HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:56 PM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Jan 2013
67 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arr0wHead View Post
Dferry, you need to turn on the TX while it's rapidly blinking.
Thanks - that did the trick

I guess I'm used to the v911.
dferrey is offline Find More Posts by dferrey
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:57 PM
United States
Joined Mar 2006
2,076 Posts
Quote:
Dferry, you need to turn on the TX while it's rapidly blinking.
Only to bind it to a new Tx.

But as I understand also to calibrate the throttle stick buy moving it up and down, is that correct?

This info should be in the FAQ section.
--Oz-- is online now Find More Posts by --Oz--
Old Jan 31, 2013, 03:12 PM
Joined Jan 2013
67 Posts
Very nice to fly. I'm pretty new at all this and am still working on controlling my v911's but I seem to be able to control the X1 much easier at this point. Specifically, I find myself getting out of trouble easier.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 03:21 PM
United States, MA, Plymouth
Joined Jan 2013
1,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by --Oz-- View Post
Only to bind it to a new Tx.

But as I understand also to calibrate the throttle stick buy moving it up and down, is that correct?

This info should be in the FAQ section.
Yes on the binding. Any time you switch tx or quad/heli, you need to re-bind. Otherwise it holds it's binding pretty well. Pull out the battery, put in a new one, turn off the tx, turn it on, no matter what I do it stays bound pretty well.

On the throttle stick, I don't have to usually. It will blink fast when you plug the battery in, then it will slow and stop. At this point moving the throttle actually lifts off.
Arr0wHead is offline Find More Posts by Arr0wHead
Old Jan 31, 2013, 03:26 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhitesma View Post
Not big on the battery holder. I saw helipal said in his introduction posts that it was almost one hand...but I almost need three hands on mine. Maybe it's just me. I can't get the stock charger onto the battery easily either. Just not a fan of the molded in plug. Kind of hope the extra batteries I ordered get here soon since they're not the stock ones

I did seem to experience the short range of the stock transmitter when I first got above the house and a wind gust carried me over the driveway. Before I could even start to fight my way back it just suddenly fell out of the sky. When I walked over and retrieved it it came right back up and was fine - but apparently I had hit the distance limit on the stock TX way sooner than I would have expected. Or maybe it was just a fluke.

Had a few hard "landings" and it took them like a champ. Even a fast dive into a tree trunk didn't do any noticeable damage. Looking forward to taking this out somewhere with a bit more space to see how it does when I can open it up a bit more.
Haha, cos I have 15 fingers on one hand! The trick is to wiggle the battery loose from the grips of those two hooks, then one push with the thumb from the butt of the battery and it is out!

Yes, 30 meters is not a long range and until you have a better feel for that range, or use a different Tx, be careful about trees and roofs. You'll "Kosem" yours when you least expected a signal loss. Go out to a field and fly when you can, then you'd have a good idea what that range looks like. Indoors, no problem!
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Jan 31, 2013, 03:30 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6,495 Posts
My experience with Banggood is that they love to split the orders. One package would show up first, and then the next one within a week. The overall shipping time after it is shipped is about 3 weeks for me. Be patient, they are not quick about it. But their pricing makes it easy to forgive.

TBoost, keep in mind that Chinese New Year is just around the corner. If you wait for the trial order to come through, you'd be waiting an extra month for the holiday.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 03:31 PM
a little kid at heart
Poulsbo, Wa
Joined Sep 2004
1,226 Posts
Quote:
I just installed the 2dBi antenna and will test after work (~5 hours). I will post results later tonight.

I mentioned my buddy dropped my first X1 Tx and it shattered the right stick, it looks fixable (some brass tubing to extend the shaft and put a new end on it). So I took his Tx and modded it with the 2dBi antenna, his radio was about the same distance as my Tx was ~80 to max 100 feet.

I noticed the pcb antenna was different design than mine is. I included top and bottom side pcb photos for reference.

I would of really liked to put the antenna in the top of the handle horizontal, but the coax was very short, so I put it where it fit, see 4th picture.
Oz,

Great pics!! Thanks

Bill
poulsbobill is offline Find More Posts by poulsbobill
Old Jan 31, 2013, 03:40 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6,495 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion. I have added "Binding Procedure" to the FAQ Post #3.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 03:46 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6,495 Posts
Quote:
I just installed the 2dBi antenna and will test after work (~5 hours). I will post results later tonight.

I mentioned my buddy dropped my first X1 Tx and it shattered the right stick, it looks fixable (some brass tubing to extend the shaft and put a new end on it). So I took his Tx and modded it with the 2dBi antenna, his radio was about the same distance as my Tx was ~80 to max 100 feet.

I noticed the pcb antenna was different design than mine is. I included top and bottom side pcb photos for reference.

I would of really liked to put the antenna in the top of the handle horizontal, but the coax was very short, so I put it where it fit, see 4th picture.
Wow, Oz, you're the soldering master!
Best of luck after work. I hope this mod extends the range.
I still don't quite get the Tombstone of capacitance.
Where to get the 2dB antenna?
Could you feed the antenna up the fake stub?
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:08 PM
United States, AZ, Yuma
Joined Mar 2009
294 Posts
Interesting that binding just came up. I meant to bring it up in the last post but forgot: Mine doesn't seem to hold its bind at all. Each time I pull the battery I have to rebind - seems to happening with the stock TX and my 9X. I thought it was just happening with the 9x at first but then went back to do some flips and realized it was happening with the stock TX as well I just had been lucky to turn it on at just the right time earlier.
jhitesma is online now Find More Posts by jhitesma
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:12 PM
Joined Jan 2013
67 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dferrey View Post
Very nice to fly. I'm pretty new at all this and am still working on controlling my v911's but I seem to be able to control the X1 much easier at this point. Specifically, I find myself getting out of trouble easier.
To add to this...

I love that I can land and take off on my carpet Yeah, I'm liking this quad thing

I have a couple of v911's now I need a 2nd quad. So many choices.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:13 PM
United States, MA, Plymouth
Joined Jan 2013
1,305 Posts
edit - derp, wrong thread
Arr0wHead is offline Find More Posts by Arr0wHead
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:16 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhitesma View Post
Interesting that binding just came up. I meant to bring it up in the last post but forgot: Mine doesn't seem to hold its bind at all. Each time I pull the battery I have to rebind - seems to happening with the stock TX and my 9X. I thought it was just happening with the 9x at first but then went back to do some flips and realized it was happening with the stock TX as well I just had been lucky to turn it on at just the right time earlier.
Interest indeed. I have the V5 Board. What do you have? The writings is in the underside of the board. You could see it from below.

Like what I said in the FAQ. After I bound the Tx to the Rx once. I doesn't need re-binding after battery change. I always turn the Tx on first. Then I plug in the Lipo, set X1 on flat surface. LED would flash rapidly and goes to solid. And I'm ready to fly.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:18 PM
Joined Jan 2013
67 Posts
Quote:
Do you have the yellow one?
If you mean which X1, I have this one.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:19 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6,495 Posts
After flying helicopter for a while, one thing I really like about these quads is that over half the time, they land on their four legs right side up. I don't have to go pick them up, and I could just throttle it up again. LOL. I know I'm lazy.