SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 06, 2013, 05:33 PM
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined Oct 2005
2,747 Posts
George, does the Peacemaker, Aeromodeller, 1958 plans service qualify?
It reminds me of the Flite Streak.
I don’t know if this one was ever kitted or not.
Attached is the article and plan.

Rules
Model built from any plan which appeared in any “professional” UK published magazine. The model may be original size OR scaled up or down.
The model may be powered by the original method or by any alternative – e.g. rubber or IC power converted to electric, IC power converted to rubber etc.
The model may be flown as originally designed or converted to another flying method – e.g. F/F or C/L to radio, radio to F/F or C/L etc.
JohnAV8R is online now Find More Posts by JohnAV8R
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 06, 2013, 08:11 PM
United States, AR, Little Rock
Joined May 2005
128 Posts
I will join in this build with Wendy, designed by Brian Fry in Model aircraft 1954.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1803502
chris
cswee is offline Find More Posts by cswee
Last edited by cswee; Jan 06, 2013 at 08:21 PM. Reason: added link
Old Jan 07, 2013, 03:53 AM
I like real wooden aeroplanes!
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
4,994 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAV8R View Post
George, does the Peacemaker, Aeromodeller, 1958 plans service qualify?
I don’t know if this one was ever kitted or not.
Attached is the article and plan.

Rules
Model built from any plan which appeared in any “professional” UK published magazine. The model may be original size OR scaled up or down.
The model may be powered by the original method or by any alternative – e.g. rubber or IC power converted to electric, IC power converted to rubber etc.
The model may be flown as originally designed or converted to another flying method – e.g. F/F or C/L to radio, radio to F/F or C/L etc.
Yes John, the Peacemaker is fine. Although it has a family resemblance to the various sizes of kitted Flitestreaks, it was designed by George Aldrich conforming to the then UK normal combat model size (2.5 - 3.5 cc) specifically for publication in Aeromodeller. It may have been subsequently kitted but that doesn't affect it's eligibility. I look forward to seeing how you do it if you do take it on - another memory jogger as my brother-in-law and I built it in numbers when first published powered by various motors - AM35, Rivers Silver Arrow, Fox .19 etc., it was a great stunt/combat model

Quote:
Originally Posted by cswee View Post
I will join in this build with Wendy, designed by Brian Fry in Model aircraft 1954.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1803502
chris
Glad you are taking part cs, I have posted your entry and link. A friend of mine built a "Wendy" back in the day with single channel, escapement, radio and it was a very nice flier. Looking forward to seeing it again!
Sundancer is offline Find More Posts by Sundancer
Old Jan 07, 2013, 02:17 PM
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined Oct 2005
2,747 Posts
Peacemaker

"Britplan" Build Off - 1st January 2013 to 30th June 2013

Yes, confirmed, the Peacemaker, Aeromodeller, 1958 plans service qualify.

As George says, “… it has a family resemblance to the various sizes of kitted Flitestreaks, it was designed by George Aldrich conforming to the then UK normal combat model size (2.5 - 3.5 cc) specifically for publication in Aeromodeller. It may have been subsequently kitted but that doesn't affect it's eligibility. ”

Plans posted, #61
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1796717&page=5

Bill and myself have talked about getting back into U/C. So what better way to make the jump. I expect a couple of sizes (.049 and .35), a rough build (practice flying) and a nice build. It’s been over forty years since I had a .35 U/C and about 20 years since I tried to get my kids into modeling with 049’s. Have we lost the touch, only time will tell.
JohnAV8R is online now Find More Posts by JohnAV8R
Old Jan 08, 2013, 05:34 PM
United Kingdom, England, Lancs
Joined Jul 2012
113 Posts
I'm still bashing on with the Contestor but after that I quite fancy a A frame pusher, how to find a magazine plan for one of those? I did find a stash of old Aeromodellers for 10p a pop but they run ( with gaps) from the late 60s to 80s so no use there.

ATB

Tom
Froglube is offline Find More Posts by Froglube
Old Jan 08, 2013, 06:28 PM
Northumberland, England
Joined Jan 2007
653 Posts
I think there were plans of an A frame in AM April 1941 & July 1949. There is some reference in AM Feb 1987 but I don't know if this includes any drawings.
patmcc is offline Find More Posts by patmcc
Old Jan 08, 2013, 07:25 PM
RFJ
Northern Ireland
Joined Dec 2004
1,678 Posts
This is the one from July 1949 AM.

Ray
RFJ is offline Find More Posts by RFJ
Old Jan 09, 2013, 11:27 AM
RFJ
Northern Ireland
Joined Dec 2004
1,678 Posts
Tom,

This may be a more practical proposition. Jack Headley's R/C version of the 1915 Cook Riser. 47" span for two Cox .049s. Plan and construction article in June 1979 RCM.

Ray
Last edited by RFJ; Jan 09, 2013 at 12:46 PM.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 06:37 PM
Joined May 2009
604 Posts
Skyline Kitten

Build thread started here : http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1807783
cd_webb is offline Find More Posts by cd_webb
Old Jan 16, 2013, 08:36 AM
Stockport, UK
Joined Sep 2001
458 Posts
Late Entry

Bit late starting but hey ho! I give you The Travelling Tadpole.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1810509

Cheers
Ian
Ian Dale is offline Find More Posts by Ian Dale
Old Jan 16, 2013, 08:48 AM
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
4,994 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Dale View Post

Cheers
Ian
Glad to have you on board Ian, not late at all, after all there are still 5.1/2 months to go! We have 23 entries so far and I am hoping that a good few more will join in over the next month or two, 30 plus would be nice.

This is the second Tadpole, it will be interesting to compare the approaches of two builders doing the same basic design. I take it yours will be electric - are you planning on going for elevons or sticking with rudder?
Old Jan 16, 2013, 10:27 PM
1:1 scale is fun!
United States, NJ, Midland Park
Joined Feb 2009
465 Posts
Is it too late to jump in? I'm thinking of a Wren. I may size it down, I want to stay "Park Flyer" size and weight for electric RC. It looks pretty light but I may change that wing structure to a series of small spars instead of sheeting on the leading edge.
ECBoehm is offline Find More Posts by ECBoehm
Old Jan 17, 2013, 02:41 AM
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
4,994 Posts
Not at all too late EC - anyone can enter right up to the last minute if they want, after all there are still 5.1/2 months to go. I've added you to the entry list, please let me know when you start your build log.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 07:55 AM
RFJ
Northern Ireland
Joined Dec 2004
1,678 Posts
Quote:
I'm thinking of a Wren
Ah yes, the Wren. Always liked this cute little model and did consider it myself for the buildoff before choosing the Manx Monarch. Bob Woollett's designs are all appealing especially the Wren and it's big brother the Phoenix. Also like the shoulder wing Sprite and the Invicta glider.

For anyone interested here is the December 1948 Aeromodeller construction article for the Wren.

Ray
Old Jan 17, 2013, 04:44 PM
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
4,994 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Dale View Post

Cheers
Ian
Just to keep you up to date Ian, the other Tadpole builder has had a change of heart and is now building a Hatfull "President" instead so you have the Tadpole all to yourself!