HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Pat Lynch, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 07:05 PM
a.k.a Maltone
Australia, NSW, Goulburn
Joined Jan 2005
6,414 Posts
Discussion
Next project(s)

I finally committed myself and bought some plans and a few parts for my next two build subjects.
I'd long wanted to build something from one of the 'big' designers - Platt, Brian Taylor, Bryant, Hutson etc - mostly British but that is where my reading takes me and they are familiar (yes Dave Platt is British ). Another benefit of some these designers is that the various British magazines are now producing, as well as plans for the magazines, (and their predecessors) FG mouldings, canopies, and also - laser cut wood packs. And one of those magazines (Traplet Publications - RC Model World) has stock readily available in Australia A few phone calls just before Christmas (bad timing) got me a set of parts for a Duncan Hutson model, and started me on a chase for info, plans and parts for something much bigger, also by Duncan Hutson.
The first kit is yet another attempt by me to build a decent Westland Lysander. My previous unfinished version has been officially terminated - it had a lot of issues (for me) and was not giving the satisfaction needed for such a long-duration and complex build. So, another go
The Huston version is 70" span and has available a FG cowl, canopy, wheel spats and a huge plan for what I considered a quite reasonable price. But more on that when I start a build thread.
The second bigger model will be a major effort for me but more information when I get all the bits together - Christmas has rather screwed up my attempts to locate the needed parts - I have the plans but many of the promised FG items and wood parts are in limbo (or unsent!!) - more info later..........Pat
Pat Lynch is online now Find More Posts by Pat Lynch
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: A New Year's Project
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 01, 2013, 10:24 PM
Perth WA
Joined Feb 2007
1,035 Posts
Good luck Pat,

If you don't mind me asking could you provide a link to the Oz Traplet source you mention.

Happy New Year.

Simon
Modelholic is offline Find More Posts by Modelholic
Old Feb 06, 2013, 05:28 AM
Australia, TAS, Hobart
Joined Dec 2010
45 Posts
Ready and waiting

Well Pat,

We are all ready and waiting for your next creation
When are you going to start .

Ganno