HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by MTHead4u, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 12:21 PM
Having fun again!!
United States, AZ, Queen Creek
Joined Aug 2012
87 Posts
Discussion
er9x and Naza Setup

I figure the more this gets out there the more it can help others.

REMEMBER, NO PROPS while connected to the Assistant!

You will have a total of 4 mixes under CH5. The initial setting, 2 additions and one REPLACE (R) for the Fail Safe.
Setting the SOURCE as the 3POS switch.

Better look at a single setup for each mix. This shows the SOURCE and WEIGHT of the mix. In my version er9x 3POS is right after CH16 in the menu as seen here:

No other changes to the mix other then source and weight.

Continue to add the mixes and weights, then move on to the end points. The best thing is you can do all this while connected to the assistant and watch the slider move as you adjust it if the switch is in the correct position.

Adjusting the end point (travel for each switch setting (0=MAN, 1=Atti, 2=GPS) is a big part of it. On initial setup I did a lot of back and forth watching the slider in the DJI Assistant program. A better look at the End Points I had to set in order to get the Assistant slider to be in the center of each mode on CH5 (MAN/ATTi/GPS)

Make sure you check each MODE in the Assistant program when using the FS switch, this is where the end points really come into play. Put it in MAN and flip the FS Switch, does the slider light up in FS? do the same for ATTi and GPS, checking them all.

The above setup puts you in MAN=0, ATTi=1, GPS=2 the only drawback is if you don't turn off the er9x SWITCH alert. It will not fire up if you are not in the 0 MAN position and if you forget to switch to 1 or 2 for take off you might get a rude awakening taking off in MAN mode on a windy day. I just watch my Naza LED to remind me. The main reason I did it this way is so all manual flight is all switches forward (3POS, FS, and IROC) and all OMG help get this thing back is all switches back (3POS in GPS, IROC in home lock, and if that doesn't work FS back to activate)

IROC:
Here you can see the setup for the IROC, I choose HOME LOCK only this is a way better option for getting it back if you lose orientation but are not in serious trouble (instead of failsafe) so you can get it close and keep flying. This is an extremely helpful feature as when activated, be sure to check it out in the DJI manual.

I set it on the Rudder DR switch under CH6. If you look at the picture above notice that I Inverted the switch so normal flight is Switch forward and home lock is switch back. I did this to match the GEAR Switch and Fail Safe setting (Forward normal and back FS)

Just to confirm er9x firmwares.

Setting up FS on your FrSky Receiver if your running it:
REMOVE PROPS!!!
Fire up the Tx
Fire up you Rx
Set throttle to above 10% (per DJI Naza Manual) but I used 50%+
All other controls at 0
Activate Naza the FS switch on Tx
Press FS button on Rx (folloe FrSky manual for specifics)

Hope this helps
MTHead4u is offline Find More Posts by MTHead4u
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: er9x and Naza Setup
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 09, 2013, 09:13 PM
Leland
Joined Jul 2012
255 Posts
Well I can see this over six months old and nobody has replied...

Thanks for posting all of this it may prove useful for me.

I am currently trying to get PPM working through EZUHF 9XR and NAZA, but have been unsuccessful with many hours put it into.

As far as I can tell the stock firmware on the 9XR is the ER9X so this should help me.

Thanks.
Ljryeaiii is offline Find More Posts by Ljryeaiii
Old Jul 24, 2013, 12:51 PM
The Netherlands, ZH, Maasland
Joined Jun 2013
9 Posts
I just received my FrSky D8RII+ with XP FW and a 9XR.
I want to put them in the DJI Phantom.

I would like to have the 3POS for GPS/Atti/FS and another 3POS for off/CL/HL.
But there's only one 3POS so I think I will go without HL.

I think this posting will help me to figure anything out.
Ridder is offline Find More Posts by Ridder