Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 10, 2013, 05:00 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,712 Posts
Thank you, Richos!!!

I think you should copy & paste the contents of your post into a blog post. Your pictures and installation instructions will be really, really useful for a lot of people in the future who want to try this out. Great job!
RoboHeli is online now Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 10, 2013, 05:05 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,712 Posts
Finally took my X1 outside to the field for the first day of my flying season.

This thing is a really nice sport flyer! I was really surprised by it. It's got a great throttle response and so I found that I could do some really nice swoops and high-speed passes. I did some big oval and figure-8 circuits as well. It's was a really relaxing and no-stress flying experience. I used my T9x.

I think Syma did a good job with this quad. Yes, the elev and aile response is sluggish compared to other quads, but you know what, that's actually a good thing. It's a great way for someone to get into flying quads by trying it out indoors. THen outdoors there are no surprises and you can have some good fun blasting it up and down the field.

For the price, it's a great model to have. This is the quad I'd have no problems letting someone try out for the first time.
RoboHeli is online now Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 10, 2013, 08:59 PM
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Jun 2012
554 Posts
I wonder why Syma doesn't chime in on this thread. They should throw HeliPad a free quad for all the positive publicity he's given them. Before this thread, the X1's were pretty unnoticed on here, and had dropped from $50 to $35 on Amazon(I would assume from lack of sales).

Where are you Syma?

RC Logger is on here. Hubsan has been on here. WL Toys is on here via James. Even Air Hogs.

But no Syma. Or Walkera (although I think they lurk).

We want to give some feedback. Like better aileron and elevator response.
variantman is offline Find More Posts by variantman
Old Mar 11, 2013, 01:03 AM
Joined Jan 2013
662 Posts
prices on amazon just went to the roof!!....X1 ufo @ 49.99, bumblebee @ 46.95 and just the spaceship left @ 38.95, i guess its just a matter of days and the spaceship will be at almost 50 too
Tboost is offline Find More Posts by Tboost
Old Mar 11, 2013, 01:05 AM
United States, MA, Plymouth
Joined Jan 2013
1,305 Posts
Wow, that's a big jump from the $35 I paid! Lucky I got it when I did.
Arr0wHead is offline Find More Posts by Arr0wHead
Old Mar 11, 2013, 01:36 AM
United States
Joined Mar 2006
2,042 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by variantman View Post
I wonder why Syma doesn't chime in on this thread.

But no Syma. Or Walkera (although I think they lurk).

We want to give some feedback. Like better aileron and elevator response.
A PC interface (GUI) to adjust PI values, dual rates, expo, self level (with remote enable/disable), orientation LED's and to top it off, brushless motors.
--Oz-- is online now Find More Posts by --Oz--
Old Mar 11, 2013, 07:31 AM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,525 Posts
Micro Hellfires

pugsam is online now Find More Posts by pugsam
Old Mar 11, 2013, 07:32 AM
CNC Cutter
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Dec 2005
8,540 Posts
maybe a Bing translation will work ...

我不知道为什么司马不编钟此线程上。

但没有司马。或华科尔 (虽然我觉得他们潜伏)。

我们想要给予一些反馈。像好的副翼和电梯响应。
PC 界面 (GUI),用于调整 PI 值、 双率、 世博会自一级 (与远程启用/禁用),定位的指示灯和放,无刷电机。
birdofplay is online now Find More Posts by birdofplay
Last edited by birdofplay; Mar 11, 2013 at 10:16 AM.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 07:53 AM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,525 Posts
微地狱火
pugsam is online now Find More Posts by pugsam
Old Mar 11, 2013, 08:57 AM
Minister of the Obvious
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Dec 2012
33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tboost View Post
prices on amazon just went to the roof!!....X1 ufo @ 49.99, bumblebee @ 46.95 and just the spaceship left @ 38.95, i guess its just a matter of days and the spaceship will be at almost 50 too
Wow, I'm glad that I got my two last week! Still a good value as I have been pretty happy with mine as an entry into the quad world.
brandtb is offline Find More Posts by brandtb
Old Mar 11, 2013, 09:34 AM
Joined Jan 2013
662 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arr0wHead View Post
Wow, that's a big jump from the $35 I paid! Lucky I got it when I did.
yeah, me too, paid $34.95 for mine like 2 months ago. Interesting how they had a huge 15 buck jump on the price from one day to another
Old Mar 11, 2013, 10:08 AM
Autopilot no control
United States, FL, Fort Lauderdale
Joined Feb 2013
269 Posts
When I ordered a pair in January, I went with the UFO and Spaceship. They were a different price (like $.50 off) and sold by different sellers even though both were fulfilled and shipped by Amazon. So perhaps some of the individual shops are seeing demand increase and trying to capitalize, which can explain why not all of the models have risen in price.

Finally got Banggood to process my order of v949s, wonder if I should grab another x1 while waiting.
Highly Grounded is online now Find More Posts by Highly Grounded
Old Mar 11, 2013, 10:15 AM
CNC Cutter
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Dec 2005
8,540 Posts
WHAAAT ???

微地狱火 => Micro-Hellfire USING BING.
birdofplay is online now Find More Posts by birdofplay
Old Mar 11, 2013, 11:56 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,059 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tboost View Post
yeah, me too, paid $34.95 for mine like 2 months ago. Interesting how they had a huge 15 buck jump on the price from one day to another
They just put the price BACK to where it came from. They are probably eternally greatful to HeliPad who singlehandedly boosted their sales to the level they had originally hope for, just by opening this thread (however, there were a bunch of people who wrote about the X1 quite some time before him, but those were MUCH less successful in getting the discussion going ...)

Anyway, I bought one of these on Amazon last year, probably in Oct. or even earlier ... and mine was significantly over 50$!
And ONLY because Syma couldnt get the sales up until HeliPads thread came along they dropped the price down to 35$ ... and now that enough people bought it, they jack it back up ... thats what you call doing clever business ... (sarcasm off now ...)
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 11, 2013, 01:23 PM
Joined Jan 2013
662 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
They just put the price BACK to where it came from. They are probably eternally greatful to HeliPad who singlehandedly boosted their sales to the level they had originally hope for, just by opening this thread (however, there were a bunch of people who wrote about the X1 quite some time before him, but those were MUCH less successful in getting the discussion going ...)

Anyway, I bought one of these on Amazon last year, probably in Oct. or even earlier ... and mine was significantly over 50$!
And ONLY because Syma couldnt get the sales up until HeliPads thread came along they dropped the price down to 35$ ... and now that enough people bought it, they jack it back up ... thats what you call doing clever business ... (sarcasm off now ...)
Maybe the X3 is about to come out (ive been waiting that quad, specs and performace), and theyre just trying to close the price gap between the both quads, I guess is just not smart to have a quad @ $60-$65 and another @ $35.00

One thing is for sure, they should send HeliPad an X3 for free lol, because youre totally right, he is the responsable for a lot of sales.

Ive been waiting the Helicopter F3 aswell, single rotor FP
I think it can be a good rival to the v911, theyre the same size, both FP single rotor, and Syma already has his reputation.

Heres the link for the ones that havent seen the F3 yet.
Syma F3 Helicopter