SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 08, 2013, 08:03 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,744 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmzim View Post
Anybody have any experience good or bad with this charger???
http://www.xheli.com/skychb6durcc.html
I don't have direct experience with this charger. But I have its twin. These are all B6AC clones. They all have the same UI and features. But my data port pumps out data that was not recognizable by anything I've tried. This one gives you all the right cables and software. So, it is much better supported than mine. I think you would happy with it.

The charger that I posted just above yours, is another one just like that. But it has less cables, and support. But it is also cheaper. You have your choices.
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 08, 2013, 08:18 PM
Hubsan X4 - H36 - V911
Indonesia, Jakarta
Joined Oct 2012
1,162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shauntot View Post
Just flew my x1 last night just getting used to FFF on the little bugger. Battery was the hobbyking 600mah nanotech. When I landed the batt was at 3.2v. Flew for approx 22 mins. I don't know how that came about but that's what the stopwatch on my iphone said very happy with this little thing
22 mins? Wow, that's very long flight time.
bangkomit is offline Find More Posts by bangkomit
Old Feb 08, 2013, 08:50 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6,744 Posts
Check out these batteries

Now here are a couple of batteries that I'm excited about:

1) Turnigy Nano-Tech 300mAh 1S 45C High Discharge Lipo (mCPx plug)

2) Turnigy Nano-Tech 300mAh 1S 45C High Discharge Lipo (Solo Pro 100)

Why am I excited about these? Unlike the 600mAh batteries, these are light. Therefore, your quad doesn't have to work nearly as hard. 45C will give much better punch.

These two are basically the same, just different plugs, neither of which will work directly with the X1. You would have to make some modifications. They are both 300mAh. If the stock 350mAh gives 8+ mins, and 600mAh gives 12 mins, I would estimate about 6-7 mins from these, which is plenty for me, as I would like to bring my X1 in for a break and battery change at that time.

These have been highly recommended in the Nano Quad forums. I have just placed an order for the 2nd style myself. I thought I'd just share that with you.
Old Feb 08, 2013, 08:52 PM
Joined Aug 2005
412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bangkomit View Post
22 mins? Wow, that's very long flight time.
Yeah, I was surprised myself as I was expecting just 14 mins but I just flew the darn thing until the power wasn't there and it couldn't take off anymore. When I plugged the batt into my charger (not the usb one) and it said the initial charge was 3.2.

Anyhow, I only get like 50ft range out of this thing. Is there any mods to the stock antenna either on the board or on the tx to get this thing a wee bit farther? The antenna on mine (on the board), I pointed downwards btw. Haven't tested it yet pointing sideways (parallel to the board). I'll see if that improves my range..batts charging right now
shauntot is offline Find More Posts by shauntot
Old Feb 08, 2013, 08:53 PM
Re-Kitting Expert :o
Bullhead City, Arizona
Joined Jan 2005
1,689 Posts
I have some batteries with the same connector as the 2nd photo. If you trim off the small tabs on the sides, it will slide into the red JST/BEC connector on the quad. Just be sure to put a black mark on the negative side to help you remember not to plug it in backwards!
GorillaBob is offline Find More Posts by GorillaBob
Old Feb 08, 2013, 08:56 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6,744 Posts
Bob, what capacities are these batteries, and did you try them on the X1? How was it?
Old Feb 08, 2013, 09:10 PM
United States
Joined Mar 2006
2,183 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
Now here are a couple of batteries that I'm excited about:

Why am I excited about these? Unlike the 600mAh batteries, these are light. Therefore, your quad doesn't have to work nearly as hard. 45C will give much better punch.

These two are basically the same, just different plugs, neither of which will work directly with the X1. You would have to make some modifications. They are both 300mAh. If the stock 350mAh gives 8+ mins, and 600mAh gives 12 mins, I would estimate about 6-7 mins from these, which is plenty for me, as I would like to bring my X1 in for a break and battery change at that time.

These have been highly recommended in the Nano Quad forums. I have just placed an order for the 2nd style myself. I thought I'd just share that with you.
I have not noticed any more punch out of the Tiger 600mA, Nano 600mA, Nano 750ma over the stock battery. My stock battery charges to 400-420mA every time on my iMax B8 charger (charging at 400mA). I did a quick calculation I discharge my batteries as light as 2.3A when I started flying and now as high as 4.2A average (350mA x 12 (5 minutes)). So 45C (at 300mA) is 13.5A, quite a bit over what is needed IMO, but it cant hurt and most times it makes the battery last longer life cycles.

As has been mentioned, the 2nd battery does fit the X1 plug, but it's a bit tight, and a lot better than the first battery connector.
--Oz-- is online now Find More Posts by --Oz--
Old Feb 08, 2013, 10:08 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6,744 Posts
Well, I don't usually take marketing claims as facts. So, whether these 45C will deliver more punch is remained to be seen. All I'm saying is that at about $2.5 a piece, 300mAh, light weight, high discharge (claim) sounds promising.

I have just put in an order last night. There is no telling when I will get them. Will definitely report back when I do. But some of you might not want to wait all that time and order some yourself.

I think getting the Nine Eagles plug to JST shouldn't be difficult. That's why I opted for it. But the 1st style is not difficult either. If you see mCPx in your future, that's even better. Just walk into a LHS and get a mCPx battery lead cable, solder that onto the X1 board and you could have mCPx battery at stock battery both. Piece of cake.

I'm really hoping that this 45C translates to flat discharge curves. We'll see.
Old Feb 08, 2013, 11:13 PM
Re-Kitting Expert :o
Bullhead City, Arizona
Joined Jan 2005
1,689 Posts
They are 100 & 200 mah. Haven't used them on the quad. We use them on our indoor flyers. I do have 600 Mah packs that we sell for the X1 but we can't come close to Banggood and Hobby King's prices. We can't even buy the X1's by the case for the price they are being sold for on Amazon!
GorillaBob is offline Find More Posts by GorillaBob
Old Feb 08, 2013, 11:43 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6,744 Posts
Bob, you're are a dealer, then?

I have tried 150-180mAh on the X1. They flew fine for about 4.5 mins. However, they must pump lots of current to keep up with the 4 motors. Therefore, at the end of the flight, these smaller batteries get hot! I won't recommend using such small batteries (even though they are light weight, and 4.5 mins is decent). So, my next step is to try something in the 240-300 range.
Old Feb 09, 2013, 03:28 AM
Joined Jan 2013
37 Posts
using these batteries... Love them...

http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...QX_120SR_.html

Globel is offline Find More Posts by Globel
Old Feb 09, 2013, 04:26 AM
Los Angeles, CA
Joined Jan 2011
340 Posts
Quote:
Getting the range of the 9x is on thing, putting the antenna on the X1 to get that is quite another. The T9x radio is so much more than the toy X1 radio. If I were you, I would see about getting the desoldered antenna on the back of the original Flysky module that you removed and plug that into either the 9x or the 9XR. That way, you could fly the X1 and everything that compatible with it, with the proper sticks and all the programming.

The only caveat is that you couldn't flip it, yet. I'm still hoping that one of these days, we could find the way to do that with the 9x.

As for your 2nd comment. There is definitely a deficiency from the right front quadrant. Whether it is a bad motor, gear, shaft or blades. That's the question. I would definitely start with the 2 easy ones. First, I would change the blades. Sometimes the blades could be damaged, bent in a crash and loose lift. Sometimes it is easy to see. Sometimes it is not. But you have a spare and changing it is so simple. I'd start with that one.

If that doesn't fix it for you, I would take an old toothbrush and start cleaning the gears. Sometimes it is hard to spot the debris stuck. So give it a good cleaning. If that doesn't fix it. The noise and the deficiency is coming from the shaft or motor. I could replace them, to at least swap them with another arm to see if the problem transfer, then you know for sure what to fix.
Thanks Heli pad-Good and helpful advice- is there a particular way to get at the motors without forcing or breaking anything?
TheSelf is offline Find More Posts by TheSelf
Old Feb 09, 2013, 05:39 AM
USA, IN, Nineveh
Joined Apr 2002
2,404 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
The unit is vastly less stable with the camera! This becomes more and more true as the juice is sucked out of the battery.

Basically, you are asking for trouble by flying it in any winds with payload.

The exception might be if you stripped down the camera (out of case) and removed 5-10 grams of quad weight by some of the methods mentioned elsewhere.

I only use the cam in winds lighter than 5 MPH and with a fresh battery - and, I try to keep it stable. No tricks!

Here is in about 7 MPH today, and you can see it loses some stability...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vbBYQUE1RQ
craigiri has one that will time travel.
I like this posted video of a blizzard that is going to happen in Feb. 2014.
Blizzard of 2014 - Feb. 8, from the Syma X1 (1 min 2 sec)

Tim
tdearth is offline Find More Posts by tdearth
Old Feb 09, 2013, 06:23 AM
Joined Aug 2005
412 Posts
Just wanted to ask if anybody knows how to increase the range on the x1, any mods to the tx or the board itself that can be done? I'm getting like 50ft of range only. Any help would be much appreciated
shauntot is offline Find More Posts by shauntot
Old Feb 09, 2013, 07:04 AM
Joined Dec 2012
3 Posts
Quote:

The only caveat is that you couldn't flip it, yet. I'm still hoping that one of these days, we could find the way to do that with the 9x.
I don't know if it is helpful or what it would mean for programming a 9x (don't have one yet) but I bound the X1 remote with a WLToys V911 and pressing the flip button causes the heli to do a hard rudder right.
somebodyelse is offline Find More Posts by somebodyelse