HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by 59er9er, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 04:01 PM
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Nov 2012
98 Posts
Discussion
Indoor flight

My son and I flew the a Uberlite monoplane indoors today. My wife told me that the office space across the hallway from her company was unfinished. It was almost perfect, enough space to do slow wide turns and since its unfinished a nice concrete floor to do ROGs and landings on. I'm still impressed with not just the flight characteristics of this thing but also how durable it is. It crashed into a window today and had a few rough landings, one where we lost radio control so the prop continued to strike the floor and no damage. I'm now looking for my own set to take to the office with me.
59er9er is offline Find More Posts by 59er9er
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Lunch time fun
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 28, 2012, 07:59 AM
Canada, ON, London
Joined May 2011
1,359 Posts
That's the one with the "actuators" instead of proportional servos right? I've been wanting to know how it compares.... is it twitchy with control movements or reasonably smooth?

Thanks
J
uberjay is offline Find More Posts by uberjay
Old Jan 02, 2013, 12:25 PM
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Nov 2012
98 Posts
J, correct it is the one with actuators and they're slightly twitchy in actuation but nothing that affects flight. It's so smooth and easily controllable with the slightest inputs. If its true that these are no longer being made that would be too bad. I don't have a Night Vapor to compare it to but I can say that this is quite tough. Still haven't broken the prop yet, which was my biggest concern when we first bought it. Maybe a bad early batch I CF props were breaking but ours is incredibly strong yet flexible.
59er9er is offline Find More Posts by 59er9er
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Lunch time fun