HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 18, 2013, 07:15 AM
Joined Apr 2012
3,581 Posts
Yes baby steps.I abandoned hardware SPI.I don't want to solder anything atm.About sending out a hex value serially.I have a laptop PC ,how can I connect the ATmega 8 to my PC?Yes I need a serial to USB adaptor ....i have one from my flysky 6ch tx using with the port trainer.Is it that good for that?I need to connect to tx wire for transmitting.Reading data with hiperterminal.
So if the mcU send out a hex value and I read it with hiperterminal....this concludes that the A7105 is receiving data?
midelic is online now Find More Posts by midelic
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by midelic; Feb 18, 2013 at 07:25 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 18, 2013, 07:36 AM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,021 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by midelic View Post
serial to USB adaptor ....i have one from my flysky 6ch tx using with the port trainer.Is it that good for that?
yes. make sure you dont mix up rx/tx.

Quote:
Originally Posted by midelic View Post
So if the mcU send out a hex value and I read it with hiperterminal....this concludes that the A7105 is receiving data?
well... it has to be the RIGHT data. for starters you need to realize that a7105 regs are reset to a fixed value. i suggest verifying those before even thinking of writing or going any further.

so now you understand why i wanted to see your hello world? lol!
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993
Old Feb 18, 2013, 07:45 AM
Joined Apr 2012
3,581 Posts
You saw blinking code now you want to see Hello world!.....code.Now I understand ....better later than never.
midelic is online now Find More Posts by midelic
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: DIY Multiprotocol TX Module
Old Feb 18, 2013, 05:54 PM
We can rebuild it!
United Kingdom, Wales, Swffryd
Joined Apr 2010
3,649 Posts
So the four wire lpt programming... I searched around but there were a few results that all had different wiring diagrams, you got a link to the system your using?

So a V911 Tx and a mega8, are these the two most basic things to make a Tx?
djdavies83 is offline Find More Posts by djdavies83
Old Feb 18, 2013, 06:10 PM
United Kingdom, Bristol
Joined Aug 2008
1,774 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdavies83 View Post
So the four wire lpt programming... I searched around but there were a few results that all had different wiring diagrams, you got a link to the system your using?

From a great guy
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...4&postcount=25

and one time i was in a jam but don't ask me to revisit it I got a least 4 ways i can re-flash without lpt1. Favorite Attiny one i made back then and at90usb162 which does everything. And two Fuse repairers and a AVRDragon <<< if you ever buy one only run it off USB hub that can supply 1amp else it breaks its self.
SadSack is offline Find More Posts by SadSack
Old Feb 18, 2013, 07:42 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,021 Posts
hey thats rich, the guy i worked for for many years and taught me virtually everything i know. he also set me up here at rcg and on ebay. i wish he was still around.

be aware there are three popular pinouts: bascom, ponyprog, and stk500. only the last has survived the test of time so id advise avoiding the pinout in "jam" link. 100ohm series resistors are not really required but might be a good idea to protect your motherboard in case you accidently apply 12v or something. i love this method and recommend it to anybody whos lucky enough to have printer ports on their pc. and if you dont as dj said it solves the chicken/egg situation building a usbasp or tinyisp even if you only have temporary access to an old motherboard.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 07:48 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,021 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdavies83 View Post
well.. yeah. but im not sure why if you already have a v911 tx. you probably meant to say "rx" and if so the answer is no. at least not a very good one. the v911 tx module is not configured for rf out so receive range will be very short. enough for development like in my case but not very practical for flying a plane. the best combo is mega8 and one of those cheap xl7105 modules.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 07:53 PM
United Kingdom, Bristol
Joined Aug 2008
1,774 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1993 View Post
hey thats rich, the guy i worked for for many years and taught me virtually everything i know. he also set me up here at rcg and on ebay. i wish he was still around.

be aware there are three popular pinouts: bascom, ponyprog, and stk500. only the last has survived the test of time so id advise avoiding the pinout in "jam" link. 100ohm series resistors are not really required but might be a good idea to protect your motherboard in case you accidently apply 12v or something. i love this method and recommend it to anybody whos lucky enough to have printer ports on their pc. and if you dont as dj said it solves the chicken/egg situation building a usbasp or tinyisp even if you only have temporary access to an old motherboard.
Oh think he's still about I recognized elements of his style in someone here abouts
Old Feb 18, 2013, 07:59 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,021 Posts
yes, my mother used to complain about all the time we spent together and now says im just like a chip off the old blockhead. she says i look like him too. uh..oh.. better not let dad hear that! lol!
Old Feb 18, 2013, 08:07 PM
United Kingdom, Bristol
Joined Aug 2008
1,774 Posts
vusbtiny programmer atiny85 based avr programmer http://www.simpleavr.com/avr/vusbtiny
If you really get stuck could build and post one. Think i've got enough parts here to do it.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 08:12 PM
United Kingdom, Bristol
Joined Aug 2008
1,774 Posts
haha... lucky you having him for a neighbour.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 04:13 AM
Joined Feb 2013
5 Posts
GOOD MORNING! how can I install the micro heli transmitter and recever on the micro plane indoor ???
andreas cyprus is offline Find More Posts by andreas cyprus
Old Feb 19, 2013, 05:54 AM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,021 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreas cyprus View Post
GOOD MORNING! how can I install the micro heli transmitter and recever on the micro plane indoor ???
welcome to rcg andreas. that is not really the topic discussed here but a good thread to follow is:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1636399

search function of the forum can be very helpful.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 05:55 AM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,021 Posts
an offline comment has reminded me i failed to mention recent updates to post #1. sunday i took some photos of the prototype thats being used last few weeks and posted them. wiring is still the same as original prototype but a couple changes: xl7105 instead of v911 module and diode added. a diode on the module allows running the mega8 from 4.2v lipo or 3.3v dc supply yet keeps the module happy with <3.6v. this setup not only used for software development but, even though not in the milligram range, is small enough to be tested and flown in my micro planes.

this power supply issue is particularly important because i did burn out 3 of the xl7105 and one of the v911 modules. almost certainly due to overvoltage but might have been related to cmos latchup because both specs were violated. although it dont die right away that chip does like to go out with a bang. in any case now i avoid running the chip directly off 5v and allowing input signals to go too far above vcc or below ground. i can still operate from a 5v supply (usb) by using another diode to drop everything down to 4.2v to imitate a battery. so 2 diodes total, one for the mega8 and module (4.2v) and another in series with just the module (3.5v). or only one diode for the module when using a 1 cell lipo or 3.3v supply like from usbasp or serial dongle. that .7v drop really works out well for these applications.
Last edited by dave1993; Feb 19, 2013 at 06:32 AM. Reason: TWO diodes for 5v
Old Feb 19, 2013, 06:34 AM
Joined Feb 2013
5 Posts
dave1993 !! thnx very match !!!
andreas cyprus is offline Find More Posts by andreas cyprus