HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 04, 2013, 05:35 PM
Autopilot no control
United States, FL, Fort Lauderdale
Joined Feb 2013
267 Posts
I finally figured out (I think) good settings with my t9x! I was following a youtube tutorial that had me in heli. I decided to put it in acro and set it myself and it flies awesome now! It felt good to do an actual turn! Even though the advice was wrong (I think), the video taught me what each setting actually does so I can do my own preferences.
Highly Grounded is offline Find More Posts by Highly Grounded
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 05, 2013, 07:49 AM
Can we lift the embargo?
menands flats, NY
Joined Dec 2006
1,610 Posts
once I get my X1 (again) and learn how to fly it with the stock TX I may get the module (Flysky) for my
er9x (9xr)
How much of a boost in perfomance is there if any?
kenstogie is online now Find More Posts by kenstogie
Old Mar 05, 2013, 08:07 AM
Autopilot no control
Joined Feb 2013
267 Posts
First, the range boost actually lets you flex your legs (props?) outdoors. Then with increasing the endpoints and adding some -exp it is responding much quicker. It makes learning much easier (this is my first quad) compared to the stock TX. I was trying to practice orientation and bank turns because I want to eventually upgrade, but found it difficult in the beginning when using the syma TX. Now that I have the 9x dialed in, it behaves completely different and is building my confidence with controls.
Old Mar 05, 2013, 08:24 AM
Minister of the Obvious
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Dec 2012
33 Posts
I'm expecting delivery on two X1's today -- one for me and one for my son. Should be a fun night. Extra batteries to follow in the next week or two for more flying amusement!
brandtb is offline Find More Posts by brandtb
Old Mar 05, 2013, 09:52 AM
United States
Joined Mar 2006
2,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highly Grounded View Post
First, the range boost actually lets you flex your legs (props?) outdoors. Then with increasing the endpoints and adding some -exp it is responding much quicker. It makes learning much easier (this is my first quad) compared to the stock TX. I was trying to practice orientation and bank turns because I want to eventually upgrade, but found it difficult in the beginning when using the syma TX. Now that I have the 9x dialed in, it behaves completely different and is building my confidence with controls.
My neighbor, brother and I all have the X1 and er9x. With endpoints and mixer settings for max travel, we find no more control at max stick that we were hoping for. What we got is smoother control, better feel radio, excellent range and lost the novel flip function.
--Oz-- is online now Find More Posts by --Oz--
Old Mar 05, 2013, 10:36 AM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,193 Posts
You forgot one important piece of the puzzle. You need negative 100 expo on the AIL and ELV.

Then get used to it and dial "down" from there.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Mar 05, 2013, 10:56 AM
Autopilot no control
Joined Feb 2013
267 Posts
I have endpoints at 120 and started expo at -33. I have dual rates set too, low settings with endpoints at 80 with no expo, but I only fly outdoors so I haven't used it yet. I was pleased with expo at -33, but will definitely try -100 and dial it down. I am open to suggestions since this is all new to me.
Old Mar 05, 2013, 11:31 AM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,519 Posts
Spare motor ships without pinion

I just received four replacement motors from Banggood.

The website shows the replacement motor as including the small pinion gear.

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Sy...4-p-54187.html

However..........that's missing on all of the motors they sent me.

Before I go mucking around - and maybe screw it up - anyone know whether the pinion for the old motor should come off cleanly and easily, and fit easily and securely on the new motor?

pugsam is offline Find More Posts by pugsam
Old Mar 05, 2013, 11:55 AM
Can we lift the embargo?
menands flats, NY
Joined Dec 2006
1,610 Posts
Thanks for the replies about the er9x setups/thoughts. Frankly I am still learning er9x but it's coming along though I really need to put more time into it. That pesky job and gf always gets in the way of my fun.
kenstogie is online now Find More Posts by kenstogie
Old Mar 05, 2013, 12:11 PM
Autopilot no control
Joined Feb 2013
267 Posts
^Get your girl an x1! Mine loves flying together.
Old Mar 05, 2013, 12:57 PM
GOT WINGS
United States, TX, Wilbarger
Joined Apr 2012
2,338 Posts
Pugsam, I have taken a pinion off of an x1 motor and put it on another motor, no problem. If it doesn't stay on tight, just use a little CA.
siriusflier is online now Find More Posts by siriusflier
Old Mar 05, 2013, 01:20 PM
United States, MA, Plymouth
Joined Jan 2013
1,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenstogie View Post
That pesky job and gf always gets in the way of my fun.
I have come to realize that both girlfriends AND helicopters love a good picnic in the park. The key is balance. You have to divide your attention equally between them.

Otherwise the helicopter gets REALLY jealous.
Arr0wHead is offline Find More Posts by Arr0wHead
Old Mar 05, 2013, 01:30 PM
United States, WA, McChord AFB
Joined Mar 2013
6 Posts
Hi guys, New member here.
First I wanted to say thanks for all the info on this great quad. I have read all 100 pages of posts, yeah, I get bored at work sometimes, and you all have helped a lot.
There are 3 of these flying around my shop each night on my shift. We are having a blast, flying, modifying, and breaking these. Already had one guy who needs a new motor. Mine has taken quite a beating too...
I found this forum based off of our battery information. We each order 2 of the Turnigy 600 Mah (green) battery to run in our quads. Then you all told us we can not use our stock chargers. Needless to say we were bummed. And have spent many night searching for info on what to use to charge. One guy has the 959 Bad boy and uses that charger. Then we started thinking. Cell phone "usb" chargers have OCP built into them. Can I just put the stock charger in the usb port on the cell phone brick? Well, I decided to sacrafice a battery and try it last night. We stuck it in a steal box, in the weld shop (great ventilation) and kept a close eye on it. After about 1.5 hours of charging, the red light shut off on the stock charger. We remeasure the battery and it only bulged about .20 mm in size. We got a full 12 min's, medium throttle, without camera on the charge.

What is everybody's thoughts on using the cell phone USB charger and stock charger to charge batteries without OCD?
Benihana is offline Find More Posts by Benihana
Old Mar 05, 2013, 01:34 PM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,519 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusflier View Post
Pugsam, I have taken a pinion off of an x1 motor and put it on another motor, no problem. If it doesn't stay on tight, just use a little CA.
Thanks, Sirius!

I don't have a puller that small, and I was afraid that using a tool might damage those soft-plastic gear teeth.

Fortunately, I was able to use just my fingers to pull the pinion off the old motor and put it on the new one. It seems to be holding fine, there.

To my amazement, I also was able to do the tiny soldering, too. (Tip: before soldering, remember to first snake the wires the way you want them....through the motor mount assemby,....inside the spar........and back out to the board.)

So far, it's flying great.

With the new motor, it's like a brand-new X1!

pugsam is offline Find More Posts by pugsam
Old Mar 05, 2013, 01:54 PM
United States, MA, Plymouth
Joined Jan 2013
1,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
We remeasure the battery and it only bulged about .20 mm in size.
I would think that any puffiness after a single attempt would be a bad thing. A 949 charger will cost you $3. Or you could each chip in $5-10 and get a real charger and a parallel charge harness so you can charge your batteries together, quicker, and safer.
Arr0wHead is offline Find More Posts by Arr0wHead