HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
Old Feb 11, 2013, 08:48 PM
Registered User
United States, TX, Palacios
Joined Feb 2009
1,602 Posts
Looks good amigo !!!
SportFlyer2 is offline Find More Posts by SportFlyer2
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 11, 2013, 11:24 PM
Registered User
hperez's Avatar
Joined Sep 2010
168 Posts
Thank you Mr. Z.

I hope it flies well, I had removed quite a bit of weight and it will have a lot better servos, but I have to finish it to figure out the wing loading, then I'll have a very good idea about what to expect.
Forgot to say that the BME 50 was replaced with the DLE 55. nothing wrong with the BME 50 runs great. It is just that I can handle a larger prop.
hperez is offline Find More Posts by hperez
Last edited by hperez; Feb 11, 2013 at 11:42 PM.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 06:39 PM
Registered User
toycannon's Avatar
United States, TX, Elgin
Joined Aug 2005
53 Posts
New Plane

Quote:
Originally Posted by hperez View Post
Thank you Mr. Z.

I hope it flies well, I had removed quite a bit of weight and it will have a lot better servos, but I have to finish it to figure out the wing loading, then I'll have a very good idea about what to expect.
Forgot to say that the BME 50 was replaced with the DLE 55. nothing wrong with the BME 50 runs great. It is just that I can handle a larger prop.
Sweeeeeet! Can't wait to see it!
toycannon is offline Find More Posts by toycannon
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 13, 2013, 08:03 AM
Registered User
United States, TX, Palacios
Joined Feb 2009
1,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by toycannon View Post
Sweeeeeet! Can't wait to see it!
+1...same here...
SportFlyer2 is offline Find More Posts by SportFlyer2
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:27 PM
Registered User
hperez's Avatar
Joined Sep 2010
168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by toycannon View Post
Sweeeeeet! Can't wait to see it!
I'm very sure that it will be at Eddie's Bday fun fly. I have to mention that it was built as an sport flyier.
hperez is offline Find More Posts by hperez
Old Feb 14, 2013, 06:23 PM
Registered User
hperez's Avatar
Joined Sep 2010
168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportFlyer2 View Post
+1...same here...
It is ready for the test fly, I'm a kind of busy this weekend but if i find a break i'll do it.
Then I'll finish the covering.
hperez is offline Find More Posts by hperez
Old Feb 16, 2013, 08:09 PM
Registered User
hperez's Avatar
Joined Sep 2010
168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hperez View Post
It is ready for the test fly, I'm a kind of busy this weekend but if i find a break i'll do it.
Then I'll finish the covering.
I did test the model, flew well, very pich sensitive, i got 3 flyights and didn't stalled it. Looking foward to next Saturday.
hperez is offline Find More Posts by hperez
Old Feb 16, 2013, 08:44 PM
Registered User
FlyingFrankie's Avatar
San Antonio, TX
Joined Feb 2010
179 Posts
Humberto is understating it....It flew awesome. For a plane that is as practically as old as 3D flying, it flew amazing 3D! And Humberto's re-engineering took off tonnage without the wings breaking off in flight!

Great job Humberto! That was the coolest thing at field today. You guys will love seeing it next weekend!
FlyingFrankie is offline Find More Posts by FlyingFrankie
Old Feb 16, 2013, 09:03 PM
Registered User
United States, TX, Palacios
Joined Feb 2009
1,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hperez View Post
I did test the model, flew well, very pich sensitive, i got 3 flyights and didn't stalled it. Looking foward to next Saturday.
Great !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFrankie View Post
Humberto is understating it....It flew awesome. For a plane that is as practically as old as 3D flying, it flew amazing 3D! And Humberto's re-engineering took off tonnage without the wings breaking off in flight!

Great job Humberto! That was the coolest thing at field today. You guys will love seeing it next weekend!
Wish I could be there...
SportFlyer2 is offline Find More Posts by SportFlyer2
Old Feb 16, 2013, 10:21 PM
Registered User
hperez's Avatar
Joined Sep 2010
168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFrankie View Post
Humberto is understating it....It flew awesome. For a plane that is as practically as old as 3D flying, it flew amazing 3D! And Humberto's re-engineering took off tonnage without the wings breaking off in flight!

Great job Humberto! That was the coolest thing at field today. You guys will love seeing it next weekend!
Thank you Frankie. I'll be at River City again tomorrow. I need to learn the plane so I can develop confidance.
hperez is offline Find More Posts by hperez
Last edited by hperez; Feb 16, 2013 at 11:17 PM.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 08:25 AM
Ku-Meeeeeeeeezzzzzz
Elixir220's Avatar
central tx
Joined Apr 2009
1,938 Posts
guys, lets plan on having dinner sat after flying
Elixir220 is offline Find More Posts by Elixir220
Old Feb 17, 2013, 09:17 PM
Registered User
hperez's Avatar
Joined Sep 2010
168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elixir220 View Post
guys, lets plan on having dinner sat after flying
Sounds great.
hperez is offline Find More Posts by hperez
Old Feb 18, 2013, 09:47 PM
Registered User
toycannon's Avatar
United States, TX, Elgin
Joined Aug 2005
53 Posts
Saturday / Eddie's B-day Fly in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elixir220 View Post
guys, lets plan on having dinner sat after flying
Count young Chris and I down for dinner as well!
toycannon is offline Find More Posts by toycannon
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 18, 2013, 10:32 PM
Registered User
FlyingFrankie's Avatar
San Antonio, TX
Joined Feb 2010
179 Posts
Me too! Where we going Eddie?
FlyingFrankie is offline Find More Posts by FlyingFrankie
Old Feb 18, 2013, 11:23 PM
Ku-Meeeeeeeeezzzzzz
Elixir220's Avatar
central tx
Joined Apr 2009
1,938 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFrankie View Post
Me too! Where we going Eddie?
survey says "TWIN PEAKS"
Elixir220 is offline Find More Posts by Elixir220
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion fly with lipo in freezing winter jy0933 Batteries and Chargers 15 Oct 06, 2012 04:06 PM
Missouri, Freeze fly 01/01/2005 crash99 Electric Flight Events 0 Dec 30, 2004 03:25 PM
"Freeze Yer Buns Off" New Years Day fly-in in NH Allan Wright Electric Plane Talk 4 Jan 09, 2004 10:10 AM
"Freeze yer buns off" Fly-in, Burnaby,B.C. Brad Trent Electric Plane Talk 34 Jan 07, 2004 06:49 PM
New Years Day "Freeze Fly" at the local club. 777 Foamies (Kits) 1 Jan 02, 2004 08:40 PM