HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 02, 2013, 08:15 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
5,821 Posts
4.26v. I fold. I'm discharging my cell. There is a small air bubble in the cell that was not there before.
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 02, 2013, 08:15 PM
All thrust, no vector!
Valdosta Ga.
Joined Jun 2008
25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
4.23v now, I hate to go on. But since you said 4.25, I'd push a bit more.
Meh, what's the worst that could happen?
gyokeres is offline Find More Posts by gyokeres
Old Jan 02, 2013, 08:19 PM
All thrust, no vector!
Valdosta Ga.
Joined Jun 2008
25 Posts
So do I keep considering myself lucky? I'll be using an ammo can and a keen eye, but nothing succeeds like success and my batteries haven't killed me yet, so SOMETHING is cutting this cycle.

What do you want me to crack open and take pics of first? The charger or the cap on my battery?

I'm crazy like that. I'll do it just for fun.
Old Jan 02, 2013, 08:23 PM
All thrust, no vector!
Valdosta Ga.
Joined Jun 2008
25 Posts
here is a small air bubble in the cell that was not there before.

Damn, now I have guilt. So what you are saying is I'm a lucky fool for thinking 4.25v is perfectly ok?
Old Jan 02, 2013, 08:25 PM
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
5,512 Posts
Actually, if you have a multimeter. Measure your LiPO after the charging light cuts out.

I'd be curious to see what if cuts off at.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Jan 02, 2013, 08:29 PM
All thrust, no vector!
Valdosta Ga.
Joined Jun 2008
25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
Actually, if you have a multimeter. Measure your LiPO after the charging light cuts out.

I'd be curious to see what if cuts off at.
Will do.

Sounds like a call to go flying to me.
Old Jan 02, 2013, 09:55 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,298 Posts
I tested my V929 and my X1 back to back. The V929's attitude response to aile and elev is significantly faster than the X1. I tested:

V929 : 0 expo, 75% D/R ( so I don't autoflip). When I banged the stick back and forth the quad rocked back and forth very quickly and I was able to get pretty good tilt between oscillations.

X1 : 0 expo, 125% D/R. When I banged the stick back and forth at the same speed, this quad moved significantly slower in response and didn't tilt much at all between oscillations.

The V929 is much twitchier than the X1. The X1 in comparison is smoooth. I was flying it around in tight little figure 8s that would probably be too much for my skill level with my V929 right now. I think that this is okay. I'd like to have a quad that I can bury the stick at 125% elev outdoors and have it tear up the sky without wobbling. The V929 can be my acrobatic quad since I fly with my T9x and thus don't have a "flip" button to use on a V949 for instance.
RoboHeli is online now Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 02, 2013, 11:21 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,298 Posts
Daryoon, would you mind sending along your er9x settings for the X1? I'd like to test what you're using. Mind you, I'm only able to fly indoors in my studio right now which really isn't that big. I think the X1 needs more room to really show its true colors.
RoboHeli is online now Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 03, 2013, 12:55 AM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Dec 2010
513 Posts
Syma x1 living room flips (0 min 24 sec)

I love this thing! It flies better than most of my brushless scratchbuilds. I can't seem to get it bind to my ER9x T9X though. Does it use the stock channel order AETR?

Edit: Never mind I got it to bind with the T9X. All I needed to do was turn the radio off and on again to take it out of bind mode. I knew it was something simple.
slim1357 is offline Find More Posts by slim1357
Last edited by slim1357; Jan 03, 2013 at 02:11 AM. Reason: DOH!
Old Jan 03, 2013, 01:41 AM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Dec 2010
513 Posts
Attached the FPV gear. I got it from the classifieds here but I'm pretty sure it's this camera, transmitter and receiver from fpv hobby. I used Instamorph plastic to put a jelly lens wide angle over the stock camera lens. It degrades the image quality a bit but I feel it's worth the trade off.

I wish this quad had more cyclic authority. Hopefully someone smarter and more motivated than me will figure it out.

Oh yeah, anyone know if these are the same props as the MQX?
slim1357 is offline Find More Posts by slim1357
Old Jan 03, 2013, 01:50 AM
Joined Aug 2011
5,821 Posts
These props are definitely not the same as the mQx. I have removed one of the props to see. First of all the retain screw is accessed from the top down the middle. Once you removed the screw, and take off the prop (or just look at a spare) you would notice that the hole around the shaft is hexagonal, instead of round. By that alone, it is not the same as the mQx, V949, etc.

However, what I haven't quite determined is that if a mQx blade could not be fitted on to the hex shape shaft connector (part X1-16, see post #2). It still might work.
Old Jan 03, 2013, 09:55 AM
United States, TX, Wilbarger
Joined Apr 2012
1,862 Posts
I fitted a prop to my S033g tail motor by taking an allen wrench the right size, heating it, then pushing it into the slightly smaller drilled hole to make it a hex shaped hole. It might work for the rotors on these quads, depending on the hole sizes.
siriusflier is online now Find More Posts by siriusflier
Old Jan 03, 2013, 11:47 AM
Joined Aug 2011
5,821 Posts
X1 Rotors

As I said earlier, the X1 rotors has a hexagonal hole to the shaft.

I finally took one out and see if I could fit a V949 blade over. The answer is NO. At least not without modifications.

The dimension, shape and even weight of the rotors are a match, except for how the shaft hole was fabricated and how it is locked to the shaft. Even the outside diameter of the rotor down rod matches. But the Hexagonal hole is larger and the round hole is smaller. As it is, they are not an interchangeable drop in replacement.

Can the round hole be drilled and Allen wrench heated as suggested by Sirius? Possibly, but I'm not sure if I could keep the center and avoid vibrations. Alternately, you could try rounding out the X1 shaft connector. Conversely, could I fit the X1 blades onto the V949? Sure, but again locking it down and keeping it center might be a bit tricky.

As both replacement blades are readily available and equally inexpensive. It's a moot point, unless you are desperate for replacement parts.
Old Jan 03, 2013, 04:05 PM
rather fly, but this'll do
Portland, OR
Joined Feb 2008
782 Posts
Ordered one last night and looking forward to joining the ranks of the cheap-ass quad community!

I've got a bunch of 300mah nanotechs I use with my mcpx. Anyone try a battery this size on the X1?
krefi is offline Find More Posts by krefi
Last edited by krefi; Jan 03, 2013 at 04:17 PM.
Old Jan 03, 2013, 04:40 PM
Joined Aug 2011
5,821 Posts
Hey, Cheap what? Speak for yourself!

I would imagine that the 300mAh would be a good match. Just need to change the x1 battery connector or add adapter.