SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by PittSpecial, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 08:37 PM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
9,733 Posts
Careful!
Failed Attempt in Maiden for Flyzone Millennium Master!

Completely my fault. Did not perform the Throttle UP check to see if the propeller would stay on or not!

Anyway, I did an earlier mini-Build review at:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1798332

Okay, lets see the results from today's adventures during Maiden attempt.

Flyzone Millennium Master Maiden Crash 12-31-2012 (1 min 31 sec)

Some Taxi pictures before the Maiden Attempt:

Post Maiden "Crash" Pictures:

Repairs underway at the Field:

Additional Repairs back at Home:

Nose Wheel Arm Repair (Note: There are no replacement parts as of yet!)

[IMG]http://i733.photobucket.com/albums/ww338/guapoman2000/Flyzone%20Millennium%20Master/Maiden%20Crash%20and%20Repairs%2012-31-2012/Reapairs16.jpg[/IMG

Installation of Stock Motor after Motor Mount Repairs:

Cowling back on and wide angle pictures showing the Airframe:

This Time, I am using the larger wrench!!!

All Systems are okay!

Lessons Learned:
Always check your power system and make sure you try out full throttle at short bursts to make sure that the propeller, propeller adapter will not dislodge from the Motor output shaft!

The model has been activated and all systems work perfect and it is ready for a re-maiden on Tuesday (01-01-2013) early in the morning!!!
PittSpecial is offline Find More Posts by PittSpecial
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 31, 2012, 09:18 PM
Plowin Dirt
USA, WA, Benton City
Joined Oct 2007
1,603 Posts
I did a build/review on this bird for RC Sport Flyer magazine that came out in Dec? issue. I was surprised as to how easy the build was and the performance was. Everything worked out exact to the manual for me. The bird is a tad fast for easy sport flying. It's not designed to fly low or slow. None-the-less, It's darn sure pretty in the air and flies quite well. Sorry to see your accident. Just a note, carry some speed on landing untill you get used to it. It's really easy to touch down on the mains and let the nose settle in with some practice and sure looks pretty doing so.

Dan
deckert is offline Find More Posts by deckert
Old Dec 31, 2012, 09:51 PM
dbc
United States, FL, Brooksville
Joined Apr 2008
1,866 Posts
Hey Carlos,

It was painful to watch that crash - but you did a magnificent job on the repair. Let's us know how the remaiden goes.

Flew mine this evening and I'm still amazed at its power. 20 ft takeoff roll then straight up until nearly out of sight. With a high "C" battery and a little more prop pitch this is the only stock, inexpensive foamy I've owned that would do that. I'm predicting your going to be real happy with this baby!
dbc is online now Find More Posts by dbc
Last edited by dbc; Jan 01, 2013 at 08:56 AM.
Old Jan 01, 2013, 01:01 PM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
9,733 Posts
I have redeemed myself from yesterday's crash and this tiny little 808 Key Chain Video Camera that was mounted on the bottom wing of my new Flyzone Millennium Master TxR has earned it's keep because you can hear the unsolicited and erratic pulsing of the Power System once it took off!

I am done with the STOCK components and the provided ANY-LINK product. At this point, I care less which is the offending device or reason as I am going to insert my proven and successful power system, ESC, and Radio gear!

In this Video, I used the ANY-LINK with my Spektrum DX7 and followed all instructions carefully. This Erratic Pulsing of the Power System is perhaps the reason the Propeller along with the Propeller Adapter came off during yesterday's First Maiden Attempt. I am DONE!

You will see that I took quick action to bring my new baby back safely back to mother Earth!

Ed, thanks for all your HELP!

Flyzone Millennium Master STOCK Re-Maiden 01-01-2013 (5 min 44 sec)

================================================== =======

I have the Ground Based Video that another good RC Buddy, Ed Redfield, captured with my Nikkon Digital Coolpix S9100 camera.

A view from my Nikon Coolpix S9100 Digital camera and handled by Ed Redfield.

Flyzone Millennium Master STOCK Re-Maiden Ground Camera 01-01-2013 (2 min 10 sec)

Battery was re-charged and Voltage verified and no the receiver was not damaged as I performed lots of Ground Testing and taxi test far away.

Also, when Ed Redfield held the model at the end of the video, he told me to GO FULL THROTTLE and it did Cut - Out
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 01, 2013, 01:13 PM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
9,733 Posts
Re: Any-link

Okay,

I have also verified that the RF link Plug (Similar or perhaps equal to the mini RCA type Plug ) had been inserted all the way inside the receptacle of my DX7 as I did noticed when I had activated for the first time the model quit working and I noticed it was because I did not insert the RF connector ALL the way in. This of course was at home during first bench testing so, I am aware of this.

Again, I am not upset with all that has happen to me with this model as a matter of fact, I look forward in installing the E-Flite 480 (1020Kv), Castle Creations Thunderbird 36-AMP and the solid Castle Creations BERG 4-Channel DSP Receiver.

I just hope that for those who will be receiving their models soon, perhaps on Wednesday, to take note of the various issues I have had and make sure you test your RF link carefully if using DX7.

Best of luck everyone!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 09, 2013, 02:38 AM
Plowin Dirt
USA, WA, Benton City
Joined Oct 2007
1,603 Posts
I'd pretty much bet the ESC is bad with the motor cutting out like that. On the Any-Link setup, try turning the TX antenna so it points towards the side (either one) of the TX. We run into this issue on the AcroWot with the included Any-Link. Distributer suggested we try it. I was using a Futaba 7C but we never had any more failed connections. Repairs look really nice..

Dan
deckert is offline Find More Posts by deckert