Old Feb 05, 2013, 05:20 PM
Surf's up!!
United States, Mt, East Helena
Joined Oct 2005
1,473 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHVentus View Post
IHAVAWDY,

Dang that was funny. I would love to see Montana, even North Dakota, but I would prefer warmer climes, no white stuff on the ground, no seeing my breath, no ice-cycles hanging from my eyes & mouth, no layering of clothes, no handwarmers & gloves, no snowshoes & heavy boots, etc. Only slippas, T-shirts, & shorts, brah.
I guess you can try to visit in August then, but you still might want to bring a jacket

Sounds like my kind of weather, really What is the job situation like there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom Flyer View Post
Girl!! :-)
Slippas, T-shirts, and shorts IS how we fly with the white stuff on the ground. Just ask Sixty9mustang. :-)
Freedom,

I still have yet to see anyone wear shorts when I am, LOL! I think I wore pants once last year I think it was on my Anniversary, just for the wife although I did promise to try and wear them more this year, but so far that is not working out, HAHA! Besides it's been in the 40's here lately, not exactly winter weather, SO I expect to see everyone in shorts at our next TT meeting (maybe tomorrow).

Chip
Who has not enough sense to dress appropriately
sixty9mustang is offline Find More Posts by sixty9mustang
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 05, 2013, 06:34 PM
registered weapon
United States, MT
Joined Mar 2008
3,265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHVentus View Post
IHAVAWDY,

Only slippas, T-shirts, & shorts, brah.
I know Ventus, that's all that I owned when I moved back to the mainland.... But I got lots of winter clothes now so that's no excuse. something here will fit you. Just bring your ice skates...
IHAVAWDY is offline Find More Posts by IHAVAWDY
Old Feb 05, 2013, 06:40 PM
registered weapon
United States, MT
Joined Mar 2008
3,265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Canardly View Post
I just want you fellas to know I got the new- new Beta Version- so IHAV is 3rd in line for the CAD
Yeah Cap'n, You're the best! I gotta get you the files man. I've been peeling logs for the last couple of days. I don't even know if I got the strength to feed myself right now!
Old Feb 05, 2013, 09:37 PM
Hawaii
Joined Feb 2009
1,115 Posts
IHAVAWDY,

Ice skates? What are those? I haven't had a pair of those on my feet since the 60's.
SHVentus is online now Find More Posts by SHVentus
Old Feb 05, 2013, 10:08 PM
who has rabbit ears down
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jan 2007
3,634 Posts
and I haven't sent you a sample of needed datas yet- till ready- steady---
Captain Canardly is online now Find More Posts by Captain Canardly
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: One printer running!
Old Feb 06, 2013, 07:48 AM
registered weapon
United States, MT
Joined Mar 2008
3,265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Canardly View Post
Yeah- the advantages of apartment and unemployment- let's a guy have time for custom nose jobs like these!
love the thermal sniffing cad nose # 2...
Old Feb 06, 2013, 08:57 AM
Planecrazy
Bozeman Area
Joined Apr 2008
431 Posts
Gotcha Covered

SHVentus,

I think between Keith and myself we gotcha covered, Wool bibs, Thinsulate, Down jackets, face masks, wool mittens from our woolen shop, break open hand warmers, I even have iceskates so we can jog that memory of yours! As Bob Barker would say "Come on Down" FF

Chip,

It is like spring time here compared to Dakota, Hard to believe I'm 3000 feet lower in elevation and having worse weather. You can have the shorts in this climate, I concede, you are more of a man than I am and 3 times what my two sist.....er brothers are. :-) I've got one brother who wears earmuffs when It's light jacket weather, Sorry Wayne, I couldn't resist. FF
Freedom Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Freedom Flyer
Last edited by Freedom Flyer; Feb 06, 2013 at 02:04 PM.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 12:11 PM
who has rabbit ears down
Joined Jan 2007
3,634 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Stinkpot View Post
LoL, Cap'n! You gonna CnC that first one? How much improvement does that special, highly engineered shape give over the traditional conical form?
By entrapping needed re's(Renold's #s) and thrusting through the knot, we are able to acheive the never landing super non sinker- just working out the thrust ejector boom tub and ejection nozzle
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 06, 2013, 05:30 PM
Good, fast or cheap, pick two
Napa, California
Joined Jul 2006
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHAVAWDY View Post
I've been peeling logs for the last couple of days. I don't even know if I got the strength to feed myself right now!
Okay, I have to ask... how the heck do they do that??? I've always wondered where those extremely clean logs come from Sounds exhausting, however it's done. Wine-thirty time my friend! Okay, maybe something a little stronger is in order...?

Cheers,

Rob
robh is offline Find More Posts by robh
Old Feb 06, 2013, 06:19 PM
registered weapon
United States, MT
Joined Mar 2008
3,265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robh View Post
Okay, I have to ask... how the heck do they do that??? I've always wondered where those extremely clean logs come from Sounds exhausting, however it's done. Wine-thirty time my friend! Okay, maybe something a little stronger is in order...?

Cheers,

Rob
By using a draw knife and every muscle that you have in your body. The next day is when it really becomes fun when you find soar muscles that you didn't even know that you owned...kinda like doing 2300 sit-ups and 4000 push-ups before lunch. A demonstration video to give you an idea, but really something that you have to do to fully apreciate.
Montana School of Log Building:Peeling House Logs with a drawknife (1 min 40 sec)
Last edited by IHAVAWDY; Feb 06, 2013 at 06:26 PM.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 06:24 PM
who has rabbit ears down
Joined Jan 2007
3,634 Posts
hey now- i bet i could build a machine for that!
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 06, 2013, 06:27 PM
registered weapon
United States, MT
Joined Mar 2008
3,265 Posts
They got 'em... but that's really the point, to make it look non-machined? More $$$, hand crafted...
Old Feb 06, 2013, 07:56 PM
slope'n the Colombian Andes
Colombia, Antioquia, Girardota
Joined Mar 2001
4,692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihavawdy View Post
soar muscles
: )
ShredAir is offline Find More Posts by ShredAir
Old Feb 06, 2013, 08:10 PM
registered weapon
United States, MT
Joined Mar 2008
3,265 Posts
higher launches.... more bungee stretch
Old Feb 07, 2013, 06:11 AM
delete account
Australia, QLD, Fraser Island
Joined Nov 2007
3,875 Posts
Coorrr, you for real woody, that's hard graft\! I remember riding towards Albany southern WA and saw the bark stripping machines in action, freaking awesome action! the noise and the rate they spent stripped pine logs out their mouths was something else.

Got a pic somewhere, give us a tic. Not taking away from what you do, just a new appreciation for hand work.
atmosteve is offline Find More Posts by atmosteve
Closed Thread