SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 18, 2003, 05:34 AM
Singapore
Joined Dec 2003
7 Posts
Discussion
Group order from Singapore/Malaysia

Hi!

I'm a newbie to micro helis. Have a Feda dragonfly, been flying it (and crashing it) for about 1 month or so.

Being based in Singapore, it's difficult to get hop-up parts (e.g. head stiffener, swashball, high authority tail motors, brushless, esc). The delivery charges from the US for international orders is quite hefty especially if you want it insured (i.e. USD32).

I'm going to place an order with Helihobby.com soon for some minor upgrades and wondered if anyone living in Singapore or Malaysia (I got back there regularly) would order at the same time and save the cost of delivery?

TKL
tkl2001 is offline Find More Posts by tkl2001
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 18, 2003, 05:49 AM
Singapore
Joined Feb 2003
119 Posts
Wow thats cool ......u certainly caught my attention. I would like to get something from helihobby .....

Btw, Singapore Micro Heli flyer here www.daddyhobby.com

Cheers

Mike
daddyhobby is offline Find More Posts by daddyhobby
Old Dec 18, 2003, 06:01 AM
Singapore
Joined Dec 2003
7 Posts
hey wow, didn't know...still pretty new...maybe i should post there as well. Let me know what you want...some of the stuff i need are out of stock so still waiting
tkl2001 is offline Find More Posts by tkl2001
Old Dec 18, 2003, 10:04 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Nov 2002
1,183 Posts
I suggest that you do a search on this forum regarding the problems quite a few people have had Helihobby customer service as well as the quality control problems of their hop-up parts.. Take a look at this thread regarding problems with their Super CNC head.

I highly recommend that you order your metal parts at http://www.precisionmodelproducts.com instead of Helihobby. Shipping is usually only US$10 instead of the US$32 you mentioned, and they accept credit cards directly.
gregw is offline Find More Posts by gregw
Old Dec 19, 2003, 01:39 AM
Singapore
Joined Oct 2003
4 Posts
Wow didn't know such a group existed in singapore! haha... Things should be more fun now! =)
lame_cow is offline Find More Posts by lame_cow