HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 01, 2013, 01:38 PM
Joined Sep 2006
2 Posts
Discussion
no menu imput(s) detected - Elogger V4 / OSD PRO / please help!!

When the OSD powers up on the openeing screen I get the error msg "MENU INPUT (S) NOT DETECTED"

It is relative to the Aux 1 and 2 inputs ...

I have replaced the leads from the RX to the OSD but the problem still remains.

Its worth noting that i am getting aileron and Elevator Control so the Receiver is working...

All commands aileron and elevator are functioning normally and also checked the keys in TX which move servos connected to them.

I installed the versions 10.04 and 10:43 beta, the corresponding firmware installed and the error still remains. Also swapped the receiver, all the wiring, did another memory in the transmitter and still nothing. What annoys me most is that sometimes the menu works, but then no more. The aeromodelo not suffered any fall. In the first flight was activated RTH because many glitches were detected. I disabled the option to detect these glithes via windows software.

All other functions are perfect (guardian, gps, menus that I set via software).

Before the first flight, the menu via aux channel 1 and 2 functioned normally. It was very easy configuration. But after these glitches being detected, could not configure by the transmitter OSD menus. I tried other options just a switch 3-position, also without success.

I am using a 3s 4000mah lipo celll to Elogger V4, OSD PRO, Cam and Imerssion 600mW video TX.

Does anyone have an idea what might be happening? Thank you!

Equipment:
Bixler 2
Elogger V4
OSD PRO
ESC 40A
600mW Immersion Video TX 5.8ghz
Orange Fasst 2.4ghz receiver
Futaba T8FG TX
Fatshark Aviator Video Receiver
Planar skill and Cloverleaf antennas
vosiacki is offline Find More Posts by vosiacki
Last edited by vosiacki; Jan 01, 2013 at 07:54 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 01, 2013, 02:40 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,357 Posts
Make sure you are using the correct switching option,

(example) 3POS (RTH)

Then make sure that you are using the correct channel for the correct aux switch. and make sure that your transmitter is set accordingly.

Sorry to have to inform you of this but it is 99% likely that it is something that you have done, or a broken wire (connection).

good luck
-Mike
Quote:
Originally Posted by vosiacki View Post
When the OSD powers up on the openeing screen I get the error msg NO MENU IMPUT (S) DETECTED.

It is relative to the Aux 1 and 2 inputs ...

I have replaced the leads from the RX to the OSD but the problem still remains.

Its worth noting that i am getting aileron and Elevator Control so the Receiver is working...

All commands aileron and elevator are functioning normally and also checked the keys in TX which move servos connected to them.

I installed the versions 10.04 and 10:43 beta, the corresponding firmware installed and the error still remains. Also swapped the receiver, all the wiring, did another memory in the transmitter and still nothing. What annoys me most is that sometimes the menu works, but then no more. The aeromodelo not suffered any fall. In the first flight was activated RTH because many glitches were detected. I disabled the option to detect these glithes via windows software.

All other functions are perfect (guardian, gps, menus that I set via software).

Before the first flight, the menu via aux channel 1 and 2 functioned normally. It was very easy configuration. But after these glitches being detected, could not configure by the transmitter OSD menus. I tried other options just a switch 3-position, also without success.

I am using a 3s 4000mah lipo celll to Elogger V4, OSD PRO, Cam and Imerssion 600mW video TX.

Does anyone have an idea what might be happening? Thank you!

Equipment:
Bixler 2
Elogger V4
OSD PRO
ESC 40A
600mW Immersion Video TX 5.8ghz
Orange Fasst 2.4ghz receiver
Futaba T8FG TX
Fatshark Aviator Video Receiver
Planar skill and Cloverleaf antennas
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Old Jan 01, 2013, 07:46 PM
Joined Sep 2006
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_beeson View Post
Make sure you are using the correct switching option,

(example) 3POS (RTH)

Then make sure that you are using the correct channel for the correct aux switch. and make sure that your transmitter is set accordingly.

Sorry to have to inform you of this but it is 99% likely that it is something that you have done, or a broken wire (connection).

good luck
-Mike

hello friend ...

I swapped again for other extensions between the receiver and OSD pro, but I had no success. I installed software on another computer and continued the same thing. I tried other firmware updates and nothing. I tried with my receiver FUTABA R6008HS which has 8 channels, and to Bixler,'m only using 4 channels. I left the channels 6 and 7 configured for SA and SB switch in TX (both have 3 positions). Yet still with message "menu inpu (s) not detected."

One thing I notice is that when connecting the USB cable, go into the "choose parameters to display on OSD menu" and "servo analyis run wizard" I follow the first step that is to set off the engine and turn on the transmitter and receiver. When I click "next" I get the following error message:

"an error occurred when sending the command to the servo osd pro. please check the usb connection, and try again."

After that I have to restart the software.

Entering the "servo analyis run wizard" with the transmitter and receiver already connected not get the error message.

I'm really starting to think is a defect with the Elogger V4 or the OSD Pro

I have a good experience whit setup for radio and receiver ... I have several model airplanes .... I set up a T REX 700 Nitro that I converted to Gasser so I really think that is a problem with Eligger V4 or OSD pro. I hope that is jus me...but after all the tries I started to think that is not....

Thanks a lot!!
vosiacki is offline Find More Posts by vosiacki
Old Jan 03, 2013, 02:38 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,921 Posts
Hi vosiacki, and sorry to hear about your issue.

If the aux channels are generating a signal (a servo moves or at least is held rigid when connected to those channels at your receiver), and assuming the wires are connected with the correct polarity to the OSD, I'm concerned that the OSD itself may have a fault. If that's the case, could you open a ticket with us, at http://ticket.eagletreesystems.com, and we can test the OSD Pro here.

In the off chance that there is a connection problem, if you could post a photo of the connections to the OSD here, we could check those.
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 08, 2013, 03:58 PM
Joined Feb 2013
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vosiacki View Post
hello friend ...

I swapped again for other extensions between the receiver and OSD pro, but I had no success. I installed software on another computer and continued the same thing. I tried other firmware updates and nothing. I tried with my receiver FUTABA R6008HS which has 8 channels, and to Bixler,'m only using 4 channels. I left the channels 6 and 7 configured for SA and SB switch in TX (both have 3 positions). Yet still with message "menu inpu (s) not detected."

One thing I notice is that when connecting the USB cable, go into the "choose parameters to display on OSD menu" and "servo analyis run wizard" I follow the first step that is to set off the engine and turn on the transmitter and receiver. When I click "next" I get the following error message:

"an error occurred when sending the command to the servo osd pro. please check the usb connection, and try again."

After that I have to restart the software.

Entering the "servo analyis run wizard" with the transmitter and receiver already connected not get the error message.

I'm really starting to think is a defect with the Elogger V4 or the OSD Pro

I have a good experience whit setup for radio and receiver ... I have several model airplanes .... I set up a T REX 700 Nitro that I converted to Gasser so I really think that is a problem with Eligger V4 or OSD pro. I hope that is jus me...but after all the tries I started to think that is not....

Thanks a lot!!
Its not a defect in the hardware as i have the same problem ,,, today i swapped all my hardware over and still have the problem....
Jason9 is offline Find More Posts by Jason9
Old Feb 09, 2013, 04:36 PM
Tricopters Rule
United States, NC, Goldsboro
Joined Mar 2012
532 Posts
Me 2, I reset the Osd pro and got it going.
Another thing that is puzzling is my OSD was V2.70 and now its 2.6x after updating yet I cannot find any newer software.
This is a new laptop but my setup isnt.
Panzlflyer is offline Find More Posts by Panzlflyer
Old Feb 11, 2013, 02:44 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,921 Posts
Jason9, sorry to hear about the issue. Could you please click "Factory Reset" on the OSD Pro setup screen, and confirm that the issue is resolved after you rerun the servo wizard? Also, could you let me know what version of our PC software (under "help, about") you are running?

Panzlflyer, the present OSD Pro firmware version (in our released software) is 2.66. There is an "alpha" version of our software that has version 2.71 of the OSD Pro firmware, but we only recommend running non-release software if there's an issue we've fixed that you are hitting.
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor