HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Dec 31, 2012, 08:07 PM
Wherever you go there you are
7oneWo1f's Avatar
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,449 Posts
Discussion
blacksheep police

Team BlackSheep XMas Special (2 min 11 sec)
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 31, 2012, 08:09 PM
Wherever you go there you are
7oneWo1f's Avatar
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,449 Posts
made the news
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 09:45 PM
Registered User
DesJardins's Avatar
United States, AZ
Joined Oct 2012
170 Posts
awesome!
DesJardins is offline Find More Posts by DesJardins
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 09:47 PM
ISP Supervisor
makg's Avatar
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Jan 2006
722 Posts
Very cool, anyone know where the pilot was?
makg is offline Find More Posts by makg
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 10:35 PM
I should be flying right now!
al1242's Avatar
United States, IN, Crown Point
Joined May 2010
450 Posts
Very dangerous and stupid to provoke the police, even the French police.
al1242 is offline Find More Posts by al1242
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 10:43 PM
Registered User
AleG's Avatar
Bangkok
Joined Oct 2007
1,633 Posts
Yes, wonderful. A great way to encourage jackasses to imitate their antics.
AleG is offline Find More Posts by AleG
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 10:57 PM
ISP Supervisor
makg's Avatar
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Jan 2006
722 Posts
Give me a break. Victimless crime.
makg is offline Find More Posts by makg
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 11:32 PM
I should be flying right now!
al1242's Avatar
United States, IN, Crown Point
Joined May 2010
450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by makg View Post
Give me a break. Victimless crime.
Driving home from the bar drunk is a victimless crime also..right up until you hurt somebody. Just like this activity, you might do it 100's of time with out incident but all systems will eventually fail, why take the risk of flying over a crowded Urban area? If you do hurt somebody you will be sued into the stone age.
al1242 is offline Find More Posts by al1242
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 11:33 PM
Wherever you go there you are
7oneWo1f's Avatar
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,449 Posts
I do think it is at least reckless, regardless of what the law is.
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 11:38 PM
ISP Supervisor
makg's Avatar
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Jan 2006
722 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by al1242 View Post
Driving home from the bar drunk is a victimless crime also..right up until you hurt somebody. Just like this activity, you might do it 100's of time with out incident but all systems will eventually fail, why take the risk of flying over a crowded Urban area? If you do hurt somebody you will be sued into the stone age.
Guess he just wanted to risk it.
makg is offline Find More Posts by makg
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 11:56 PM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2012
1,362 Posts
My main 'objection' is how close he got to the people standing on the street. The thing hitting a car, or chasing police cars would not 'hurt' anyone. Maybe cause some property damage etc. But direct contact with a person like those standing on the street corner would most definitely cause bodily harm. Most of those on the street just see it as a little toy and have no idea of the damage it could cause..

So, what is the motivation for TBS to perform such stunts?

Answer: marketing and sales for their products. Utilizing the old saying, there is no such thing as bad publicity.. They are after shock videos so they will have a recognizable name and help their product sales.
InFocus is offline Find More Posts by InFocus
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 01, 2013, 12:03 AM
Registered User
United States, MA, Sturbridge
Joined Jun 2008
1,025 Posts
The pilot is Trappy. You can see him standing in a group of people.

Comparing this to driving home drunk is about as irresponsible as driving home drunk.
slowjett is offline Find More Posts by slowjett
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 01, 2013, 12:05 AM
Registered User
United States, MA, Sturbridge
Joined Jun 2008
1,025 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by InFocus View Post
My main 'objection' is how close he got to the people standing on the street. The thing hitting a car, or chasing police cars would not 'hurt' anyone. Maybe cause some property damage etc. But direct contact with a person like those standing on the street corner would most definitely cause bodily harm. Most of those on the street just see it as a little toy and have no idea of the damage it could cause..

So, what is the motivation for TBS to perform such stunts?

Answer: marketing and sales for their products. Utilizing the old saying, there is no such thing as bad publicity.. They are after shock videos so they will have a recognizable name and help their product sales.
This was outside the main building of a large technology expo where Raphael was a key speaker. He had just been on stage talking about the quad copter. Then he demo'd what it could do outside.
slowjett is offline Find More Posts by slowjett
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 01, 2013, 03:44 AM
Registered User
onlyifamppowered's Avatar
brisbane
Joined Jul 2005
600 Posts
Normal reckless TBS,
They are going to have an accident one day and bring heat down on us all.
Trappy may be the best ( but I think there is better ) but he could make a mistake, have a glich or equipment problem and then what.
I love this hobby but flying in streets of people is stuipid.
onlyifamppowered is offline Find More Posts by onlyifamppowered
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 01, 2013, 04:47 AM
On a holiday?
boopidoo's Avatar
Uppsala, Sweden
Joined Sep 2008
3,588 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by al1242 View Post
Very dangerous and stupid to provoke the police, even the French police.
So what do you mean with "even the french police"?
boopidoo is offline Find More Posts by boopidoo
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Trappy/BlackSheep flight in Grand Canyon results in new R/C and FPV ban Les 78 FPV Talk 401 Apr 03, 2014 09:18 PM
Build Log Team Blacksheep Discovery Build Log !!Video UP!! acuralegendz Multirotor Talk 160 Mar 22, 2013 09:08 AM
Sold Team Blacksheep Discovery + Soldered CORE + 900kv motor Jessestr Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 5 Nov 04, 2012 10:38 AM
Team Blacksheep Discovery ESC sets (4x30A ESC) anixs Non R/C Items (FS/W) 21 Oct 26, 2012 05:53 PM
Discussion blacksheep surrender brosius85 FPV Talk 27 Jul 28, 2012 06:57 AM