Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 01, 2013, 09:41 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,635 Posts
My throttle response on the X1 was really snappy. I liked that. The attitude adjustment just seemed a little sluggish, that's all. Of course, what I should have done was flown my V929 right afterwards (or before???) to calibrate. Maybe I'll do that tomorrow after work and then see the difference.
RoboHeli is offline Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 01, 2013, 11:55 PM
Canada, MB
Joined Feb 2012
505 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
Guys, my X1 has a Red FC board. When looking for replacement parts, I saw a White board and a Green one. What do you all have?

Anyone knows the development history, timeline?
Red
Flying By is offline Find More Posts by Flying By
Old Jan 02, 2013, 08:52 AM
GOT WINGS
United States, TX, Wilbarger
Joined Apr 2012
2,248 Posts
Red board seems to be latest, mine has V5 on it, I assume that is verwsion 5. It also has the +- signs reversed/corrected on two of the motor connection points. From pictures I have seen over the last few months, the white board was first, then the green one, then the red. Last week, looking at parts at symatoys site, they had a picture of a V929 board in thier listing for an X1 replacement board,LOL
siriusflier is online now Find More Posts by siriusflier
Last edited by siriusflier; Jan 02, 2013 at 08:56 AM. Reason: add
Old Jan 02, 2013, 09:21 AM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,635 Posts
I really like how the X1 has an internal clear canopy mounted right over the pcb. That way there is some protection if you knock your stock canopy off or if you want to fly in the nude lol
RoboHeli is offline Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 02, 2013, 10:37 AM
Joined Apr 2012
1 Posts
x1 First flight with #16 camera

I got an X1 for xmas and put a #16 camera on it (wide angle and case removed). I have only flown a syma s107 before so am inexperienced. I thought is was excellent - no problems so far. (excuse the dressing gown)
Good points:
bags of power
responsive
good controller
tough

Issues :
Not as stable for indoor flight as my s107 for 'pin point flying'
Fiddly battery
Looses stability with quick descent, it seams to gyrate a little

My first flight:

flight of the bumblebee (3 min 13 sec)
peeta is offline Find More Posts by peeta
Old Jan 02, 2013, 12:02 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboHeli View Post
I really like how the X1 has an internal clear canopy mounted right over the pcb. That way there is some protection if you knock your stock canopy off or if you want to fly in the nude lol
I don't think so.
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Jan 02, 2013, 12:05 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6,160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusflier View Post
Red board seems to be latest, mine has V5 on it, I assume that is verwsion 5. It also has the +- signs reversed/corrected on two of the motor connection points. From pictures I have seen over the last few months, the white board was first, then the green one, then the red. Last week, looking at parts at symatoys site, they had a picture of a V929 board in thier listing for an X1 replacement board,LOL
Thanks, Sirius. I just recently jumped on the X1 wagon. I have no experience with the White or Green board. I wonder if any of those owners out there could shed some lights on any note worthy differences.

Some sites that sell replacement parts show white board or green board for sale. I wonder if you order, you will actually get that, or whatever is available at the time.
Old Jan 02, 2013, 12:11 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6,160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by peeta View Post
I got an X1 for xmas and put a #16 camera on it (wide angle and case removed). I have only flown a syma s107 before so am inexperienced. I thought is was excellent - no problems so far. (excuse the dressing gown)
Good points:
bags of power
responsive
good controller
tough

Issues :
Not as stable for indoor flight as my s107 for 'pin point flying'
Fiddly battery
Looses stability with quick descent, it seams to gyrate a little
Thanks for sharing that video. #16 works very well on the X1, it seems. In terms of indoor stability, the S107 is hard to beat. But the pay load on the S107 is so small. I imagine that it would have a short flight time. Therefore, I think the X1 is a better platform. Considering that you're new to the X1, I thought it was very very smooth.

Thanks for putting a gown on, esp after Robo's suggestion (I know what he meant). HAHAHA.
Old Jan 02, 2013, 12:11 PM
GOT WINGS
Joined Apr 2012
2,248 Posts
I ordered mine from Banggood, they show green board in picture. I do not have the x1, just ordered board and motors for a build I am attempting. I did put the board on a v929 to try it out. It worked, but the way I had it on there, elevator and aileron were switched on the sticks and I didn't spend much time trying to solve that problem.
Old Jan 02, 2013, 02:19 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,062 Posts
Got what looks like a V5 Syma X1 board from Banggood. ordered on Nov 25th and just arrived at my door.

I noticed on the perimeter, there looks to be positive and negative pads. Does the X1 come with LED lights? I don't recall.

Not sure which was faces forward on the X1 board?

The v929 board has an arrow that denotes the forward direction. As wells as arrows to denote which way the motor and prop should turn. Nice touches.
Daryoon is offline Find More Posts by Daryoon
Last edited by Daryoon; Jan 02, 2013 at 02:54 PM.
Old Jan 02, 2013, 02:53 PM
GOT WINGS
Joined Apr 2012
2,248 Posts
Not sure about lights, but the +- signs are where the motors connect, and on the red board they are in correct orientation. The green resistor goes on the right side with the front facing away from you. Erdnuckel had a picture in a review that helped me determine forward and blade rotation.
Last edited by siriusflier; Jan 02, 2013 at 02:56 PM. Reason: add
Old Jan 02, 2013, 02:54 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,062 Posts
So funny, I didn't even think of that. Was looking too closely I guess. I updated my last post with photos and a question.
Old Jan 02, 2013, 03:01 PM
GOT WINGS
Joined Apr 2012
2,248 Posts
Erdnuckels pictures and review is Post # 114 in Multicopter Mania thread. There are others, but I don't recall where.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=114
I could have it wrong, but the blade on the corner nearest the green resistor should turn clockwise.
Last edited by siriusflier; Jan 02, 2013 at 03:07 PM.
Old Jan 02, 2013, 03:29 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,062 Posts
Perfect. Thanks E2 and siriusflier.

So, white blades are front. Here's what the board should oriented like according to E2.

Antenna on the left side and the green resistor should be the lower, right corner.

Top left - clockwise
Top right - counter clockwise

Lower left - counter clockwise
Lower right - clockwise

Last edited by Daryoon; Jan 02, 2013 at 03:46 PM.
Old Jan 02, 2013, 04:13 PM
GOT WINGS
Joined Apr 2012
2,248 Posts
Daryroon, That is correct, and I just test flew my micro build with the X1 board and motors, so I can confirm that layout works well with the 9x. I still have some work to do to it, but it works
Forward - is blue wire, + is red wire, right side - is black wire, + is white wire, back - is blue wire, + is red wire, left side - is black wire, + is white wire. That is with the x1 motors, and previous x1 boards had two of the -+ signs reversed.
Last edited by siriusflier; Jan 02, 2013 at 04:22 PM.