SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 08, 2013, 03:16 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,199 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
The txs of x1 and v929 is interchangeable. So, whatever you have on the t9x for one will work on the other.
Thank you mucho..,.Dan
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 08, 2013, 03:20 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arr0wHead View Post
By the way, anyone looking to order a 949 battery charger grab one quick. I'm guessing they're going to triple in price over the next couple days. In fact, those Turnigy batteries I bought already went up $5 after I bought them.

Am I cursed?
That's too funny. If you do not know what we are talking about, Arrow and I had this conversation. Just about everything he ordered, the price went up immediately. In one case, it went from $18 to $33!

In case that this happens again, an alternative to the v949 charger is the MJX x200 charger.
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Jan 08, 2013, 04:17 PM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,542 Posts
Just pulled the trigger on this. $35 from Amazon, with free Prime delivery on the day after tomorrow. Amazing!

Also, extra batteries and 949 charger from Banggood.com. Good prices and free shipping. Is Banggood reliable, and reasonably quick?

pugsam is offline Find More Posts by pugsam
Old Jan 08, 2013, 04:43 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6,495 Posts
Banggood has some of the lowest prices. They are not in the US. So, shipping would not be speedy. All my orders showed up, eventually. Just be patient.
Old Jan 08, 2013, 04:50 PM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,542 Posts
Yah, I've gotten into the rhythm of plenty of HK international warehouse deliveries....so I know about waiting.........

But that doesn't mean I like it!

pugsam is offline Find More Posts by pugsam
Old Jan 08, 2013, 09:33 PM
Hooper, full throttle!
USA, NY, East Islip
Joined Feb 2004
11,062 Posts
Quote:
You're not screwed.
Flew just fine tonight! Spot on.

Thanks

Tommy D
Tommy D is online now Find More Posts by Tommy D
Old Jan 09, 2013, 02:06 AM
Joined Aug 2011
6,495 Posts
Put 7 packs through my X1 today. What a blast! The stock battery was amazingly good! It gave me 8+ minutes. My best 600mAh battery gave me 11.5 minutes. Motors were barely warm after flights. My T9x setting was as good as the stock, but I didn't think that it was as good as Daryoon's. I'm missing some secret ingredients.

My stock Tx developed an issue today. I was losing signal to the X1. It flew barely 30 feet before losing signal. But it flew a "home run" distance with the T9x. Perhaps, Tommy swapped his dropped Tx with mine and didn't tell me about it.
Old Jan 09, 2013, 12:13 PM
Hooper, full throttle!
USA, NY, East Islip
Joined Feb 2004
11,062 Posts
Guilty as charged
Tommy D is online now Find More Posts by Tommy D
Old Jan 09, 2013, 12:20 PM
rather fly, but this'll do
Portland, OR
Joined Feb 2008
784 Posts
Quote:
My stock Tx developed an issue today. I was losing signal to the X1. It flew barely 30 feet before losing signal. But it flew a "home run" distance with the T9x. Perhaps, Tommy swapped his dropped Tx with mine and didn't tell me about it.
Sounds obvious but, check the tx batteries?
krefi is online now Find More Posts by krefi
Old Jan 09, 2013, 12:33 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6,495 Posts
I use Eneloop in my Tx. Pretty fresh. But I recharged them last night. Will try it again today. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old Jan 09, 2013, 01:17 PM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Dec 2011
1,781 Posts
So I did some prelim tests on the x1 board for fpv..(with a 9x and 5443 props)
I was doing some load tests and comparing the flying characteristic and load bearing capabilities...
I must say initial tests where not the best I was kind of dissapointed.....

I put on around 18g which is typical for an fpv system including battery (not the lightest but not the heaviest)...

After 2-3 minutes the quad movement got a bit erratic and arms dipped in any move.. Now it's still fly able... And if u are hauling a camera for footage only it's fine.. But when doing fpv it's not the easiest thing to correct... So it makes it harder to fly..

The fact that it takes a bit of time to change direction is good in terms of stability and Arial photography but not the best in terms of fpv...
The way u judge the quads movement when coving is watching the movement of objects in relation to each other or the horizon etc.. The quicker u see this the easier it is to correct or move the way u want... If the quad makes this move too slowly ie too much inertia it's hard to judge and over correction may happen...
ArchillesElbow is offline Find More Posts by ArchillesElbow
Old Jan 09, 2013, 01:19 PM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Dec 2011
1,781 Posts
Double post
ArchillesElbow is offline Find More Posts by ArchillesElbow
Last edited by ArchillesElbow; Jan 09, 2013 at 01:39 PM.
Old Jan 09, 2013, 03:29 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Dec 2010
536 Posts
Quote:
Put 7 packs through my X1 today. What a blast! The stock battery was amazingly good! It gave me 8+ minutes. My best 600mAh battery gave me 11.5 minutes. Motors were barely warm after flights. My T9x setting was as good as the stock, but I didn't think that it was as good as Daryoon's. I'm missing some secret ingredients.

I have had the occasional signal dropout (stock tx) with my quad. It will happen about once every three or four flights. Only resulted in a crash twice.
slim1357 is offline Find More Posts by slim1357
Old Jan 09, 2013, 03:51 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6,495 Posts
Just tested it with the recharged Tx batteries. No more signal loss. Can't blame Tommy any more.

So, Tx battery level is now showing 4 bars. Last night, there were 3 bars. I thought that was plenty, but I thought wrong. These 4AA system is much more sensitive to voltage drop in rechargeable batteries, I think. I have a feeling that if you're using Alkaline batteries, it will be more forgiving.
Old Jan 09, 2013, 04:24 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,199 Posts
X-1 showed up today and charged battery. Went to Hobby shop and picked up some 500ma 25c batteries for my MQX. X-1 flys very nice hooked up to good T9X. Very smooth and quite. Recharged batteries and will have Quad kind of day.
Fly X-1 again , couple V929's/ MQX/ Ladybird V1/V2....> and maybe later V939/U816. Rudder is very slow but hey no big deal. All quads are slow on rudder.

All in all clones are fine, but they are just copies and do not match the real deal. Yes they are cheaper but Walkrea Ladybird V1 with Devo 7 tx is extra fine. MQX with DX5e very nice. My World toys V929 are very good/ V939 is ok/ U 816 would be much better if they upgraded a poor TX. X-1 is very good also. I fly for fun of it and will not stick a camrea on any of them. Take a mico quad and them jam camrea/ larger batttey may be fun for some but I like flying it as is. Anyway have fun.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04