HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 07, 2013, 01:23 AM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Dec 2011
1,775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slim1357 View Post
Cool I have an H36 board and some motors and props on the way. Going to make the lightest fpv quad I can. Hope to get a lighter and better camera and build a cloverleaf for the tx.

Back on topic, I really hope someone is reverse engineering the software on the X1. I want more cyclic!
I have tried direct drives for fpv using micro quad set ups... I even tried using a direct drive 8mm motor and the best in terms of carrying seems to be the geared way (as u can drive bigger props).. The lightest I have gone to is 76g with a 1g camera.... And two flight batteries.. Full range antenna (Linear circular polarized) and 200mw vtx... That gives me around 10 mins of fpv...
ArchillesElbow is offline Find More Posts by ArchillesElbow
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 07, 2013, 02:33 PM
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Jun 2012
554 Posts
Holy hell. I finally got to test the X1 outside. The stability of this thing puts my V949 to shame. It looks great without any sort of canopy or modding, and those white blades/feet are very visible. That surprised me. The flips were tighter than my V949, as well. And it may be a tad faster.. We'll have to see how much the gws improves my older quad though.

My only complaint is how sluggish it is to changing direction. It almost caused me to get it caught in a tree because it just won't brake/stop like my other quads.

Will using the Turnigy tx make it snappier to changing direction and braking???
variantman is offline Find More Posts by variantman
Old Jan 07, 2013, 02:53 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by variantman View Post

My only complaint is how sluggish it is to changing direction. It almost caused me to get it caught in a tree because it just won't brake/stop like my other quads.

Will using the Turnigy tx make it snappier to changing direction and braking???
No. At least as far as I have found. Even on 125% d/r and negative expo this quad just does not change its roll and pitch very fast. There is no difference between the t9x and stock tx in that regard.
RoboHeli is offline Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 07, 2013, 03:03 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,332 Posts
Variantman, do you have a T9x? If so, please try it and report back. Because I said it in my initial review, using Daryoon's T9x turned this X1 into a different bird! I don't have a quad model on my T9x and I haven't flown it that much since. Robo's impression is different than mine. Perhaps more samples would help us better understand this.
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Jan 07, 2013, 03:04 PM
Joined Jun 2012
554 Posts
Ah, dang. This thing could of been the perfect mini. Still a great bargain for the price.

Just checked my mailbox and got my gws props in. I wonder if it will make my V949 fly as well as the X1.
Old Jan 07, 2013, 03:07 PM
Joined Jun 2012
554 Posts
I don't have a T9x. My X1 has the red board, if that makes any difference. I would say it flies as well as a "real" quad, if not for the delayed stopping.
Old Jan 07, 2013, 03:07 PM
nj
Joined Jan 2004
1,386 Posts
Just got one of these it's ok but the trims seem like they don't hardly adjust much?

mine floats off to the right but even when i use the trim it don't do much even if trimming all the way on any of the trims it seems like it's a very little bit of adjustment you have.
reptileman is offline Find More Posts by reptileman
Old Jan 07, 2013, 03:20 PM
Joined Dec 2011
4,682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
Variantman, do you have a T9x? If so, please try it and report back. Because I said it in my initial review, using Daryoon's T9x turned this X1 into a different bird! I don't have a quad model on my T9x and I haven't flown it that much since. Robo's impression is different than mine. Perhaps more samples would help us better understand this.
Can you send me the eepe model that you used? I really want to see if performs differently...
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 07, 2013, 03:27 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6,332 Posts
I don't have one. I have been asking Daryoon to send me his. He hasn't gotten around to it. He has many projects on his bench. I just gave him some more this morning. Hehe.. You could Email him, and if you gets it, reroute it to me please.

Did you also say that the motors run hot on your X1? Mine don't.

Daryoon doesn't have an X1 Quad. He did receive an X1 Rx. He put it on his V949, and it is the most tame Quad you would ever find. We believe the gear ratio in the V949 was the reason. Guess my x1 and Daryoon's T9x was still the best surprised combo. Wish more x1/t9x owners out there could give me more inputs.
Old Jan 07, 2013, 04:03 PM
Joined Dec 2011
4,682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
I don't have one. I have been asking Daryoon to send me his. He hasn't gotten around to it. He has many projects on his bench. I just gave him some more this morning. Hehe.. You could Email him, and if you gets it, reroute it to me please.

Did you also say that the motors run hot on your X1? Mine don't.

Daryoon doesn't have an X1 Quad. He did receive an X1 Rx. He put it on his V949, and it is the most tame Quad you would ever find. We believe the gear ratio in the V949 was the reason. Guess my x1 and Daryoon's T9x was still the best surprised combo. Wish more x1/t9x owners out there could give me more inputs.

Very weird. I would like to try your x1. Maybe next time I'm in San Diego...
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 07, 2013, 04:07 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6,332 Posts
Programming my X1 to fly to you... Hahaha.
Old Jan 07, 2013, 05:45 PM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Dec 2011
1,775 Posts
So I received the x1 board today..
Plugged it into a v929 frame with gws 5443 props and controlled via a 9x...
Didn't have much time so couldnt fly it outside...indoor flight was very stable... A bit sluggish to change direction but not extremely slow to change direction.. Need to test a bit outdoors... Motors seem to run much faster (v929 motors)... Infact I had one older motor on the frame.. With the v929 board this wasnt a problem.. The quad didn't need additional trimming to compensate.. On the x1 board..(only the board changed) that motor could be seen as always lagging behind,, as if the board couldn't compensate and had to be trimmed out... More testing tomorrow.. Before the fpv kit goes on
ArchillesElbow is offline Find More Posts by ArchillesElbow
Old Jan 07, 2013, 05:47 PM
Joined Jan 2013
12 Posts
I need some help, just got my X1 today. On the controller the right stick stays centered and if you push it forward or sideways it snaps back to center which seems to be the way it should operate. The left stick stays wherever you move it, doesnt snap back to center. Is this the way it supposed to work or is something broke on the left stick?
stbknox is offline Find More Posts by stbknox
Old Jan 07, 2013, 06:08 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Dec 2010
534 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stbknox View Post
I need some help, just got my X1 today. On the controller the right stick stays centered and if you push it forward or sideways it snaps back to center which seems to be the way it should operate. The left stick stays wherever you move it, doesnt snap back to center. Is this the way it supposed to work or is something broke on the left stick?
The left stick should have no spring loading on the y axis (throttle) and spring loaded to center on the x axis (yaw).
slim1357 is offline Find More Posts by slim1357
Old Jan 07, 2013, 06:09 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,193 Posts
The left stick is responsible for yaw (left and right) and throttle (up and down)

Yaw should spring back. Throttle should not.
Daryoon is offline Find More Posts by Daryoon