Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 30, 2012, 06:56 AM
Canada, ON, Chatham-Kent
Joined Nov 2012
29 Posts
Discussion
1/10 ReadyLift XXX-SCT comparable Lipo?

What is a good cheap Lipo for this? I don't want to pay $75 for the 6000mah 60c they offer.
ShowTime88 is offline Find More Posts by ShowTime88
Last edited by ShowTime88; Dec 30, 2012 at 07:21 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 01, 2013, 12:53 AM
Joined Nov 2012
14 Posts
Great question. If you are new please keep the question coming as there is alot of good knowledge here. This is my battery of choice. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ar_Lipoly.html
homedefender83 is offline Find More Posts by homedefender83
Old Jan 01, 2013, 07:56 AM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,791 Posts
I switched over to GensAce packs last summer in my stadium truck and they've been great. I'm personally running the 2s5000mah 50c packs with the bullets in the casing.
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Old Jan 01, 2013, 06:14 PM
Outdoor Extremist
Pennsylvania
Joined Jul 2010
1,006 Posts
forget gens ace nano techs are my vote for a lipo
rustlererad3 is offline Find More Posts by rustlererad3
Old Jan 02, 2013, 12:50 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,084 Posts
I don't run packs this big (yet), in fact before my cars were picked up from the mothballs and I added a few more to "the garage" the biggest lipo in my possession was a 1S 300 mAh. Since I only run 1/10 scale buggies, which are relatively lightweight, a 4000 mAh pack already gives me 15 minutes or more running time. In fact, being winter here, I usually quit driving before the battery is getting close to going empty, as I'm getting cold.

But I do have 2 car packs now, both stick pack shape, so they fit vintage cars that only accept 6 cell packs, one RC Plus 4000 mAh and one a Reedy Wolfpack 3000 mAh. Both gave the car they are used in a nice performance boost, adding around 5 km/h to the top speed, as well as better acceleration. The RC Plus pack is so balanced, I can afford not to balance charge it every cycle, saving quite some charging time. The Wolfpack came with a difference of 0.2 volts between the 2 cells, which took hours to equalize on the first charge. It's been better since, but it seems Reedy took less care to match the cells, or the pack needs a few more cycles to even out, or it's just exemplary, as this pack keeps having more voltage differences than the other one up till now.
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 02, 2013, 02:35 AM
Joined Nov 2012
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan View Post
I don't run packs this big (yet), in fact before my cars were picked up from the mothballs and I added a few more to "the garage" the biggest lipo in my possession was a 1S 300 mAh. Since I only run 1/10 scale buggies, which are relatively lightweight, a 4000 mAh pack already gives me 15 minutes or more running time. In fact, being winter here, I usually quit driving before the battery is getting close to going empty, as I'm getting cold.

But I do have 2 car packs now, both stick pack shape, so they fit vintage cars that only accept 6 cell packs, one RC Plus 4000 mAh and one a Reedy Wolfpack 3000 mAh. Both gave the car they are used in a nice performance boost, adding around 5 km/h to the top speed, as well as better acceleration. The RC Plus pack is so balanced, I can afford not to balance charge it every cycle, saving quite some charging time. The Wolfpack came with a difference of 0.2 volts between the 2 cells, which took hours to equalize on the first charge. It's been better since, but it seems Reedy took less care to match the cells, or the pack needs a few more cycles to even out, or it's just exemplary, as this pack keeps having more voltage differences than the other one up till now.
Wow that post made me so drowsy.
homedefender83 is offline Find More Posts by homedefender83
Old Jan 02, 2013, 03:56 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,084 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by homedefender83 View Post
Wow that post made me so drowsy.
Here's a coffee for you.

I felt drowsy as well as I was waiting for the Reedy pack to get the cells balanced. And for those that don't like reading more than 3 lines, a summary:

- Rc Plus 2s 4000 mAh has been great so far.
- Reedy Wolfpack 2S 3000 mAh works fine as well, but keep an eye on the voltage of the individual cells, in case more packs suffer from inbalance besides the one I got.

Better now?
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 02, 2013, 09:05 AM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,791 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustlererad3 View Post
forget gens ace nano techs are my vote for a lipo
There's at least 3 people at my local track that have had brutal failures with nano-techs, and even more than have raced a full season with a single gens ace pack without issue.

Consider that every race day is 3 or 4 qualifies plus a main, and practice in the morning that's at least 6 cycles per race day. Add in any practice days, probably another 3-4 cycles each day and you're at well over 50 cycles in a season.
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Old Jan 02, 2013, 01:40 PM
Outdoor Extremist
Pennsylvania
Joined Jul 2010
1,006 Posts
hmmm i dont know why gens ace batteries have let me down so many times but they have...turnigy packs have not let me down ever nor have the duratrax lipo packs i bought for bashing
rustlererad3 is offline Find More Posts by rustlererad3