to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 26, 2013, 04:02 PM
Joined Mar 2008
510 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by larrylwill View Post
Has anybody bought and tried the new KEY CHAIN CAM 808 #20
Sorry no !

But i have tried the old 808 #11 KEY CHAIN CAM on my SYMA X1 and took her to 100 foot Altitude in my back yard . I found it a bit (Scary)

Hope you like this Youtube vid of my SYMA X1 with a 808 KEY CHAIN CAM on board larrylwill

X1 over yatton.My back yard flight (FPV) First Person View. HD (raw footage) No editing.. (2 min 13 sec)
richos is offline Find More Posts by richos
Old Feb 26, 2013, 08:13 PM
Joined Feb 2013
19 Posts
@Richos

I like it. Your yaw turns could be a little slower.
ChefCrash1 is offline Find More Posts by ChefCrash1
Old Feb 26, 2013, 09:12 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,162 Posts
No Joke

In case you haven't seen the 10% off April's Fool Sale:

WL Toys V969

Use Code: 401FUN for 10% off at check out.
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Feb 26, 2013, 10:34 PM
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Jun 2012
554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
In case you haven't seen the 10% off April's Fool Sale:

WL Toys V969

Use Code: 401FUN for 10% off at check out.
Oh that's tempting. Good catch on that.
variantman is offline Find More Posts by variantman
Old Feb 27, 2013, 12:37 AM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,162 Posts
On a Lighter Side of things ...

Check out this durable Single Rotor Helicopter. I haven't seen it in another post.
  • Looks great.
  • Long lasting.
  • Low maintenance.
  • Suitable of all ages.
  • Free shipping.
  • Available from a US warehouse.

Linky

Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Last edited by Heli Pad; Feb 27, 2013 at 12:52 AM.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 01:02 AM
Bad command or file name
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Jan 2013
357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
Check out this durable Single Rotor Helicopter. I haven't seen it in another post.
  • Looks great.
  • Long lasting.
  • Low maintenance.
  • Suitable of all ages.
  • Free shipping.
  • Available from a US warehouse.

Linky

That's cool
Imageek2 is offline Find More Posts by Imageek2
Old Feb 27, 2013, 08:11 AM
Autopilot no control
United States, FL, Fort Lauderdale
Joined Feb 2013
254 Posts
I think I will get 2 v949 so my girlfriend and I have the same quads again (and spend a week reading the plethora of pages about it). Then I can give my girl's x1 with broken frame to my brother so he can repair his x1 and have spares. But not before I temp fix her quad to fly while I wait for shipping! I will make sure to keep it under 500 ft when it is windy this time...
Highly Grounded is offline Find More Posts by Highly Grounded
Old Feb 27, 2013, 12:45 PM
Can we lift the embargo?
menands flats, NY
Joined Dec 2006
1,603 Posts
So I have the X-1 in the mail (scheduled to arrive today ) and of course I bought a couple extra batterys from Hobbyking.....

Turnigy nano-tech 600mah 1S 35~70C Lipo Pack (Fits Nine Eagles Solo Pro 328, Eflite MQX, 120SR)

and the

Turnigy nano-tech 300mah 1S 35~70C Lipo Pack (Fits Nine Eagles Solo-Pro 100)

I know that for the 300mah one I'll have to hook up a jst connector. Is that it???
I thought I remember reading a polarity change??
kenstogie is online now Find More Posts by kenstogie
Old Feb 27, 2013, 01:18 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
8,869 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenstogie View Post
So I have the X-1 in the mail (scheduled to arrive today ) and of course I bought a couple extra batterys from Hobbyking.....

Turnigy nano-tech 600mah 1S 35~70C Lipo Pack (Fits Nine Eagles Solo Pro 328, Eflite MQX, 120SR)

and the

Turnigy nano-tech 300mah 1S 35~70C Lipo Pack (Fits Nine Eagles Solo-Pro 100)

I know that for the 300mah one I'll have to hook up a jst connector. Is that it???
on all the batteries I ever bought, red was + and black was - ... so the stuff about the polarity change doesnt really matter, does it?? You just connect the JST plug so that the red on the battery matches the red on the X1 and the black the black. If you (would) have to do a polarity change, youŽll do that automatically by matching the colors.
Or am I missing something??
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014
Old Feb 27, 2013, 01:31 PM
Can we lift the embargo?
menands flats, NY
Joined Dec 2006
1,603 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
on all the batteries I ever bought, red was + and black was - ... so the stuff about the polarity change doesnt really matter, does it?? You just connect the JST plug so that the red on the battery matches the red on the X1 and the black the black. If you (would) have to do a polarity change, youŽll do that automatically by matching the colors.
RIght black goes with black etc etc but if for some reason syma hooked up the jst connecter on the X1 side half assed backwards then the polarity would be messed up. Like for example if they connected the neg X-1 connection to what is regularly the positive connection on the jst connector. It's what I thought I read somwhere.
kenstogie is online now Find More Posts by kenstogie
Old Feb 27, 2013, 01:42 PM
Joined Mar 2009
8,869 Posts
Quote:
RIght black goes with black etc etc but if for some reason syma hooked up the jst connecter on the X1 side half assed backwards then the polarity would be messed up. Like for example if they connected the neg X-1 connection to what is regularly the positive connection on the jst connector. It's what I thought I read somwhere.
Again, I am NOT talking about sides on a plug (as they are ultimately completely irrelevant) I am talking about the colors of the wires. You would only have a problem if Syma would connect the red wire to the - contact on the pcb. As long as they adhere to the black/red standard, your polarity will be automatically right.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 27, 2013, 02:03 PM
Micro Menace
Joined Aug 2012
491 Posts
Quote:

Turnigy nano-tech 600mah 1S 35~70C Lipo Pack (Fits Nine Eagles Solo Pro 328, Eflite MQX, 120SR) and the URL="http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=20384"]Turnigy nano-tech 300mah 1S 35~70C Lipo Pack (Fits Nine Eagles Solo-Pro 100)[/URL]

Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
The polarity issue with the Nano tech effects some of the smaller battery with the micro losi conector. The way the connector is wired is the opposite of the 939, Hubsan, Walkera, etc. I believe it mates with Solo Pro. So if you were keeping that connector (for a 939 let's say) then you would have to swap the two wires. Since you're going to cut the wires and splice on a JST connector then, as Erdnuckel2 said, it doesn't matter. Just connect red to red and black to black.

I just checked my 260 mah 35-70c nano-tech batteries and the connector is wired the opposite as that one.
Budasac is online now Find More Posts by Budasac
Old Feb 27, 2013, 11:23 PM
Joined Feb 2007
3,657 Posts
Slightly off topic but is there a full size four channel rx that will work with the syma or wltoys tx?
tymbrewolf is offline Find More Posts by tymbrewolf
Old Feb 28, 2013, 12:14 AM
Joined Mar 2009
8,869 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tymbrewolf View Post
Slightly off topic but is there a full size four channel rx that will work with the syma or wltoys tx?
Isnt that exactly the reverse logic of asking which fullsize TX can I use for them??
And if thats the case, then this means certain type FlySky, CopterX or "old" Turnigy ...
And I am pretty sure there is a 4ch RX for those available ...
RCG Plus Member