
the tx f45 is much more beautiful than the F46. It is superior? In general, which makes up more, f45 or F46?
sergiopov is offline Find More Posts by sergiopov
Old Jan 10, 2013, 05:17 AM
Joined Jul 2011
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binu Alex View Post
I put both helis into couple drastic flights...For a beginner, F46 is a better choice. For an experienced pilot V912 is a lot of fun. My thoughts...
Both radios on High Rate.

F46:
It's slightly faster than the F45, except forward and backward movement is just okay.

Pretty stable out of the box with tiny adjustments.
Comes with a 500mAh battery.
Decent, good size, easy to operate radio.

Has a lot of plastic parts...Even the side frames and landing skid bars are plastic.

It's more forgiving than F45...Immediate throttle increase and full forward do not cause a sloppy movement.

Abusive back to back stick controls causes disorientation on the next couple cyclic movements. (less tail and head hold)

Overall, it's a very good, stable helicopter for beginners.
However, experienced 4 Channel pilots will say it's fun and okay.

V912:
It needs serious adjustments out of the box. Servo horns, swash plate and push rods needs to be set. After those adjustments, it hovers beautifully hands free.
In my case, didn't even need digital trimming.

Heavy built helicopter with lots of metal parts just like DH9116.

Huge main motor...It has lots of kick. Very satisfying altitude gain and it sounds great during rapid throttle increase. Almost sounds like an upgraded air intake of a car.

Very satisfying tail and head hold. Almost no drift. Full cyclic movement to hovering in no time.
Decent forward and backward movement after very well needed adjustments.

850mAh battery... When the battery is low, heli comes down fast. You wouldn't have a chance to land it slowly. You are flying just fine one second and the next second it's dead.

Reaching servos for an adjustment is a tough job.

Radio is big. If you are used to flying a helicopter using your thumbs, it will get uncomfortable. A neck strap and stick control with index finger+thumb is recommended.

From swash plate to the push rods, components looks good quality, sturdy and well built. It's a mature helicopter.

Overall, It's not beginner level. Has sensitive sticks and agility that responds to those sticks. Did I mention the powerful main motor? and fast pyro.

For an experienced pilot, I think it's the best choice for it's class. It has satisfying performance outdoors. It will out-fly the F46 on a slightly windy day and smoke the DH9116 any given day.

Cheers.

Cori
RCRoanoke.com
cori80 is offline Find More Posts by cori80
Old Jan 12, 2013, 05:26 PM
Trying to fly
Joined Dec 2012
22 Posts
f46

Nice job Aaron! I have the f47 and I love it! and my next one will be the f46.Is the main motor for the 46(180 I believe) the same as the 45,was considering going brushless on the f46
Aiolos is offline Find More Posts by Aiolos
Old Jan 17, 2013, 06:50 AM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Apr 2011
596 Posts
I'm interested in all 3 of these helis ofcourse I'm coming from the smaller v911 heli what you guys recommend the v912 or prefer the f46,f45,9116 dh?
ITS ME DAVID is offline Find More Posts by ITS ME DAVID
Old Jan 22, 2013, 02:22 AM
Joined Jan 2013
11 Posts
Im trying to get my first heli. Not sure what to buy..

I doubt between f45 , f46 or blade sr120?
What would you get?
skank is offline Find More Posts by skank
Old Jan 22, 2013, 05:32 AM
United Kingdom, England, York
Joined Aug 2012
142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skank View Post
Im trying to get my first heli. Not sure what to buy..

I doubt between f45 , f46 or blade sr120?
What would you get?
For a first heli, get a v911. actually, get two (for spare parts)
col1n is offline Find More Posts by col1n
Old Jan 22, 2013, 06:53 AM
Joined Jan 2013
11 Posts
Mm i preferthis one, sorryfor asking lol
Ayhow.. Arent there any spareparts for this mjx f46 yet? Not evenon banggood.
I should get a second battery too, which one should i get?
Old Jan 22, 2013, 07:11 AM
Joined Jan 2013
11 Posts
Can anyone tell if the package contains an extra blade?
Eager to buy. This one, but the fact i cant get spare parts is withdrawing me from buying..