HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 31, 2012, 09:41 AM
United States, TX, Cypress
Joined Jan 2012
399 Posts
My quad is now a birds nest,sorry for your loss, you will get over it and rebuild, but better and safer. I would build an hex or octo for engine power, stability, and redundancy
bobfa is offline Find More Posts by bobfa
Last edited by bobfa; Dec 31, 2012 at 10:41 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 31, 2012, 12:33 PM
Walking with the Lord
United States, OH, Tipp City
Joined Apr 2012
312 Posts
IF you get another one, fasten an old iPhone to it and use Find-My-iPhone to map it's location if you lose it. Remember an ounce of prevention....

Sorry about your loss.
GravyBones is offline Find More Posts by GravyBones
Old Dec 31, 2012, 02:00 PM
Joined Feb 2012
526 Posts
Sorry for your loss, I had a similar experience last summer , lost $950 including GoPro and FPV gear. I didnt have a business venture planned but I havnt ruled it out. Ive since replaced everything I lost and made it better but I still dont feel Im ready to do this for money. Just one point Id like to make. Cameras and flying machines fail a lot and its costly so trying to make money that way has a lot of pitfalls and actually making money is a guess. The kind of business you start when you dont need the money not when you do, thats why for most of us its just a hobby. Ive always thought that if I were to get into it Id need at least 2 machines capable of completing the job so even if I crash and destroy a camera and copter I can use the backup and still finish the job and get paid. Id hate to lose all that and not get the job done and the client would be pissed for the waste of time and not being able to do what they wanted, not good for word of mouth advertising or repeat business clients are hard to find and it would be terrible to lose the copter camera and a client. Just my 2 cent.
Steve34 is offline Find More Posts by Steve34
Old Dec 31, 2012, 02:05 PM
Joined Oct 2012
133 Posts
hi The Enemy,
I understand your concerns, let me answer your questions:
#1 Why so quickly with the Miami ship address? If it's free from other members, I'm sure a home address would work too. The little extra wait is not that bad for free stuff!
As I explained before, the Dominican Mail is terrible. I use this forwarding company called CPS (www.cps-dom.com) to order online. they have an office in miami, I have an account number and they ship what they recive for me to an office they have in my town where I can pick it up. It is the only way to get something more expensive than a postcard, otherwise it gets "lost" on the way.
As to why "so fast", some users were concerned about shipping and I wanted to be clear that they will not have to deal with international shipping.

#2 If you have registered a domain name for your business, why doesn't it have more? No pics, nothing. I guess while you wait you can build up your website into being more than just what you would find on a business card.

I said I registered the domain not that I have a web site
you can check that the domain was registered on the 23rd. I just put something on the page so it is not empty, no body was supposed to visit it yet. Nobody but my brother new of it existence.

As to why 2 threads, if you read the op you will see I was just trying to "BUY" something at a very good price. I thought maybe somebody has a quad he doesnt need or something like that. I didn't imagine that someone could be so nice as to actually donate something.

I open a thread in the classifieds for the people that may be looking to get rid of their quad and another in multirrotors talk for the people that were not thinking on selling their quad but may feel motivated to help me. Not everybody checks the classifieds, specially if you are not selling or buying.

My phone number is on "my site" but I'll pm it to you (or anyone that wants it) in case you want to talk to me.

All that said, I have to tell you all that I'm very touched by the generosity of the people in rcgroups. I didn't imagine that I would get this kind of support. I'm very new to socializing in the internet, and I see it could be a great way to meet and help people.

Thank you very much to all of you.
Alumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Enemy View Post
There are 2 threads on this? Why?

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1797130

Watch yourselves out there. Make sure this is legit before you send stuff out. I'm sure the op will have no problem with that if it's true. (But will disappear or have excuses if it's a scam...)

My questions.
#1 Why so quickly with the Miami ship address? If it's free from other members, I'm sure a home address would work too. The little extra wait is not that bad for free stuff!
#2 If you have registered a domain name for your business, why doesn't it have more? No pics, nothing. I guess while you wait you can build up your website into being more than just what you would find on a business card.

I don't mean to stir the pot, but at this point I'd like to see some member/members investigate where their items are going first. Especially money donations. Don't we have people in New York without homes in freezing weather? I realize we have come together for folks before, and it's wonderful. But lets get a little more info before we send out a few thousand dollars worth of the hottest stuff on the net to another country via a Miami courier to a guy that has barely a website, has been a member for a month and a half etc.

C.
alumina is offline Find More Posts by alumina
Old Dec 31, 2012, 02:07 PM
Joined Oct 2012
133 Posts
Hi Echo,
I thank you for your understanding.
But I don't have a facebook!!!
I don't know what page you checked, but it is not me
cheers
jonathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo75 View Post
While I agree with you that there is no need to have to threads on the same topic

I myself have lived in a Third World country before and home shipping addresses do not work ! In Many developing countries residences are never numerically arranged and towns are usually not planned .

As regards to his website , I do not know why there are no pictures on it but the guy does have the Facebook page with some music and dj stuff. He also mentions aerial photos there.

Finally I see no reason to put doubt any time you're donating for charity, If people feel moved to help this guy let them do it. Nobody is forcing anyone to give anything and I believe those who donate will still receive the positive karma they are entitled to , scam or not.

I personally think it's a great idea to help this guy out, It is a symbolic gesture from the community as a whole. The guy originally asked for parts he could BUY cheap, the idea to donate them free came from other members of the forum and I see nothing wrong with that.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 03:18 PM
Anything can be made to fly
Denmark, Capital Region of Denmark, Brondby
Joined Jun 2011
309 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alumina View Post
Hi Echo,
I thank you for your understanding.
But I don't have a facebook!!!
I don't know what page you checked, but it is not me
cheers
jonathan

No probems bro, When TheEnemy raised those accusations i did a few searches on the internet and came up with this facebook page
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Alumin...27033434020741

I thought i may be yours since it shares your company name and even mentions stuff like 'Videomapping' on it apparently it was not.

However i felt it was not fair that he began accusing you of being a scam just because you do not use a home shipping address or have not had time to build the website that you intend to use for your multirotor business not to even mention trying to suggest to people where they should send their charity or help instead.
echo75 is offline Find More Posts by echo75
Old Dec 31, 2012, 07:41 PM
Joined Oct 2012
133 Posts
I wish you all and your loved ones a beautiful new year!
thanks
alumina
Old Jan 01, 2013, 09:40 PM
Sodbust NW Kansas
United States, KS, Penokee
Joined Oct 2012
176 Posts
I am impressed with the offers to get you back into the air,, and the advice given by others who have paid dues to lean and understand the difference between the people who move forward and the ones who seem stuck in life..

I am a farmer and have to deal with unstable markets,, bad weather and this year REAL bad weather. I use to handle it all well and kept moving forward with a positive game plan.. But I will warn you after years of "lost dreams" and crushed hope it seems to get harder as I get older.. So bite off a huge chunk of life when young and you can rebound faster.. Sodbust
Sodbust is offline Find More Posts by Sodbust
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Just an old farmer... !!
Old Jan 02, 2013, 03:40 PM
AllAloneInSpaceAndTime
Canada, ON, Guelph
Joined Apr 2003
2,389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo75 View Post
No probems bro, When TheEnemy raised those accusations i did a few searches on the internet and came up with this facebook page
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Alumin...27033434020741

I thought i may be yours since it shares your company name and even mentions stuff like 'Videomapping' on it apparently it was not.

However i felt it was not fair that he began accusing you of being a scam just because you do not use a home shipping address or have not had time to build the website that you intend to use for your multirotor business not to even mention trying to suggest to people where they should send their charity or help instead.
Let's be VERY clear here...

Nothing I said was an "accusation" by any means. If it was, I would have worded it that way. I just said that it could very easily have been, and for you to assume otherwise is quite disrespectful/hurtful to me.

Corey
The Enemy is offline Find More Posts by The Enemy