HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 13, 2013, 07:53 PM
Joined Jan 2010
477 Posts
good lord thats sweet, would you consider building one for me??? im in afghanistan for the next 9 months but wouldnt be in a hurry to get it or buy it. for some reason i need one of your jets!!!!! very cool!!
mshay is offline Find More Posts by mshay
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2013, 08:39 PM
Now in TN!
Chapel Hill, TN USA
Joined Apr 2001
24,162 Posts
Thanks Bruce, Hans

No Dennis, haven't tried peeing on it but if it continues to give me problems I might consider taking a dump in it.

mshay,
I'm flattered. But I'm sorry, I've made it a policy not to build for hire. I build for myself. To me, this is a hobby. Charging for it would make it work and take all the fun out of it. I've had a lot of requests and if I did it for one I would feel like I had to do it for all. That would leave me no time at all.
I am building this for Hans but...... there are two rules.
1. I have custody as long as Hans in not in country. When he is in country, he can fly it all he wants.
2. Hans cannot cut it up ad take it home in a bag. ( sort of an inside joke)
But seriously, please take care of yourself. We are all very grateful of what our young men and women are doing overseas.

J
J Morgan is offline Find More Posts by J Morgan
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: OV-10A Bronco from Palmer Plans
Old Feb 13, 2013, 09:48 PM
United States, NC, Wilmington
Joined Jul 2004
270 Posts
I have been, I slack off a bit so I,m re-reading Cheating Death and that got me fired up. Also check out these builds going on in RCSB really nice work. Oh that ink/dye can be deluted with water or alcohol. I would use it if I ever did a Fat Face to tint the Blye Room. Looking good Buddy...Don
http://www.rcscalebuilder.com/forum/...317&PN=1&TPN=1
Low Show is online now Find More Posts by Low Show
Old Feb 13, 2013, 09:51 PM
United States, NC, Wilmington
Joined Jul 2004
270 Posts
And this one will just make you sick, this Boy is good...Don

http://www.rcscalebuilder.com/forum/...834&PN=1&TPN=1
Low Show is online now Find More Posts by Low Show
Old Feb 14, 2013, 06:35 AM
Now in TN!
Chapel Hill, TN USA
Joined Apr 2001
24,162 Posts
I saw that thread by DBspit when I was building my A-1. Serious, serious work. Don't know that I could spend that kind of time on anything!
Glad to hear you are working on that big boy.

J
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 14, 2013, 01:01 PM
Crystal River Fl.
Joined Jul 2008
3,681 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Show View Post
And this one will just make you sick, this Boy is good...Don

http://www.rcscalebuilder.com/forum/...834&PN=1&TPN=1
Guess it won't make me too sick, as you have to join before you can even see the thread!?! Kinda stupid really..... And not very inviting or friendly...jmo w
Waltjg is offline Find More Posts by Waltjg
Old Feb 14, 2013, 01:50 PM
Now in TN!
Chapel Hill, TN USA
Joined Apr 2001
24,162 Posts
Now, now, settle down Walt. Don't want to get your blood pressure up. Sign up, it's free and there are a whole lot of good modelers on there.

My new elev servo came in a day early. I can't believe it was a drop in fit for the Hitec. This one has 222 oz of torque and should do the job. It's working as we speak.
Also worked on the radar farings for the nose. Used a couple off of Sparky's sheet of teardrop shapes. That guy has everything! Just had to
make them a bit shallower.
And the nose probes are on too, one each side.

So the work continues.

J
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 14, 2013, 04:57 PM
Now in TN!
Chapel Hill, TN USA
Joined Apr 2001
24,162 Posts
SUCCESS!!!!!!!!
We have tinted canopies. I used yellow food coloring and Future floor wax. Tried spraying the inside with the airbrush on the heavier 0.04 canopy but had trouble getting a wet coat because of the overspray, besides I was worried about runs.
So on the other two, Hans' and mine, I used a small foam brush and brushed on a light coat on the inside. Set them up to dry with the front end down to collect any excess.
Frankly, they look better in person than the pics. I'm happy and moving on!
Nice thing about the Future is if you're not happy with it, a little soap, water and ammonia will scrub it off and you can start over.
I did one for Hans because he is planning on building one this size too to practice with. Don't know why, he could fly these F-16s in his sleep.

Also got my wife's wicker flower planter scraped, polyed, primered, and painted. But that's another story. 61 degrees here and beautiful, weekend doesn't look so nice.

J
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 14, 2013, 05:15 PM
I don't do Normal
Canada, NT, Yellowknife
Joined Dec 2011
439 Posts
Hoot good to hear you got it looks Great
You get the Net fixed up yet
Pinky_d_brain is offline Find More Posts by Pinky_d_brain
Old Feb 14, 2013, 09:01 PM
Mike
Columbus, Ohio, United States
Joined Jul 2003
935 Posts
Looks great J !
i12flyrc is offline Find More Posts by i12flyrc
Old Feb 14, 2013, 09:13 PM
Now in TN!
Chapel Hill, TN USA
Joined Apr 2001
24,162 Posts
Thanks guys

Still having net problems in the shop. Afraid my buried hardline may have gone south. I'll get to the bottom of it in a few days.

J
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 14, 2013, 10:50 PM
Retired and Lovin' it!
United States, KY, Sturgis
Joined Jul 2007
2,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Joachim View Post
BG J,
fantastic!! We should be carefull during the flights, because I read that every AIM 120 shot will cost around 480,000,00$.
HJ
Hans, this reminds me of a story I heard back in '72. A new version an air to ground missile was send over to SEA for testing against the NVA. They were costing about $100,000 per missile. The pilots were using them against NVA duece and a half trucks coming down the Ho Chi Minh trail. The Wing Commander suggested that we would be ahead if we just sent a delegation to North Vietnam and just bought the damn $2000 trucks instead of shooting them with $100,000 missiles.

Tony
tpfing is offline Find More Posts by tpfing
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 15, 2013, 05:06 AM
Now in TN!
Chapel Hill, TN USA
Joined Apr 2001
24,162 Posts
Good story Tony.
I remember being on the Leahy in the Caribbean circa 1966 and we were conducting missile tests. We fired 9 Terrier missiles at drones. Supposed to be near misses and we of course knocked a drone down. I heard the drone was half a million and the missiles were $80,000 each. That's in 1966 dollars and we were just practicing!

J
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 15, 2013, 07:58 AM
United States, KS, Rose Hill
Joined Sep 2007
752 Posts
You might want to look at WiFi to the shop, it isn't that expensive or difficult anymore. I am using a $70 booster to get to the shop and around the place.

L.
Cherokee Flyer is online now Find More Posts by Cherokee Flyer
Old Feb 15, 2013, 11:27 AM
Living a Dream
Winsen (Aller) Germany
Joined Oct 2003
4,085 Posts
She looks so good, John!! Thank you for the yellow canopy!!

I remember the stick of the long LAN cable has a broken or loose plastic part. This connection is important to get the bits and bytes to your apple book.

HJ
Hans-Joachim is offline Find More Posts by Hans-Joachim