HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 02, 2013, 03:50 AM
Joined Jan 2013
1 Posts
Discussion
hubsan X4 canopy repair

Hi
basically i got my hubsan a couple of days ago and started to get used to it switched it into expert mode crashed it and the canopy has snapped.
For me there is a slight design floor in the fact you have to resolder the motors back on to replace the motor. ive had heles before however never done much soldering for them.
So any tips or pointed when trying to resolder them back on?
Thanks in advanced.

Also when its flying, love the hubsan great fun!
viper1402 is offline Find More Posts by viper1402
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 24, 2013, 05:35 PM
Joined Mar 2013
2 Posts
Its a fun bug. I have same problem. Someone stomped on mine. What is the best way to put new shell on ? I don't want to solder near electronics
Flyer Tim is offline Find More Posts by Flyer Tim
Old Mar 24, 2013, 08:12 PM
Joined Oct 2009
419 Posts
Your sure its not of the arms that just popped open viper? Anyways to replace the body you will need to remove three screws from the bottom part and just pullthe body apart and the arms will pop off. Then there is two screws for the main board. The soldier poins for the hubsan motors are easily visible and there is enough room to easily soldier the old ones off and soldier the new ones one without trouble, just make sure you use a clean small tip on your iron and pretin the new motorwires before soldering them on.
Jetboatftw is online now Find More Posts by Jetboatftw
Old Mar 24, 2013, 08:30 PM
Hubsan X4 - H36 - V911
Indonesia, Jakarta
Joined Oct 2012
1,139 Posts
Budasac has created video tutorial for this: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...37&postcount=2
bangkomit is offline Find More Posts by bangkomit
Old Mar 24, 2013, 10:23 PM
Joined Jun 2005
1,031 Posts
I've broken the arms twice now. So I'm not buying another body. I will either wait for the aftermarket carbon frame (see other threads in this section) or design my own.

I love my X4 more than any other mini, but it is a pain when you break it.
dapple63 is offline Find More Posts by dapple63
Old Mar 24, 2013, 11:40 PM
Joined Mar 2013
2 Posts
Legend

You guys are a legend, thanks for your help in putting my little bug together again
Flyer Tim is offline Find More Posts by Flyer Tim