HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 06, 2013, 01:47 AM
Joined Jan 2013
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stbknox View Post
Thanks for the quick response. I think 3 at a time would just be fine. Your last link isnt working so Im not sure what it is but now I only need to find a charger, is that what your referring to as power adaptor? Can you relink please? Thanks
I found the charger in 1st link, missed it somehow. It says it comes with power adaptor so I think that should be fine. Thanks again for your help!
stbknox is offline Find More Posts by stbknox
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 06, 2013, 01:52 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,141 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the quick response. I think 3 at a time would just be fine. Your last link isnt working so Im not sure what it is but now I only need to find a charger, is that what your referring to as power adaptor? Can you relink please? Thanks
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXXWK9&P=FR

BTW, all my links are just examples for the product (I use all this stuff myself btw). So you might be able to find a way to get them for some less with more extensive research (if it would be enough to "justify" the time for looking, IDK)
I also have the IMaxB6AC charger (I got one charger at home [ThunderAC6] and one at the office [Imax], as I usually try to get a couple flights in there after I am done working ... and to be honest, as far as my chargers are concerned, I think the Thunder is of a slightly higher quality than the Imax - plus, you get it from a seller in the US, while the Imax usually has to come from china if you want it significantly cheaper than the THunder ... to all I know anyways)

And the flying I do after work can be found here if you are interested how my office looks like ...
V911 SPECIAL EDITION the H911 by Hero RC (6 min 3 sec)

(that was the latest little heli I tried - I just saw, I never did a vid with the X1 ... oh well, maybe another project
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Why I L-O-V-E miracle mart ...
Old Jan 06, 2013, 01:54 AM
Joined Jan 2013
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
@Stbknox, Buying the NanoTech 600mAh directly from Hobby King is a little cheaper. But after you factor in the shipping cost and the shipping time, you are correct, the savings is trivial. It's your choice, if you want to deal with a US based EBay seller. His rating has been perfect!

BUT, I would caution you on the charging cable you link. Those seems to be the wrong plugs for your application. You would need JST on BOTH ends. That particular cable is good for mCPx style batteries, not the NanoTech 600mAhs. Also, when you parallel charging 6x 600mAh, unless you have a power source that could sustain about 4A, your charging time will be extremely long.

In summary, yes on the 5x Nano Tech deal. No, on the charging cable. And I recommend that you look for a good charger. Take a look at one I suggested in post #2.
That charger looks like it will work fine and I assume the JST parallel cabel below it that charges up to 6 at a time will work as well with that charger. I could purchase the charger, parallel cable and I would also go ahead and get the batteries since it would be all one transaction. Thanks for your help.
Old Jan 06, 2013, 02:00 AM
Joined Jan 2013
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXXWK9&P=FR

BTW, all my links are just examples for the product (I use all this stuff myself btw). So you might be able to find a way to get them for some less with more extensive research (if it would be enough to "justify" the time for looking, IDK)
I also have the IMaxB6AC charger (I got one charger at home [ThunderAC6] and one at the office [Imax], as I usually try to get a couple flights in there after I am done working ... and to be honest, as far as my chargers are concerned, I think the Thunder is of a slightly higher quality than the Imax - plus, you get it from a seller in the US, while the Imax usually has to come from china if you want it significantly cheaper than the THunder ... to all I know anyways)

And the flying I do after work can be found here if you are interested how my office looks like ...
http://youtu.be/7dWmZWAWWQY
(that was the latest little heli I tried - I just saw, I never did a vid with the X1 ... oh well, maybe another project
Nice! I wish I could fly one in my office but I think it might be my last flight there.
Old Jan 06, 2013, 02:02 AM
Joined Mar 2009
9,141 Posts
Quote:
Nice! I wish I could fly one in my office but I think it might be my last flight there.
... AFTER work hours, when the boss is gone ...
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 06, 2013, 02:13 AM
Joined Jan 2013
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
... AFTER work hours, when the boss is gone ...
I am the boss!
Old Jan 06, 2013, 02:14 AM
Joined Mar 2009
9,141 Posts
Quote:
I am the boss!
I envy you!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 06, 2013, 02:19 AM
Joined Jan 2013
12 Posts
Ok, I think I finally found everythign thanks to everyones help.

Will this work with the IMaxB6AC charger ? Looks like it will to me.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/r-c-charging...item2a1b955edb

I found a good deal on the IMaxB6AC charger for about $37 total from us seller. so if this cable works I can get it and the batteries I originally posted fromt he same seller.

Thanks again.
Old Jan 06, 2013, 02:23 AM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,498 Posts
Stbknox, Beware that there are many Fake IMax. Not that they don't work. But they are not made with the same components. Also, It's the 2nd time that I saw you linking charging cables with wrong plugs. The last one is for MICRO JST. They are not the same as JST. Be careful not to get the wrong one.
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Jan 06, 2013, 02:30 AM
Joined Jan 2013
12 Posts
Quote:
Stbknox, Beware that there are many Fake IMax. Not that they don't work. But they are not made with the same components. Also, It's the 2nd time that I saw you linking charging cables with wrong plugs. The last one is for MICRO JST. They are not the same as JST. Be careful not to get the wrong one.
I give up on the plugs then, lol. Thats why I asked and glad I did, noob here to the RC world. I will just order it from the link you posted in post # 2 and might as well get the charger there also. Its 03:30 in the morning here and cant think straight, time for a cup of coffee.
Old Jan 06, 2013, 02:37 AM
Joined Aug 2011
6,498 Posts
It's okay, my friend. This hobby is confusing. But people are nice and helpful. E2 and I have been trying to get you the right stuff. I make post #2, as a convenience to people just like you. At least, I checked that everything in there is compatible and works. Unfortunately, you will find that some of the items are not in stock. But I tried.

Hint: JST plugs are almost always RED. I have not seen them in any other way. So, when you see these white plugs. That's a dead give away. Okay?

Get some rest. Have a blessed Sunday!
Old Jan 06, 2013, 02:37 AM
Joined Jan 2013
12 Posts
Quote:
I give up on the plugs then, lol. Thats why I asked and glad I did, noob here to the RC world. I will just order it from the link you posted in post # 2 and might as well get the charger there also. Its 03:30 in the morning here and cant think straight, time for a cup of coffee.
The ones you link arent in stock, I remember now, thats why I was looking elsewhere.

Last question, will this one work?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BANANA-PLUG-...item51a04dcf50
Old Jan 06, 2013, 02:55 AM
Joined Aug 2011
6,498 Posts
That works. But ouch, expensive. Plus, it is banana plugs on the one end, meaning that unless you buy a good charger, it's no use. The ones that is back order now is $3.86 + shipping. How bad do you want it?
Old Jan 06, 2013, 08:24 AM
Joined Mar 2008
521 Posts
Quote:
Richos, welcome to the club. Such drama getting your x1 to maiden! It flies very nice though. I noticed that your Christmas tree is still up. You could conveniently run your x1 into the tree and practice tree retrieval before you take this outdoor. LOL. Enjoy your new toy.
Thanks Heli pad

Now for some more test flight drama

I have just velcroed my 16g keychain camera to the bottom of my x1 as a test to see if she could haul the video camera into the air.

WOW! the mini X1 was only just over half throttle and she was in the hover with loads more power on tap if i needed it .

I think that the X1 will make a very stable and cheap platform for aerial video with keychain video cameras .

And with all the extra power on tap i cant see why it wont haul 20g plus into the air .

Im thinking DIY FPV would be easily attainable on this cheap mini quad platform

Hope you like my keychain camera test flight Heli pad

SYMA X1 Quadcopter test flight lifting a 16g keychain camera (0 min 59 sec)
richos is offline Find More Posts by richos
Old Jan 06, 2013, 09:33 AM
Joined Aug 2011
6,498 Posts
Like it? Love it!

Short video showed a stable clip. No jello effect. Good job. Next time, try and do a little more maneuvering. I'd like to see if the x1 could do smooth and slow movements. Most of these videos turns so fast and jerks so much that is enough to make you sick.

Guys, that's an interesting question. What is the max payload that the X1 could carry? Anyone want to work on that answer?