HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Jack Crossfire, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 02:21 AM
Calif*
Joined Sep 2006
2,043 Posts
Discussion
Tablet rover reality

Tablet rovers (3 min 17 sec)

Now that was a disappointing rover. There are too many bits & not enough bandwidth, but instead of dropping packets, it buffers packets when the reception goes down. It seems to buffer on the tablet side only. Controls lag more & more, but video never seems to lag. Disabling video improves matters, slightly. Trying to disable buffering with java.net.DatagramSocket.setSendBufferSize didn't do anything.

The AR Drone solved this issue. It could be a more powerful, custom radio, but they still have to make due with the tablet buffering.
Jack Crossfire is offline Find More Posts by Jack Crossfire
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Dollar store haul
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 02, 2013, 01:02 AM
Joined Jan 2007
2 Posts
Hi, Jack.

I have really bad experience with C&CC WL-294 USB WiFi interface. I ordered a cheap chinese Android tablet that had one of these stuffed in, but the reception was so bad, that the tablet was only useful in the range of up to 5 meters from WRT-54GL router. A colleague made me a small patch antenna that I used to replace the small chip antenna, that comes on WL-294 (http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/3664...ost__p__174728) and the difference was more than noticeable.
NeoTO is offline Find More Posts by NeoTO
Last edited by NeoTO; Jan 02, 2013 at 01:16 AM.