SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by Phil Davy, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 04:46 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2007
1,039 Posts
Trader Rating: 128
Sold
*** Sharon Pro 3.7 Meter 2.4 safe Final Reduction MORE PICS! ***

*** Sharon Profi 3.7 meter 2.4 safe***
This is an almost RTF Sharon that I was going to finish up but I decided to get another "new" plane to take its place. It has a repaired LE skin on on the right side of the CP that looks pretty good. It is a little stiffer than the original skin. The spar was not involved. The tails got creased from being left in a PQ. It was repaired by drilling a hole in the root and dropping CA in the tail and soaking it from the inside. It is stiffer than heck now. Otherwise, it has very low hours on it as the fuse shows. The wings have shrink wrapped Multiplex (white color) servos (6 x servo wing with 4 servos linkages already set for the other servo's). No fuse servos but I removed the old tray and prepped the fuse for a new setup. It comes with custom wing bags made of padded quilt material. DB9 wire harness is done in semi Plug n Play. The plane looks to be a lighter glass version but it is really light looking carbon and it is on the wings and tails.
Phil
Phil Davy is offline Find More Posts by Phil Davy
Last edited by Phil Davy; Dec 31, 2012 at 05:12 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 30, 2012, 08:24 AM
USA, KY, Louisville
Joined Oct 2002
701 Posts
Trader Rating: 21
The Sharon was/is the winningest USA TD Ship

This ship provided DP, Mike Smith, Gordon Buckland, John Luetke, myself and soooo many others with wins on the USA TD circuit with this ships and on World tours too. After it was introduced with the X tail from a V, it took the contest circuit by storm racking up wins year after year for about a 5 year reign.

It is not a heavy wind plane, its an all round thermal ship. Its a plane that does it all and is gorgeous too.

Just to set the record straight :-)
Gordy
Gordysoar is offline Find More Posts by Gordysoar
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 30, 2012, 08:37 AM
Joined Apr 2007
1,039 Posts
Thanks Gordy!

You are right! HKM does beautiful mold work and they finish the job completely down to the finer fitment stuff. I may keep this thing if it doesn't sell soon! :-)
Phil
Old Dec 30, 2012, 08:57 AM
Fly It Like You Stole It !!
United States, MA, Pittsfield
Joined Sep 2011
230 Posts
Trader Rating: 7
More Pics???

Hi Phil,

I just bought a new ASPIRE recently and am not really in need of another TD ship right now. But I do have a friend who wants to get started in TD and fly with me. This might make a really great ship for him. Can you send any more pictures of the damaged/questionable areas where the repairs were made. I'll forward this link to him and see if we can get you guys together.

Thanks,

Murph
Paulbilbo91z9f is offline Find More Posts by Paulbilbo91z9f
Old Dec 30, 2012, 08:59 AM
R2R
St Johns, FL, USA
Joined Nov 2009
607 Posts
Trader Rating: 20
PM Sent

I'll take it.

Allan
R2R is offline Find More Posts by R2R
Old Dec 30, 2012, 10:10 AM
Joined Apr 2007
1,039 Posts
Waiting for local response!

Like I said, I want to give my local club members a chance to wake up and read the ad too. I don't want to ship this plane unless I need to!

Phil
Closed Thread