SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 28, 2012, 02:11 PM
Dublin Ireland
Joined Aug 2005
827 Posts
Discussion
What's Your Plan For 2013

Hi Guys
just wondering whats your plan for 2013.Any new planes planned for the Building Board?
I had a bad year last year wrote off my Habu 32 and Schreiner L39 so I need to get one of these back on the table.I was thinking of doing a bog standard build of the Bu first. No Tams retracts or Stus Fan for now, just build stock and as light as possible. Or would you do the Savex L39 DEcisions Decisions.I know there are some of you out there with both so which is the easiest to fly?
Cheers
Steve.
STEVEAIR2 is offline Find More Posts by STEVEAIR2
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 28, 2012, 03:05 PM
Molde, Norway
Joined Jan 2001
2,454 Posts
I have a JTM xXx on order, that one is high on the list of things to get ready before the flying season starts around Easter, but first of all I need to get a ESM Bearcat finished, this one has of course been converted to electric power. After these two, the plan is to get some paint on a Aeronaut Panther, and then try to get my JHH Cougar finished off and flying sometime during the summer. And last but not least continue working on my Airworld F-5.

Should be enough to keep me happy I think, if not I also have a MR Aerodesign PC-6 Turbo Porter that I really should get finished off.
Arngeir Blakseth is offline Find More Posts by Arngeir Blakseth
Old Dec 28, 2012, 03:36 PM
Dublin Ireland
Joined Aug 2005
827 Posts
So Your Not that busy then !!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arngeir Blakseth View Post
I have a JTM xXx on order, that one is high on the list of things to get ready before the flying season starts around Easter, but first of all I need to get a ESM Bearcat finished, this one has of course been converted to electric power. After these two, the plan is to get some paint on a Aeronaut Panther, and then try to get my JHH Cougar finished off and flying sometime during the summer. And last but not least continue working on my Airworld F-5.

Should be enough to keep me happy I think, if not I also have a MR Aerodesign PC-6 Turbo Porter that I really should get finished off.
STEVEAIR2 is offline Find More Posts by STEVEAIR2
Old Dec 28, 2012, 04:13 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
22,013 Posts
ive got a number of projects this year! first i need to finish the repairs/upgrades to my 1/4 scale T-38, i also am finishing ron101's glass and paint work on his yellow twin F-18, im painting a yellow A-4 for p-dawg, ive got a modded RCL T-33 1/2 done. at some point this year im going to get back on my A-4, and luvevolution as offered me a deal i cant refuse on a yellow single F-18, so im sure at some point ill get on that
corsair nut is online now Find More Posts by corsair nut
Old Dec 28, 2012, 05:11 PM
Just having fun before I die!
DeKalb,IL
Joined Dec 2008
931 Posts
I got a Habu 32 to build this winter and pickup a Stumax 80mm for it. I also have a Steve Neill 90mm Ta-183 Huckebein the Steve himself built. Last summer I purchased it from Dave the former owner of EAM. Tried to fly it last year but I could get enough speed up on grass with retracts then I blew the ESC. So I'm going to remove the gear and bungee launch the Ta-183. I don't have experience with bungee launching so I picked up an E-Flite F-86 to practice with.
BadLemon is offline Find More Posts by BadLemon
Old Dec 28, 2012, 05:31 PM
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2011
1,143 Posts
I'm going to transfer my 90mm set up into a JEPE A-4 all composite airframe and..... I'm buying a turbine!!! I'm looking at a kingtech 80 and either a tornado or falcon 120. After that my wife will kill me if I build anything else as we are quickly running out of room for my models lol. Happy new year everyone!
firehawkzach is offline Find More Posts by firehawkzach
Old Dec 28, 2012, 06:53 PM
Da' Cajun
Lake Charles, Louisiana
Joined Jun 2009
2,868 Posts
Hope to have the MiG 19 in the air by our Spring fly-in.

Then start on a 90mm F-8.
Boogie_ is offline Find More Posts by Boogie_
Old Dec 28, 2012, 07:34 PM
United States, CA, Lancaster
Joined Jan 2009
1,243 Posts
Canard year.

#1 Presently in work is a Herschel HS P75. This will be an improved model that I built and flown about 2 years ago. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91337
#2 Lockheed L-133 with 2 ea 70mm fans. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=334483
Both will have over a 5' wingspan.
Still have two other planes that hopefully will finish also .
p901P901 is offline Find More Posts by p901P901
Old Dec 28, 2012, 07:50 PM
Molde, Norway
Joined Jan 2001
2,454 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVEAIR2 View Post
So Your Not that busy then !!!!!!!
Naah, I think I have at least 10 other projects stuffed away at home that either needs to be fixed, or picked up again if I ever get bored/run out of work. And another 5-10 plans of planes I'd like to build, and 3 planes I want to design/scratchbuild at some point in the future.

My problem is the lack of focus, I really need to work hard with myself to stay on track and work on one or at most two planes at a time, but it is hard when there are so many cool planes out there I'd love to have.
Arngeir Blakseth is offline Find More Posts by Arngeir Blakseth
Old Dec 28, 2012, 07:54 PM
Its a Condition not Addiction
United States, CA, Sunnyvale
Joined Jul 2008
2,908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVEAIR2 View Post
Hi Guys
just wondering whats your plan for 2013.Any new planes planned for the Building Board?
I had a bad year last year wrote off my Habu 32 and Schreiner L39 so I need to get one of these back on the table.I was thinking of doing a bog standard build of the Bu first. No Tams retracts or Stus Fan for now, just build stock and as light as possible. Or would you do the Savex L39 DEcisions Decisions.I know there are some of you out there with both so which is the easiest to fly?
Cheers
Steve.
I think the Bu is a much better plane...The Savex looks funny to me and flies to much like a trainer.

James
lashmett75 is offline Find More Posts by lashmett75
Old Dec 28, 2012, 09:29 PM
2014 EDF JET JAM We be Jamming
St. Louis Intl, Missouri, United States
Joined Jan 1997
6,797 Posts
Finish this darn X-32!
Kevin Cox is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Cox
Old Dec 28, 2012, 09:49 PM
Atlanta, GA
Joined Mar 2009
889 Posts
1. Finish building a Cermark MB-339 with a Wren 75 turbine.
2. Installing Radikal G30 mechanics into a MD500 helicopter fuselage.
3. Repair and paint my 90mm JTM L-39.
4. Finish building my ESM P-47 with DLE30 and smoke pump.
5. Build or sell my Hanger 9 Blue Nose P-51.
6. Build or sell my 1:12 Tamjet F-16 with TJ100 on 10s
7. Install 60mm Don's Wicked fan and motor combo into my Phazer.
8. Sell or repair my crashed JTM T-45 and Viperjet airframes.
Double E is offline Find More Posts by Double E
Old Dec 28, 2012, 11:26 PM
dallas tx
Joined Jun 2003
2,878 Posts
Firehawk, I plan on going to your estate sale and buying you jet's after you wife kills you, just keep buying those jet's!!!
capt soap is online now Find More Posts by capt soap
Old Dec 28, 2012, 11:34 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
get my Sepecat Jaguar finished and just fly more often than I did in 2012. got a DX18 that I'm not using as much as I should. LOL.
LuvEvolution7 is offline Find More Posts by LuvEvolution7
Old Dec 28, 2012, 11:59 PM
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2011
1,143 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by capt soap View Post
Firehawk, I plan on going to your estate sale and buying you jet's after you wife kills you, just keep buying those jet's!!!

I'll bet you could get my models for dirt cheap considering how mad she would be lol. I can't help myself. I guess it could be worse I could have a gambling addiction lol. I always tell her at least our son will have the best show and tell lol.
firehawkzach is offline Find More Posts by firehawkzach