HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 30, 2013, 05:56 PM
Joined Apr 2012
3,899 Posts
I agree perfectly with you but we discuss discussion hypothetically right now.I thought the same.long time ago similar situation....(before to include flysky tx code in er9x ,.....3 wire spi....and it is possible)....The people who know how to do it will not do,..... but for themselves ..IMHO........unless you do it and publish it yourself.
midelic is online now Find More Posts by midelic
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: DIY Multiprotocol TX Module
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 30, 2013, 06:07 PM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
8,069 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by midelic View Post
I agree perfectly with you but we discuss discussion hypothetically right now.I thought the same.long time ago similar situation....(before to include flysky tx code in er9x ,.....3 wire spi....and it is possible)....The people who know how to do it will not do,..... but for themselves ..IMHO........unless you do it and publish it yourself.
So ... people that know how to do ... my guess ... they make money on these type of things then ... else ... it make no sense

Anyhow ... if I will manage to make it ... I may publish it ...

So ...

First I need the post man to brings my cookies from china.
Then I need to find time to be wasted on this no-profit project (I like to waste time )
Then I need to be able to manage it
Then ... if I will feel good I may publish it ...

So ... in short ... I hope somebody can be faster then me, and I can just suck his work ... but I promise I can review the code and test it

PS: I feel I'm quite good on Arduino and MultiWii ... I added new modes, find bugs, added sonar ... and all of it is working ... no crash due to a code bug so far
e_lm_70 is offline Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Mar 30, 2013, 08:07 PM
flying beam
through the Looking Glass
Joined Apr 2008
1,765 Posts
The only way for Dave to not make his code public in conjunction with MWII is to use an intermediate mcu to do the Flysky stuff.

MWII is GPL and if he modifies the code to integrate flysky stuff he has to publish it.

Unless he has a way to load he's blob code without modifying the source of MWII, but I doubt an AVR could do this.
blackmoon is online now Find More Posts by blackmoon
Old Mar 30, 2013, 08:20 PM
flying beam
Joined Apr 2008
1,765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilcd85 View Post
Yes and yes
F***, was hoping for 2.54mm to piggyback it to an arduino, an make a TX module for the hubsan X4.

Now I'll have to solder wires...
Old Mar 31, 2013, 08:03 AM
United Kingdom, Bristol
Joined Aug 2008
1,774 Posts
I did attiny13 for giggles just need tidy up. I think it would be doable both module types with only 1 pcb design I'll not guess till i have one in my hand

Other's are all I've done to date.

Rename zip to rar
SadSack is offline Find More Posts by SadSack
Last edited by SadSack; Mar 31, 2013 at 08:26 AM.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 08:21 AM
Joined Apr 2012
3,899 Posts
cannot open file. upload it again
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 31, 2013, 08:27 AM
United Kingdom, Bristol
Joined Aug 2008
1,774 Posts
Quote:
cannot open file. upload it again
rename zip to rar
Old Mar 31, 2013, 04:40 PM
flying beam
Joined Apr 2008
1,765 Posts
Thanks Phil now we have choice
Old Apr 01, 2013, 02:39 AM
Joined Apr 2012
3,899 Posts
dave,
You forgot the LED for receiver status....Which pin to use?...anyway only one left "reset" and you cannot use that one.So I think you should consider one SOIC 16.Or use 3 wire SPI.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 01, 2013, 10:58 AM
Beijing Capital, China
Joined Mar 2004
62 Posts
Quote:
dave,
You forgot the LED for receiver status....Which pin to use?...anyway only one left "reset" and you cannot use that one.So I think you should consider one SOIC 16.Or use 3 wire SPI.
Is pc5 pin LED for receiver status?
jpshu is offline Find More Posts by jpshu
Old Apr 01, 2013, 11:04 AM
Joined Apr 2012
3,899 Posts
No.No.....Waiting for Dave feedback.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 01, 2013, 11:42 AM
United Kingdom, Bristol
Joined Aug 2008
1,774 Posts
Quote:
dave,
Using PB5 for led should be fine if one is needed. Once flashed your only going to re-flash with your own code. And should Dave for whatever reason does an update it would be back to base for update. Resetting fuses is a simple task.

or buy new mcu from him would much simpler option...
Old Apr 01, 2013, 11:48 AM
Joined Apr 2012
3,899 Posts
I think yes, if you program the chip only one time.Dave said some time ago that reset pin needs to be left alone.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 01, 2013, 11:55 AM
United Kingdom, Bristol
Joined Aug 2008
1,774 Posts
unless RSSI needs a pin
Old Apr 01, 2013, 12:47 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
Quote:
dave,
status led is nice but not needed. as following posts explain the reset pin can be used for that in final versions. during development it must stay as reset in which case scoping the io1 pin serves for status indicator.

probably moot unless more people are interested because only 5 so far is below threshold. its possible i may revisit sometime in the future by adding ppm to the half gram rx. but it wont be for a while and probably cost a couple bucks more. not something i need myself atm though.

speaking of which i had much better success getting the mw/7105 combo working. it took two days last weekend and all day saturday to get things tweaked but it did fly sunday morn. even before dawn it was a little tricky due to wind 20mph gusts (according to awos). at first i thought the quad was just unstable with all that flippy floppy behavior but then i realized it was simply trying to stay in one position. it was unflyable with the v939 board. so this mw thing looks, as my old bud fishy says, do... a... ble...
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993