Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 17, 2013, 05:02 AM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,356 Posts
I agree Jerry it was nice meeting Nitro Nancy in person. I don't blame her for being sad saying goodbye to the planes. Pat I look forward to seeing you in a week at the AEF. One of my friends is going to bring a NitroPlanes Me-262 to Arizona. We might maiden it Saturday when we practice air towing his micro ASK-21 with my Carbon Cub as we practice for Arizona. As for the Seagull Cessna here are a few more pictures of it to let people look here and decide. They should have supplied white control horns or painted them, otherwise a very sweet looking plane. Mike
Michael Heer is offline Find More Posts by Michael Heer
Last edited by Michael Heer; Jan 17, 2013 at 05:12 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 17, 2013, 05:20 AM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,356 Posts
Speaking of NitroPlanes here is a picture of their P-47 and the above mentioned Me-262. I would hate to say good-bye to those planes. Mike
Old Jan 17, 2013, 08:55 AM
Timelord
USA, IN, Muncie
Joined Mar 2002
2,411 Posts
Nice job as always Mike!

Additional photos and videos can be found here:
http://www.modelaviation.com/amaexpo2013

Jay Smith
Model Aviation Magazine
Doctor Who is offline Find More Posts by Doctor Who
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 17, 2013, 10:33 AM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,085 Posts
Jay,

Was nice to finally meet you in person! I'll get those Pocket Jets done sone and see about getting something in MA for them.

Mike,

Several of the local guys have that Me-262, so they should be in abundance at AEF.

Pat
crxmanpat is offline Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Old Jan 17, 2013, 10:50 AM
We got some flyin' to do!
United States, CA, Fort Irwin
Joined Apr 2012
4,441 Posts
Yup Mike,

I went Saturday, and yes, it was indeed a wonderful show, but I had a bit of a problem

Much like the alluring sirens of Homer's Odyssey, I was entranced by the beautiful, friendly gals working behind Banana Hobby's table who robbed me of $129.00 !

So naturally, I retaliated, and grabbed a 1100mm Freewing FW-190 off the table and stormed off....!

But really, it was a fantastic show with lots of wonderful folks to meet and talk to. I spent some time with Pete (a wonderful, stand-up kinda guy, BTW.) and once I was able to see the Freewing FW-190 in person, I finally decided to get off the fence and pull the trigger. Super looking model which looks even better in person.

I spent a great deal of time over at Horizon Hobby and met some absolutely great guys like Dave Eichstedt, John Redman and of course, Eric Johnson.

They were all very friendly and fielded many, many questions, sharing their experiences with some of Horizon's newest releases, namely the Parkzone Archer II and the Hobbyzone Glasair Sportsman. I'm completely thrilled with my Archer and have been flying it every chance I get. Check out the Archer thread and my blog for more details. Just fantastic. The Glasair caught me totally by surprise (which really isn't saying much, BTW ) and I am thrilled that a company that some folks had thought may be feeling the sting from the overseas vendors was actually simply preparing a flurry of releases for 2013! And man, for Horizon fans such as myself, what a year this is shaping up to be! Talking with Eric and Dave at length only confirmed what some folks have said, and that is that Horizon doesn't just mold some planes and hope for the best....oh no, my friends. Horizon tests every one their models extensively, making tiny little tweaks all along the way, and only when it's flying perfectly, and only then, is it ready for prime time. I'm very willing to pay the little more that Horizon asks for their models for that reason alone, but wait, there's also the legendary customer service and the fact that you can pick up a phone and call them and actually speak to a living, breathing human being.....pretty rare in this day and age .

All in all, a wonderful event and thank you AMA for organizing this event!

John
AMA#1005851
Justwingit is online now Find More Posts by Justwingit
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Justwingit; Apr 30, 2013 at 02:12 PM.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 03:25 PM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,356 Posts
Last Saturday we were at the show and today planes being sold at the show were in the air. Here is the Banana Hobby SBD-5 and the Nitroplane ME-262.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 03:36 PM
USA, AZ, Phoenix
Joined May 2003
3,115 Posts
You got those two?
tailskid2 is offline Find More Posts by tailskid2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Midwest Stik Build
Old Jan 19, 2013, 07:24 PM
check for reversed controls
United States, CA, Chino
Joined Oct 2007
9,847 Posts
Well as long as we're showing planes bought at the show How many of you guys got one of those FMS G 600 gliders from the Banana Hobby booth? Here's my sons motorized version.

And here's the videos how it flew on a 2500Kv motor

2cell maiden
20130118 0328 (1 min 16 sec)

3s 2nd flight

20130118 0330 (0 min 31 sec)

A hotliner flyer at our field liked it so much he traded my son a new Nitroplanes mini Pop Wing for it and here's how he flew it
20130119 0331 (0 min 47 sec)
alpea 41 is offline Find More Posts by alpea 41
Old Jan 19, 2013, 07:45 PM
check for reversed controls
United States, CA, Chino
Joined Oct 2007
9,847 Posts
We're even having some fun taking it up as a free flight glider and rigging a velcro release and chasing after it . So far longest duration has been 1 minute.
alpea 41 is offline Find More Posts by alpea 41
Old Jan 20, 2013, 06:50 AM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,356 Posts
Jerry, two of my friends bought Nitroplanes ME-262s at the show but that is my SBD-5 Dauntless from Banana Hobby. I will be bringing her to Arizona later this week. Working on a review of the Dauntless. The ME-262 flies very nice but used a lot of juice and had a "flame out" when the battery (5,000 mAh) had been drained. She glided in for a landing and proved she could land hard without damage ... at least once. The picture was from her maiden flight and there will be better time management on future flights. Dick is brining her to Arizona for the AEF this week. The Dauntless uses a 4-cell 2200 pack and flies very nice and for over five minutes with a reserve with a fully charged pack. Now back to the building board to get other planes ready for Arizona. Mike Heer
Old Jan 20, 2013, 02:24 PM
USA, AZ, Phoenix
Joined May 2003
3,115 Posts
I have always thought the Dauntless was one of the better looking WWII birds and 'someday' I hope to build an 80"+ model of her See you Thursday evening?

Jerry
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 20, 2013, 02:33 PM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,356 Posts
Definitely! Tilted Kilt in Mesa I have the long table reserved.

Mike
Old Jan 21, 2013, 09:02 PM
Caution:Makes sharp left turns
United States, CA, Lake Forest
Joined Feb 1999
6,004 Posts
I am looking for a gentleman I met on Saturday morning just before the show started who interviewed me and my blue flying car at the DW Foamies booth. He gave me an email address that didn't work, flyer602...com. I was trying to send some info to him. Don't remember his name but he was in his 60's, had a camcorder, and said he worked for some sort of publishing outfit. Does this ring a bell with anyone?
Troy is offline Find More Posts by Troy
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 21, 2013, 09:16 PM
USA, AZ, Phoenix
Joined May 2003
3,115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Heer View Post
Definitely! Tilted Kilt in Mesa I have the long table reserved.

Mike
Time to meet?
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 23, 2013, 06:42 PM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,356 Posts
Tilted Kilt in Mesa starting at 6:00. Blue Moon is the featured beer of the month.