SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 01, 2013, 02:40 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2012
988 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsam View Post
Thanks, that was nice!

(I marvel at the people who walked by without even glancing at you or the quad, as it flew not far over their heads. What is it with people like that.....a total lack of situational awareness?......a feeling that it would be uncool to show any reaction?.....I've seen the same thing on this side of the pond, too......)

god knows maybe they didnt notice it? AT ALL? i know its quiet but still....
gues the angles make them look closer than they were though? if it was me walking by you wouldnt of been able to stop me staring lol might even of walked into the car lol so yea im just as bad
neobot is offline Find More Posts by neobot
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2013, 02:53 PM
Joined Jan 2013
667 Posts
they have on ebay the 3 x 600mah Nano-Techs @ 16.20
Tboost is offline Find More Posts by Tboost
Old Feb 01, 2013, 02:56 PM
United States, AZ, Yuma
Joined Mar 2009
308 Posts
I'll have to try the screw thing. Though honestly on mine I suspect the problem may be the plug on the battery itself just isn't quite within specs. I suspect this because I have a real hard time getting the stock charging cable on and off as well - and half the time when I try to remove the battery the little clips aren't catching on the battery but I can still barely get it off/on because the connector fits so tight.

Yet somehow I've still managed to eject the battery on hard landings a few times even when it was fully clipped in
jhitesma is online now Find More Posts by jhitesma
Old Feb 01, 2013, 03:09 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,743 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tboost View Post
they have on ebay the 3 x 600mah Nano-Techs @ 16.20
You mean this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/USA-Shipping...item51a74bd2ea

And there is $2 shipping, making it $18+, or $6 a NanoTech!

That's the kind of money I'd spend on Hyperions, not NanoTechs.

And then they have these: 12% off $40. Give me a break!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-Turnigy-Na...item35bac994f9

NanoTechs are $2.60 a cell at HobbyKing when in stock, plus perhaps $3 in shipping for your entire order.
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Feb 01, 2013, 03:20 PM
Joined Jan 2013
9 Posts
@Heli Pad
did you used any resistors for the lights, and how bright are they?
marko87 is offline Find More Posts by marko87
Old Feb 01, 2013, 03:40 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6,743 Posts
They are "pretty" bright to me (that's not very helpful, is it? LOL)

I didn't add any resistors. There is "something" under the heat shrink portion. I don't know if resistors are already added. So, I plugged a battery directly to it. It didn't run hot or anything. So, I just left well enough alone. I have an extra pair and they're cheap. If I messed up, so be it. But I think they are working well. $3 for 4 strips, and I only used 2.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 03:53 PM
Joined Jan 2013
9 Posts
it's helpful
they are very cheap, i think i'm going to order it
I broke my syma, bend one shaft and broke landing gear, probably one propeller is also bent, so I'm waiting replacement parts (I found out that X1 doesn't like to fall out from high height on concrete )... no fun for me almost 15 days

one more question:
how much the range is better with the double horse tx from the 2nd post, and is it better than one for v929?
It's actually two questions
marko87 is offline Find More Posts by marko87
Old Feb 01, 2013, 04:34 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6,743 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marko87 View Post
it's helpful
they are very cheap, i think i'm going to order it
I broke my syma, bend one shaft and broke landing gear, probably one propeller is also bent, so I'm waiting replacement parts (I found out that X1 doesn't like to fall out from high height on concrete )... no fun for me almost 15 days

one more question:
how much the range is better with the double horse tx from the 2nd post, and is it better than one for v929?
It's actually two questions
I'm glad that's helpful LOL

I don't actually have a DH 9116/9117, but from all the discussions in the V911 thread, I figured that there is no issue with compatibility. I can't really comment on the range. There is a guy that lives in my neighborhood and has a 9116. I might call him and do some testing. But I think the most important added value of the DH Tx is the programmable curves. You could set Expo on the DH Tx. And it has better gimbals and resolution. Full size control feel, etc. People primarily get it to tame the sensitive rudder control of the V911. It is a good in-between, if you don't like the stock Tx, and do not want to spring for a 9x. That's why I put it in the Post #2.

Post #2 has a complete list of replacement parts for people to find stuff. The 2nd half of the list is everything that might potentially useful. I've got people asking about lights, batteries, chargers, plugs, Txs, soldering iron, etc. Just a good place to keep all the info, that's all.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:44 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Apr 2011
596 Posts
Debating over getting this or the v949
ITS ME DAVID is offline Find More Posts by ITS ME DAVID
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:24 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6,743 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITS ME DAVID View Post
Debating over getting this or the v949

What are you looking for in your Quad? What's your skill level? What other models do you currently have?
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:26 PM
United States, MA, Plymouth
Joined Jan 2013
1,305 Posts
He's looking for a step between v911 and 6 channel CP. We recommended he try a quad first as a cheap way to get used to the difference in flying.
Arr0wHead is offline Find More Posts by Arr0wHead
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:35 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6,743 Posts
If that's the case, I would recommend Neither. As much as I like the X1 and other quads, I don't think that there is anything they will offer to learn how to fly a CP. Quads offer a different kind of fun.

To train for a CP, you should get familiar with the constant requirement of stick adjustments. These Quads are far too tame for it. A Blade mQx might be an exception.

To train for a CP, get a FBL FP helicopter. They are not easy to fly like the V911. You have to tell it what to do, and when to stop and how to stop doing it. It's a handful, and CP is only worse.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:50 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Apr 2011
596 Posts
like a walkera super FP?
ITS ME DAVID is offline Find More Posts by ITS ME DAVID
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:03 PM
United States
Joined Mar 2006
2,182 Posts
2dBi antenna mod update

Update to my 2dBi antenna mod (post #750, ~page 50). While it did improve the distance to ~130-150 feet from ~80, I am not happy with it. I fly a lot farther than that with my 9x and never had an range issue and the micro soldering is not easy for the majority of the pilots.

I will try another antenna mod and report back the results.

With my 4 LED's on the landing gear, I take my X1 over 200 and sometimes ~300 feet straight up at night, the 4 LED's almost appear as a single dot.

I love the bang for buck 9x with er9x firmware, zero range issue and better sticks and feel to control my X1. I mentioned I am over not being able to flip the X1 with the 9x. And slightly disappointing, even when I set the 9x to output 125% servo movement, it does not give me any more control over the stock Tx. I bought this because I want to get the hang of flying a quad before I get the (Red/White plastic arms) 330mm or 450mm quad from HK (I am more into pylon racing than FPV, so i will probably get the faster 330mm). This little thing has done just that, so I ordered 4 NTM (2826-1200kv) motors, 4 30A BlueSeries ESC's (I plan on flashing these, any pointers or links) from HK USA and will order the frame kit, KK2, props and misc later tonight.

My X1 has been good to me after 2 weeks of abuse with out a single broken part, now that I crash a lot less, I am ready to step up.
--Oz-- is offline Find More Posts by --Oz--
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:16 PM
Joined Nov 2004
150 Posts
Trim

Here's basic question.

I'm ugrading form a 107 which is brain dead simple and I know x1 isn't that hard but it seems lately by the time I play with the trim the battery is about gone and I only have one battery.

Can someone explain how the trim works on quads?
The 4 trims are confusiong at times.

I'm flying in the slow mode so typical problems are slow rotation or remaing flat but moving slowly forward or back or to one side or another

Keep it simple for newbies please.

Like if it does this use the trim on the right side of controller that goes up/down or something like that.

or the trim on the left side that goes side to side used used when helo does _________.

Thanks, Ron
ronrc is offline Find More Posts by ronrc
Last edited by ronrc; Feb 01, 2013 at 08:29 PM.