California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,780 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbie53 View Post
here my Hfive3 without gyro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACCR0g_6kSc

ciao dani
I dont get it. Its a modified arx your calling h53. If there is no gyro why did you spin the wheels then slam the bike on the table and then set it perfectly upright? Interesting whatever it is you did lol.
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 02, 2013, 05:48 AM
Italy
Joined Feb 2011
50 Posts
so thoughtless it makes and asks questions .hehhehe

this time for the skeptics very very sweet....no gyro ,without additional trim lead weights, no fake
only 2 years of hard work, in search of the ultimat 1:4 bike...........and a magic word
this time with the chain. have to sell now a bike-stand

Hfive3 (1 min 45 sec)

dmincin@

if no new AR RACING rims (without gyro) and makes better tires , you buy at least 100 couple rims/tires
so i can possibly make a business talk with mister roadies...........the best is good enough for us. or?

ciao dani
herbie53 is offline Find More Posts by herbie53
Last edited by herbie53; Jan 02, 2013 at 05:54 AM.
Old Jan 02, 2013, 06:14 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,813 Posts
Quote:
so thoughtless it makes and asks questions .hehhehe

this time for the skeptics very very sweet....no gyro ,without additional trim lead weights, no fake
only 2 years of hard work, in search of the ultimat 1:4 bike...........and a magic word
this time with the chain. have to sell now a bike-stand

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Zjf2kuqbyo

dmincin@

if no new AR RACING rims (without gyro) and makes better tires , you buy at least 100 couple rims/tires
so i can possibly make a business talk with mister roadies...........the best is good enough for us. or?

ciao dani
I can't see the video it is private

Are you going to make the Hfive3 bike for sale & have you tried it on dirt.
Throttlejunkie is offline Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
Old Jan 02, 2013, 06:51 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlejunkie View Post
I can't see the video it is private

Are you going to make the Hfive3 bike for sale & have you tried it on dirt.
I'd be very interested to see if it works on dirt .
chktm is offline Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More bike fun
Old Jan 02, 2013, 11:25 AM
Italy
Joined Feb 2011
50 Posts
sorry

Hfive3 (1 min 45 sec)

sell ? who knows
possibly, but only if it does 110%

no cross ,is tuned only for onroad
herbie53 is offline Find More Posts by herbie53
Old Jan 02, 2013, 01:15 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,780 Posts
Sorry, wasnt trying to be thoughtless Herbie, just asking questions because what your doing to the bike is so strange. Sorry, not really the place to discuss since its Steve's ARX thread.
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Jan 02, 2013, 03:29 PM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,821 Posts
I think its great, looks like things are going to change ! will watch this and put the electric gyro on hold
steve bisco is offline Find More Posts by steve bisco
Old Jan 02, 2013, 04:03 PM
Joined Jan 2013
2 Posts
Hello friends. Can anyone help me ride my ARX 540 nitro mechanics Gyro. I am having difficulty setting. I do not know how many I put in gear piece: X-032/332. There are people who speak two or four
Thanks for your attention
Hamilton Gomes is offline Find More Posts by Hamilton Gomes
Old Jan 02, 2013, 04:25 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,674 Posts
Quote:
sorry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Zjf2kuqbyo

sell ? who knows
possibly, but only if it does 110%

no cross ,is tuned only for onroad
No good for me then lol .
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 02, 2013, 04:50 PM
MY '75 CZ "FALTA REPLICA" 2010
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chktm View Post
No good for me then lol .
Chris, that thing must have a non-rear-wheel gyro somewhere in the chasis because if you look at about the 1:35 mark in the vid, when he lays the bike on it's side, it rotates slowly over as it settles to the desk top. That means it might be adaptable (tunable) to off road doesn't it? What makes the rear wheel gyro so necessary other than that's the only place it fits? lol.
TopDave is online now Find More Posts by TopDave
Old Jan 02, 2013, 07:08 PM
dammachines
United States, DC, Washington
Joined Feb 2004
1,388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopDave View Post
Chris, that thing must have a non-rear-wheel gyro somewhere in the chasis because if you look at about the 1:35 mark in the vid, when he lays the bike on it's side, it rotates slowly over as it settles to the desk top. That means it might be adaptable (tunable) to off road doesn't it? What makes the rear wheel gyro so necessary other than that's the only place it fits? lol.
All a fixed mount spinning gyro can do is exert a torque as it attempts to precess as the bike is leaning over. It can't make a bike stand up like that. If it were a gyro doing that it would have to be rotated under servo control to keep the bike upright, and you would see the bike leaning back and forth as it corrects itself...

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that all dani is trying to show us is that his bike is balanced really freaking well...

Dave
dmincin is offline Find More Posts by dmincin
Last edited by dmincin; Jan 02, 2013 at 07:48 PM. Reason: corrected tense
Old Jan 02, 2013, 07:21 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopDave View Post
I'm not sure about that bike Dave but I'm under the impression a rear wheel gyro that works gives the dirt bike all the grip in the world. I'm not sure by having the gyro elsewhere in the bike that the grip level would be the same? To be honest with you Dave I can not complain about the way my bike handles and finds grip, take and lands jumps etc even with the gyro. I would be happy with this forever as mine handles as good as my big bike .
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 02, 2013, 07:23 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmincin View Post
All a fixed mount spinning gyro can do is exert a torque as it attempts to precess when the bike is leaned over. It can't make a bike stand up like that. If it were a gyro doing that it would have to be rotated under servo control to keep the bike upright, and you would see the bike leaning back and forth as it corrects itself...

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that all dani is trying to show us is that his bike is balanced really freaking well...

Dave
Who knows, such secrecy
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 02, 2013, 10:04 PM
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chktm View Post
I'm not sure about that bike Dave but I'm under the impression a rear wheel gyro that works gives the dirt bike all the grip in the world. I'm not sure by having the gyro elsewhere in the bike that the grip level would be the same? To be honest with you Dave I can not complain about the way my bike handles and finds grip, take and lands jumps etc even with the gyro. I would be happy with this forever as mine handles as good as my big bike .
Me too Chris, I had my VMX outside the week before Christmas with the Super Moto slicks on it to try out my new wheely bar. Even with the slicks on it, it would still accelerate and steer and power slide too thru the grass . An amazing RC vehicle!
Old Jan 02, 2013, 10:13 PM
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmincin View Post
All a fixed mount spinning gyro can do is exert a torque as it attempts to precess as the bike is leaning over. It can't make a bike stand up like that. If it were a gyro doing that it would have to be rotated under servo control to keep the bike upright, and you would see the bike leaning back and forth as it corrects itself...

Dave
You are probably correct Dave, especially since you have studied these crazy bikes longer than most of us combined! BUT THAT SLOW FINAL ROTATION at the 1:37 point of the vid after he lays the bike down, just looks spooky!