HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 04, 2013, 08:11 AM
Ireland, Co. Dublin, Dublin
Joined Feb 2012
315 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lord chris View Post
does £80 not seem a little pricey?
Als have them up for £71, it seems that the retailers normally sell for less than the advertised price.

More expensive than a regular 6ch RX for sure but IMO it's a nice product and I don't mind spending a little extra to pick one up to play with. By the way this thread is in indoor and micro models but the AR635 is good for up to a .90 size kit. Note though it does say in the manual that it's not for glow, petrol, or turbine models so just big electrics I guess..
Quandry is offline Find More Posts by Quandry
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 04, 2013, 08:31 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,885 Posts
I'll probably wait for hk clone lol
Razors edge 29 is offline Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Jan 04, 2013, 09:16 AM
Oxford, Michigan, United States
Joined Aug 1999
2,373 Posts
Well, it's a $60 receiver mated to a 3 axis gyro. $120 US price sounds reasonable to me.
Petefoss is online now Find More Posts by Petefoss
Old Jan 04, 2013, 09:21 AM
DX18QQ #1489/2000
United Kingdom, England, Plymouth
Joined Apr 2009
3 Posts
Spektrum AR635 6 Channel AS3X Sport Receiver (Available Soon)

I became aware of these new receivers a few days ago via Quique Somenzini's FaceBook page along with one of the models that it is initially fitted therein, the 'ParkZone VisionAire'...

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...bnf-PKZ6580#t2
[Edit: Add YouTube Video...] VisionAire BNF with AS3X Technology by ParkZone

I looked around for prices in the UK of the new AR635 AS3X receivers and see that my LHS 'Totem Hobbies' has already got them listed @ £69.99 inc UK VAT here...

http://www.totemhobbies.co.uk/produc...-receiver.aspx

I'm certainly going to order the AR635 this weekend from my LHS Totem Hobbies
Maybe, Hopefully, Fingers Crossed my LHS might even have stock of them or the VisionAire BNF 3d Airplane by then as they seem to get stuff in very quickly after it has been announced by Horizon Hobby, I will then be able to see how the AR635 AS3X Receiver compares with the EagleTree (6 axis) Guardian and Hobbyking 3 axis (gyro only) stabilisers.

Have Fun !

Mark S.
Squanto is offline Find More Posts by Squanto
Last edited by Squanto; Jan 07, 2013 at 08:05 PM. Reason: edited link url
Old Jan 04, 2013, 11:01 AM
Kev Waite
Plymouth UK
Joined Nov 2005
351 Posts
The VisionAir according to Horizon UK is due sometime later this month.
rcpaintfx is offline Find More Posts by rcpaintfx
Old Jan 04, 2013, 05:12 PM
United States, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined Oct 2007
6,906 Posts
You guys who want to try em -should fly the little SBach and the Gee Bee with the brick/AS3X.
The ONLY rub is when recovering from "flick" maneuvers the models shake a bit for a fraction of a second.
The plus side is that with a befy battery - the SBach does th e FAI aerobatic sequences quite well - far better than one might expect . stays on line really well.
richard hanson is offline Find More Posts by richard hanson
Old Jan 04, 2013, 06:59 PM
United States, NJ, Freehold Township
Joined May 2009
370 Posts
Hk has a cheap gyro that works like the as3x . I ordered one and it didn't fit in my habu so this all in one is a welcome addition to the receiver line.
crashkorey is online now Find More Posts by crashkorey
Old Jan 04, 2013, 07:09 PM
so. cal.
Joined Jan 2006
2,690 Posts
I would hope and I think it won't be long before they offer AS3X in a full range of receivers, they probably want to see how this sell first. Right now if you want 2 aileron/flaperon etc. the Eagle Tree Guardian does the trick.
s2000 is online now Find More Posts by s2000
Old Jan 04, 2013, 07:18 PM
wjs
William
United States, MI, Brighton
Joined Oct 2012
1,966 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashkorey View Post
Hk has a cheap gyro that works like the as3x . I ordered one and it didn't fit in my habu so this all in one is a welcome addition to the receiver line.
HK version not really like the as3x. I think they are miles apart in end result. The hk one has various issues that I hope the as3x addressed.
wjs is offline Find More Posts by wjs
Old Jan 05, 2013, 05:05 AM
North West UK
Joined Nov 2010
349 Posts
Bit of a convoluted setup procedure. Would have been nice if they stuck a micro usb port on it for laptop programming as well.
Roblister is offline Find More Posts by Roblister
Old Jan 05, 2013, 06:50 AM
Kev Waite
Plymouth UK
Joined Nov 2005
351 Posts
delete
rcpaintfx is offline Find More Posts by rcpaintfx
Old Jan 05, 2013, 10:39 AM
Joined Sep 2011
668 Posts
I read the part in the manual that says, "servos MUST be digital". Why can't analog servos be used?
Mugen4Lfe is offline Find More Posts by Mugen4Lfe
Old Jan 05, 2013, 04:10 PM
wjs
William
United States, MI, Brighton
Joined Oct 2012
1,966 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen4Lfe View Post
I read the part in the manual that says, "servos MUST be digital". Why can't analog servos be used?
I would think analog "could" be used. But the micro movements could be washed out by analog dead band and low holding at micro movements. This thing probably really gives them digitals a work out.
wjs is offline Find More Posts by wjs
Old Jan 05, 2013, 07:49 PM
USA, AK, Houston
Joined Aug 2005
789 Posts
When something requires digital servos it's almost always because the PWM signal rate to the servos is over 50hz which is standard for analog servos. If you hook up analog servos to this it will eventually cook them.

Personally, I think this product is a little bit weak given all of the flybarless units can be programmed on a computer these days. For the money I would probably by a ZYX-S gyro with the usb programmer for $56 then add a spektrum satellite.

DSMX works very well, so I would be pretty comfortable with a single remote even on a larger airplane.

schu
akschu is offline Find More Posts by akschu
Old Jan 05, 2013, 08:42 PM
Joined Sep 2011
668 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjs View Post
I would think analog "could" be used. But the micro movements could be washed out by analog dead band and low holding at micro movements. This thing probably really gives them digitals a work out.
That makes sense.
Mugen4Lfe is offline Find More Posts by Mugen4Lfe