SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
View Poll Results: As a Wasp Nano CP owner, would you consider getting the Wasp X3V as well?
Yes 19 45.24%
No 8 19.05%
Not sure or don't know 15 35.71%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 01, 2013, 11:50 AM
Trees are bad
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Sep 2012
127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentar View Post
If you do get it, please let us know, we need more users!
What heli have you been flying?

Currently consider myself a V911 addict along with flying electric planes. While the Wasp Nano would probably be at the top of my list I need to do more study before I jump into CP. Many thanks go out to those willling to take a leap and give others some guidance on new products.
Stevez1kart is offline Find More Posts by Stevez1kart
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 01, 2013, 11:57 AM
Joined Oct 2012
802 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevez1kart View Post
Currently consider myself a V911 addict along with flying electric planes. While the Wasp Nano would probably be at the top of my list I need to do more study before I jump into CP. Many thanks go out to those willling to take a leap and give others some guidance on new products.
I have to tell you that once it was up in the air (in the 'beginner mode'), it was easier to control than a v911 flying at single rates using the stock v911 transmitter (no resistor mods or anything on the transmitter). The only difficulty seems to be to get it up smoothly.
Lentar is online now Find More Posts by Lentar
Old Jan 01, 2013, 12:27 PM
Trees are bad
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Sep 2012
127 Posts
Lentar, I posted a link on the V922 page as I'm sure there are others that are still on the fence who would be interested in your review.
One of the hurdles for me is I fly with a er9x TX and it appears most of the mini CP's are coming with transmitters that I would consider a big a step backwards.
Last edited by Stevez1kart; Jan 01, 2013 at 12:32 PM.
Old Jan 01, 2013, 02:22 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jun 2012
968 Posts
Hi Steve. Im pretty much in the same boat as you, v911 & fixed wing addict, I have a 9x radio, been looking into/thinking about a CP heli for a while & waiting for a little more feedback on this one, although Lentars comments sound very promising .
Regarding the v922, not sure if you are aware there is a hisky HT8 module/adapter that plugs into the trainer port which lets you fly the v922 with another tx, the downside is the channel order is not compatible with the stock 9x, I am not running er9x but I believe there is a user who managed to get er9x, ht8 module & turnigy fbl100 working together.
limmacslim is online now Find More Posts by limmacslim
Old Jan 01, 2013, 03:01 PM
Trees are bad
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Sep 2012
127 Posts
limmacslim, I've seen the HT8 module but I hadn't seen much about it being sccessfully used with the er9x. Also for this to be a good option you would have to be able to buy all the v922 RTF pieces less TX and the HT8 module for around 100$US shipped. I also not crazy about having the module and a couple of wires hanging off the back of my beloved 9x. I also think the Wasp has a much nicer servo setup. However at this point all options are still on the table.

BTW going er programing is definately worth the trouble if your willing to put some effort into it. I think I spent less than 10$ to make the change. This is how I learned how to do mine
er9x Turnigy Flash Radio Control Upgrade from beginning to end! Firmware soldering eePe etc (20 min 18 sec)

Sorry to be a little off topic.
Old Jan 01, 2013, 04:39 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jun 2012
968 Posts
Steve, I totally agree about the HT8 being a cumbersome affair. It was something i skimmed over in the 9x forums http://9xforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=2265
Reading it again I see he has a sky9x board, not too sure if that makes a difference & its an even more messy setup than I first thought but he did apparently get it working.

Thanks for the link, I did intend on moving over to er9x at some point soon, I have been reasonably happy so far with the stock firmware & im quite new to it all so it was more a case of user friendliness as I hear it can get complicated. I did browse through the user manual & it didnt seem that bad to me.

Back on topic, I am going to order one of these two heli's. I am a wltoys fan but seriously swaying towards the nano cp over the v922 due to the programmable tx, it looks to be more stable, beginner friendly & there are youtube videos cropping up of it performing 3D moves quite convincingly. Parts also look available & cheap .
The channel outputs are the same order on the skyartec stuff as the flysky gear, maybe there is a chance the rf unit can be removed from the stock radio & run in the 9x.

I dont suppose anyone from skyartec could confirm if the protocol used is proprietary or if it is compatible with any other manufacturers radio gear, like flysky or frsky?
limmacslim is online now Find More Posts by limmacslim
Old Jan 02, 2013, 10:10 AM
Michael Skyartec
Joined Dec 2012
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyartec View Post
tomorrow,I try to make a video to show it.
Here is the video of default Pitch setting of WASP nano CP,
It's -2~+10 degrees at normal flight mode(30%,35%,45%,55%,60%)
-11~0~+11 degrees at stunt flight mode(25%,35%,45%,55%,65%)
For more detail please refer to page 10 of the WASP nano CP Manual:

The pitch default setting of WASP nano CP (0 min 47 sec)

Michael
skyartec_michael is offline Find More Posts by skyartec_michael
Last edited by skyartec_michael; Jan 02, 2013 at 10:27 AM. Reason: Hide the download URL
Old Jan 02, 2013, 05:51 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2010
2,318 Posts
What vendors online have this heli available including parts?
ridge_racer is online now Find More Posts by ridge_racer
Old Jan 02, 2013, 06:02 PM
Joined Oct 2012
802 Posts
@ Skyartec_micheal

Today I did not have a very good flight. When I finished, I noted that the left ear was partially up. Could this have caused abnormal flight behavior or not?
Old Jan 02, 2013, 07:05 PM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
4,960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyartec_michael View Post
It's -2~+10 degrees at normal flight mode(30%,35%,45%,55%,60%)

-11~0~+11 degrees at stunt flight mode (25%,35%,45%,55%,65%)
Just to confirm, to get 0 degrees, pitch = 45%?
FyreSG is online now Find More Posts by FyreSG
Old Jan 02, 2013, 07:11 PM
Trees are bad
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Sep 2012
127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridge_racer View Post
What vendors online have this heli available including parts?
Banggood for one, RTF with and without case on next page. http://www.banggood.com/buy/wasp.html

Miracle Mart also with free shipping but looks like currently out of stock.
http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/in...oducts_id=9869
Old Jan 03, 2013, 02:07 AM
Joined Oct 2012
802 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG View Post
Just to confirm, to get 0 degrees, pitch = 45%?
Yes, setting a value of 45 on the pitch curve in the transmitter gives zero pitch. Please also answer this about the v922:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...4&postcount=15
Old Jan 03, 2013, 02:35 AM
Joined Apr 2012
4,960 Posts
Quote:
If we compare the v922:

1. What kind of pitch does the v922 have at mid-throttle on the normal flying setting?

2. How 'easy' is it to get it into the air? Does it allow a slow lift-off?
Why don't you post your question in the appropriate thread? That is, V922 questions in one of the V922 threads? Nevertheless, here goes.

1. Please refer to my review. It is written there in full detail. In a nutshell - Normal Mode +1 degrees, Idle-Up 0 degrees.

2. To my knowledge, flybarless systems do not like a slow lift off. The ground effect will cause instability and an inexperienced pilot is more likely to crash in that zone. It is advisable to get out of the ground effect zone as quickly as possible. For the V922, at Normal Mode, quick lift off is at 70% to 75% throttle but stable hover in the air is around 65%.
Old Jan 03, 2013, 02:40 AM
Joined Apr 2012
4,960 Posts
Quote:
Yes, setting a value of 45 on the pitch curve in the transmitter gives zero pitch.
This is strange because (typically) the pitch values are in the range of 0 to 100 (percent?) and so, throttle at minimum point is 0%, full throttle is 100%, so mid stick = 100 / 2 = 50%.

What is the reason behind shifting the mid point to 45%? To give a larger positive pitch range?

Maybe this is different in the world of micro CP helicopters. The larger birds that I configured are not like that.
Old Jan 03, 2013, 10:18 AM
Michael Skyartec
Joined Dec 2012
13 Posts
Quote:
@ Skyartec_micheal

Today I did not have a very good flight. When I finished, I noted that the left ear was partially up. Could this have caused abnormal flight behavior or not?
The left & right ear were disabled in Heli Mode,
The left ear only use in Master Mode to switch heli to be controlled by master or student,

The right ear only use for Flaperon Mixing Switch in airplane mode,
For more information please refer to WASP NANO CP_manual
skyartec_michael is offline Find More Posts by skyartec_michael