HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
View Poll Results: As a Wasp Nano CP owner, would you consider getting the Wasp X3V as well?
Yes 19 45.24%
No 8 19.05%
Not sure or don't know 15 35.71%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 06, 2013, 10:47 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2010
2,390 Posts
Lentar...great to hear about crash parts. Thx
ridge_racer is offline Find More Posts by ridge_racer
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 06, 2013, 11:06 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,369 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentar View Post
The actual values you are supposed to put in the pitch curve are:

30, 35, 45, 55, 60 (Normal flying)

25, 35, 45, 55, 65 (Stunt flying)

Whatever the actual values, it does not make a difference, as the value 25 gives maximum negative pitch, and 65 gives maximum positive pitch.

In both curves, 45 gives zero pitch at mid-throttle.
Actually the middle numbers will make a difference on how the stick feels during the transitions of points in those curves between the minimum and maximum pitch. The more linear the more smooth it will be and is why most instead choose to forgo adjusting pitch for a micro cp on the pitch curve and instead leave it linear and adjust pitch end points with travel adjust.

On a properly setup CP heli 0 pitch should be 50% pitch curve ( or 0 on -100 to +100 radios) and 50% stick, anything else is incorrect for a CP heli and you might as well start off right

To get an -11 with 0 pitch at 45% (midstick) and +11 pitch with a curve that starts at 25 and ends at 65 they have adjusted the servo arm or pitch links length and/or messing with software. It should be 25 through 75 to have equal degrees of output and 0 pitch at 50%

What I really dont understand is how the two pitch curves 30, 35, 45, 55, 60 (Normal flying) and 25, 35, 45, 55, 65 (Stunt flying) give -2 pitch for 30% and -11 pitch for 25% and 10 pitch at 60% and 11 pitch at 65% between the two modes unless they are messing with travel limits as well on the regular and/or stunt mode.....
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by indoorheli; Jan 07, 2013 at 01:36 AM.
Old Jan 07, 2013, 02:05 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,390 Posts
Did banggood drop the price today or tonight? I had it in my cart with some parts this morning. I couldn't wait so I bought it. I paid 98 bucks for the colored box version with a lot of spares. Landing gear, motors, tail booms, extra lipos, tail rotors, linkages, canopy, main shafts, main gear, feathering shaft, rotor head, and blade grips...wheww...All came up to 139 shipped. I had a 5 dollar off coupon.
Old Jan 07, 2013, 02:47 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,390 Posts
Just found this link online. http://events.rc-fever.com/ . Free spare parts for making a video of this thing flying...lol
Old Jan 07, 2013, 07:01 PM
Joined Oct 2012
889 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
Actually the middle numbers will make a difference on how the stick feels during the transitions of points in those curves between the minimum and maximum pitch. The more linear the more smooth it will be and is why most instead choose to forgo adjusting pitch for a micro cp on the pitch curve and instead leave it linear and adjust pitch end points with travel adjust.

On a properly setup CP heli 0 pitch should be 50% pitch curve ( or 0 on -100 to +100 radios) and 50% stick, anything else is incorrect for a CP heli and you might as well start off right

To get an -11 with 0 pitch at 45% (midstick) and +11 pitch with a curve that starts at 25 and ends at 65 they have adjusted the servo arm or pitch links length and/or messing with software. It should be 25 through 75 to have equal degrees of output and 0 pitch at 50%

What I really dont understand is how the two pitch curves 30, 35, 45, 55, 60 (Normal flying) and 25, 35, 45, 55, 65 (Stunt flying) give -2 pitch for 30% and -11 pitch for 25% and 10 pitch at 60% and 11 pitch at 65% between the two modes unless they are messing with travel limits as well on the regular and/or stunt mode.....
Another thing I've noticed is that if you change say one value on the pitch curve, it seems to change the actual pitch at the other points as well, which is not something I was expecting. So its clear that something has been done in the software on the receiver.
Lentar is offline Find More Posts by Lentar
Old Jan 07, 2013, 07:37 PM
Joined Oct 2012
889 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridge_racer View Post
Did banggood drop the price today or tonight? I had it in my cart with some parts this morning. I couldn't wait so I bought it. I paid 98 bucks for the colored box version with a lot of spares. Landing gear, motors, tail booms, extra lipos, tail rotors, linkages, canopy, main shafts, main gear, feathering shaft, rotor head, and blade grips...wheww...All came up to 139 shipped. I had a 5 dollar off coupon.
Now that is what I call an impressive parts order. Let us know when you get it!
Old Jan 08, 2013, 05:48 AM
Michael Skyartec
Joined Dec 2012
13 Posts
Wireless Training function video

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyartec_michael View Post
@Lentar

Please follow the steps below to set the student-trainer function:
1.Bind the receiver with the Student Transmitter in STD MODE(the Receiver can be bind with transmitter only in STD MODE)
2.Set the Student Transmitter to SLV MODE.
3.Set the Teacher Transmitter to MAS MODE and select AT.( press "EXIT" When AT is flashing to confirm the auto detect setting)
4.Turn off all transmitters & receiver,
5.Turn on the Student Transmitter.
6.Turn on the receiver.
7.Turn on the Teacher Transmitter.
8.The Teacher Transmitter will beep once after successfully bind with the Student Transmitter.
9.Now you may use the student-trainer function without a wire connection between two NASA-701.
10.With the left ear down, the heli will be controlled by the Teacher Transmitter,
And with the left ear up, the heli will be controlled by the Student Transmitter.

Michael
Here I uploaded the video:
Setting Wireless Trainer-Student Function on Skyartec NASA701 (5 min 11 sec)
skyartec_michael is offline Find More Posts by skyartec_michael
Old Jan 08, 2013, 12:52 PM
freexgroup
Joined Feb 2006
392 Posts
now we have offer 1.1 for red light software upgrade

it can let wasp nano cp more stable on red light mode.
skyartec is offline Find More Posts by skyartec
Old Jan 08, 2013, 01:05 PM
Joined May 2012
15 Posts
" I believe the Mini CP landing gear is supposed to fit."

Is there any one measured the dimensions of the land gear?
jimqjp is offline Find More Posts by jimqjp
Old Jan 08, 2013, 03:24 PM
Joined Nov 2010
2,390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentar View Post
Now that is what I call an impressive parts order. Let us know when you get it!
Will do. Very excited about this..

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyartec View Post
now we have offer 1.1 for red light software upgrade

it can let wasp nano cp more stable on red light mode.
How do I upgrade the software? Does the kit include a programming cable for the radio?
Old Jan 08, 2013, 03:33 PM
Trees are bad
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Sep 2012
127 Posts
How do I upgrade the software? Does the kit include a programming cable for the radio?[/QUOTE]

This may or may not be what you want. I haven't seen it included with kits.
http://www.skyartec.com/ProductShow.asp?ArticleID=1694
Stevez1kart is offline Find More Posts by Stevez1kart
Old Jan 08, 2013, 03:54 PM
Trees are bad
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Sep 2012
127 Posts
Ok I think the above post is incorrect. Look at this instead.
http://www.skyartec.com/ProductShow.asp?ArticleID=1879
Stevez1kart is offline Find More Posts by Stevez1kart
Old Jan 08, 2013, 06:09 PM
Joined Nov 2010
2,390 Posts
Looks like a SIM cable..?
Old Jan 08, 2013, 11:10 PM
Joined Oct 2012
889 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridge_racer View Post
Looks like a SIM cable..?
Yes this is the SIM cable which you need to use with the NASA-701 transmitter. The cables used with the older transmitters don't seem to work. The 8 in 1, 12 in 1 types of sim cable-USB dongles that you may have seen on the internet and eBay also do not work, since they do not have the 5 point DIN plug which Skyartec uses.

I've actually ordered one for myself (has not arrived as yet)
Old Jan 08, 2013, 11:20 PM
Joined Nov 2010
2,390 Posts
So firmware updates are accomplished with this cable as well?