HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 09, 2013, 11:12 PM
Registered Quadcopter Abuser
United States, TN, Shelbyville
Joined Feb 2013
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Head View Post
mode on the screen refers to dual rates not real mode one and two. If the throttle is on the left you have a mode 2 controller.
Hello everyone, I'm kinda new here, but i love my X1! I'm waiting on parts to come in now so i can fix it and fly it some more. I had just told me flying buddies the day before the the x1 was "In de structible" (3 words!). As it turns out, it's not In de structible, it's only crash proof. A 2-liter bottle of Diet Pepsi carreening and probly flipping across the back of my Jeep then smashin down on the lil copter, on a fast left turn will wreck a gear shaft. In relation to the above post: On my Tx it shows an H or an L on the screen for Hi and Low rates that are changed by the left bumper button. The Mode 1 or Mode 2 on the screen refers to which mode u have the tx in. When it says Mode 1 on the screen it's actually in mode 2 as we know it whereas the left stick is throttle and rudder and the right stick is ail. and ele. or cyclic in copter speak. If u turn the Tx off, and hold the aileron trim button to the right (or right cyclic trim) when u turn it back on it will toggle it to Mode 2 on the screen. This is not, however, what we know as a traditional mode 2 opperation as this was allready covered with mode 1 on the screen. When it says mode 2 on the screen it's actually what i think they call mode 4, whereas the left stick is throttle and aileron and the right stick is elevator and rudder. Everyone I know flys mode 2 (Mode 1 on X1 controller) and i can't see any reason to do it any other way. From what i understand a lot of
"Europeans" fly mode 1, which makes no sense to me, but that's thier deal. I have no idea who fly's mode 4 (Syma Mode 2). The only thing i can imagine is that it makes it easier for people who have learned to fly 3Ch helis, like the Syma S107, to make the transition to 4Ch control, but IMHO it just teaches them to fly wrong. Idk, lol, that's my take on it.
Cheers! Happy landings!
jeepokee95xj is offline Find More Posts by jeepokee95xj
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 09, 2013, 11:35 PM
United States, MA, Plymouth
Joined Jan 2013
1,305 Posts
"Mode" on the tx screen refers to flight mode, or the dual rates. It has nothing to do with the control configuration. Mode 1 is low rate, Mode 2 is high rate.
Arr0wHead is offline Find More Posts by Arr0wHead
Old Feb 10, 2013, 12:13 AM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,497 Posts
That's not quite true, ArrowHead. In the context of this X1 model, it has high rate, low rate, mode 1, and mode 2. High rate and low rate is self explanatory. Mode 1 in X1 context means right stick controls the aileron and left stick controls rudder. Mode 2 is the reverse, rudder is controlled by right stick, and aileron by left stick. These are all in X1 context.

In the general RC terminology, X1's mode 1, is Mode 2 flying; and its mode 2 is Mode 4 flying. At any rate, modes has nothing to do with rates.

In the X1 Tx display, it actually has "L" for low rate, "H" for high rate, "MODE 1" and "MODE 2".
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Feb 10, 2013, 12:21 AM
Registered Quadcopter Abuser
United States, TN, Shelbyville
Joined Feb 2013
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
That's not quite true, ArrowHead. In the context of this X1 model, it has high rate, low rate, mode 1, and mode 2. High rate and low rate is self explanatory. Mode 1 in X1 context means right stick controls the aileron and left stick controls rudder. Mode 2 is the reverse, rudder is controlled by right stick, and aileron by left stick. These are all in X1 context.

In the general RC terminology, X1's mode 1, is Mode 2 flying; and its mode 2 is Mode 4 flying. At any rate, modes has nothing to do with rates.

In the X1 Tx display, it actually has "L" for low rate, "H" for high rate, "MODE 1" and "MODE 2".
Dang... Aint that what i said? lmao. His Tx must be diff. from mine and yours
jeepokee95xj is offline Find More Posts by jeepokee95xj
Old Feb 10, 2013, 01:00 AM
Joined Aug 2011
6,497 Posts
It's okay. At my age, I get mixed up all the time. It could be just a simple slip or a senior moment. And don't forget, there ARE different versions of X1 Rx/Tx out there. I might only be representing the current version.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 01:43 AM
Joined Jan 2013
1,305 Posts
You are correct. I fly my x1 with a 939 tx, and assumed it was the same confusion people have with all of these generic toy controllers that display mode1/2 for the rates.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 01:47 AM
Joined Aug 2011
6,497 Posts
I see. I don't have a V939. I could see where the confusion came from now.

Another late night, Arrow? I hope that you're not buried in snow. Have a great Sunday.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 04:19 AM
Los Angeles, CA
Joined Jan 2011
340 Posts
I understand it's possible to bind my turnigy 9x tx to the x1- I have a Fsky DJT module set up-I don't suppose the x1 will bind to the Frsky module in the 9x will it or is it a completely different protocol? Thanks in advance
TheSelf is offline Find More Posts by TheSelf
Old Feb 10, 2013, 09:31 AM
Joined Aug 2011
6,497 Posts
You need a FlySky module to bind to the X1.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 09:46 AM
Canada, ON, Merrickville-Wolford
Joined Jun 2012
835 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by --Oz-- View Post
Does the 929 use the PCB antenna?
Just found that I do have a pic of the 929TX Antenna. This is what's inside the plastic "antenna" on the top of the TX.

cheers,
Andrew
Banjo5 is offline Find More Posts by Banjo5
Old Feb 10, 2013, 10:21 AM
Joined Jan 2013
1,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
I see. I don't have a V939. I could see where the confusion came from now.

Another late night, Arrow? I hope that you're not buried in snow. Have a great Sunday.
We just got power back last night, most people are still without. Thanks for asking, I'm so happy to have heat again.

They're all late nights here - I live on a strange schedule.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 07:16 PM
rather fly, but this'll do
Portland, OR
Joined Feb 2008
784 Posts
In the confines of the back yard....
RC TIE Fighter (1 min 40 sec)
krefi is offline Find More Posts by krefi
Old Feb 10, 2013, 07:28 PM
Joined Nov 2004
150 Posts
So with the standard x1 trans. I'm better off learning to fly in mode 1 as it appears on the transmitter because it will help me transistion to other helos, correct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepokee95xj View Post
Dang... Aint that what i said? lmao. His Tx must be diff. from mine and yours
ronrc is offline Find More Posts by ronrc
Old Feb 10, 2013, 07:31 PM
Joined Nov 2004
150 Posts
It looks so heavy I thought it was a joke at first but it flys well.

Nice flying in such a small space. Maybe someday me I can do that..

Quote:
Originally Posted by krefi View Post
In the confines of the back yard....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK9cfXNGQ8w
ronrc is offline Find More Posts by ronrc
Old Feb 10, 2013, 07:53 PM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,544 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by krefi View Post
In the confines of the back yard....