HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 03, 2013, 05:06 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,737 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopDave View Post
Me too Chris, I had my VMX outside the week before Christmas with the Super Moto slicks on it to try out my new wheely bar. Even with the slicks on it, it would still accelerate and steer and power slide too thru the grass . An amazing RC vehicle!
I'm constantly amazed Dave lol.
chktm is offline Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RV Track Pics
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 04, 2013, 02:35 PM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,871 Posts
Well guys I have glued my rear tire on did not want to as I have the off road tires that I wanted to try and if the gyro needs work I am stuck so to speak
steve bisco is offline Find More Posts by steve bisco
Old Jan 06, 2013, 10:11 AM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,871 Posts
Took the ARX out today, got to say I am very dissapointed with this bike, not even one run before the gyro gave up on me and started howeling, tried to keep running it but I gave up. The steering just seems to flop over from one side to the other even with the springs backed off as far as they can go they seem too tight but think if you had them any softer it would not turn, steel crashbars worn away after very little run time, really dont know where I should go from here, I was expecting great things from this bike, here are a few pics of the gyro after I had got the tire off and got it apart again its just a real mess in there.
Last edited by steve bisco; Jan 06, 2013 at 04:17 PM.
Old Jan 06, 2013, 02:33 PM
AR Racing
Italy, near Milan
Joined Mar 2005
930 Posts
hi Steve.
a bearing of the flywheel is missing.
did you assemble it out did you get it already assembled?
ciao
Jena67 is offline Find More Posts by Jena67
Old Jan 06, 2013, 03:53 PM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,871 Posts
No I have that bearing it came out on the shaft and I took it off for the pics, it looks like all the clutch assembly is trying to push its way forward into the flywheel and it all binds up as there is only that thin disc to hold it all on, plus is it right that one side of the wheel shaft sticks out more than the other, I mean the locknut on one side only goes on half way to the swinging arm and the other side the lock nut goes on all the way to the nylon part of the nut as it should, what it needs is a C clip to hold that thin plastic disc on that holds the clutch shoes in place, but that would make the shaft even shorter. I have asked on your site about the electric gyro, thinking of making it speed up and slow down like the Kyosho.
Last edited by steve bisco; Jan 06, 2013 at 07:22 PM.
Old Jan 07, 2013, 09:40 AM
Joined Jan 2013
2 Posts
hi friend

I have to put 2 or 4 gear on the item:
X-032?
In item X-032 having 4 axes where one puts gear gyro. Which is correct? Second or fourth gear. What should I do?
Put grease on the gears?
I bought the ARX-540 nitro pro kit.
thank you
Hamilton Gomes is offline Find More Posts by Hamilton Gomes
Old Jan 07, 2013, 05:43 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamilton Gomes View Post
hi friend

I have to put 2 or 4 gear on the item:
X-032?
In item X-032 having 4 axes where one puts gear gyro. Which is correct? Second or fourth gear. What should I do?
Put grease on the gears?
I bought the ARX-540 nitro pro kit.
thank you
Hi, the pro kit should have 4 gears like this, & no grease on the gears leave them dry.
Throttlejunkie is offline Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
Last edited by Throttlejunkie; Jan 07, 2013 at 06:22 PM.
Old Jan 08, 2013, 12:25 AM
dammachines
United States, DC, Washington
Joined Feb 2004
1,408 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopDave View Post
You are probably correct Dave, especially since you have studied these crazy bikes longer than most of us combined! BUT THAT SLOW FINAL ROTATION at the 1:37 point of the vid after he lays the bike down, just looks spooky!
This is spooky! Even in reverse!

Using NI Single-Board RIO and LabVIEW to Create a Gyroscopic Bicycle Stabilization System (1 min 50 sec)
dmincin is offline Find More Posts by dmincin
Old Jan 08, 2013, 07:17 AM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,871 Posts
I have found out that the nylon part has come away from the steel flywheel it was lose, I took it apart and found there were 3 holes drilled in the nylon as though pins once went in there to stop this happening. I have drilled through the steel ring so they line up with the holes in the nylon centre and screwed it on with 3mm screws, then clocked up the flywheel and trued up the bores and sleeved them to get the gyro running true, still got lots of end float and shaft sticks out one side more that the other, taking it to work for another look.
Old Jan 08, 2013, 07:52 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve bisco View Post
I have found out that the nylon part has come away from the steel flywheel it was lose, I took it apart and found there were 3 holes drilled in the nylon as though pins once went in there to stop this happening. I have drilled through the steel ring so they line up with the holes in the nylon centre and screwed it on with 3mm screws, then clocked up the flywheel and trued up the bores and sleeved them to get the gyro running true, still got lots of end float and shaft sticks out one side more that the other, taking it to work for another look.
It should have had screws in it Steve my old one has, & the shaft should not be sticking out further one side, here is a pic of my old one, do you have the right spacers fitted? you should have a 7.5mm spacer on the gear side & on the other side it say's in the manual to use a 4mm spacer but on mine they have added another c-clip to to the shaft 2mm from the first c-clip & then have used a 2mm spacer instead, i also had to shim between the flywheel & first c-clip to stop side play in the flywheel.
Throttlejunkie is offline Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
Old Jan 08, 2013, 08:16 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2007
663 Posts
The holes were there for the old gyro weight, which was lighter.
The newer one is machined, heavier and press-fitted to the nylon part.

I have both on the eGyro, and use them as setup options.
Gartenzwerg is offline Find More Posts by Gartenzwerg
Old Jan 13, 2013, 12:59 PM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,871 Posts
Throttlejunkie thanks, been out with the bike today and apart from very poor range from the Fly Sky FS-GT3B radio it ran ok, Still cant get the steering right, Im sure the steering springs are too strong, they are the new progressive type but it just seems to flop the bike down on the bars no matter how carefull you are. The gyro seems to be running free as you can hear it spinning long after the wheel has stopped so thats one job done and I made some spacers to get the same amount of axle length each side.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 02:20 PM
MY '75 CZ "FALTA REPLICA" 2010
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve bisco View Post
Throttlejunkie thanks, been out with the bike today and apart from very poor range from the Fly Sky FS-GT3B radio it ran ok, Still cant get the steering right, Im sure the steering springs are too strong, they are the new progressive type but it just seems to flop the bike down on the bars no matter how carefull you are. The gyro seems to be running free as you can hear it spinning long after the wheel has stopped so thats one job done and I made some spacers to get the same amount of axle length each side.
Steve, Have you tried setting the EPA of the steering down? You only need enough travel in the servo to move the forks to the mechanical stops or even less on some set ups. Maybe a little expo too if needed if the springs are the problem. (seems like the progressive springs should have a similar effect as the expo, unless they are too stiff on the soft end too.) Just trying to help!
TopDave is offline Find More Posts by TopDave
Old Jan 14, 2013, 11:36 AM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,871 Posts
Top Dave I have knocked the EPA down to 45% but still slams it down hard, sure its those springs or the strange steering set up, sure this bike would be better with a standard front end like the Anderson and not the Ricky set up, its all so stiff it cant self centre, will ball race the whole lot and see what happens.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 12:48 AM
Australia, VIC, Coburg
Joined Oct 2007
646 Posts
Sorry guys, i dont know if this is the right place to ask but are there motard tyres and wheels from this bike compatible on the Iron track mx400 ?
pokiou is offline Find More Posts by pokiou