HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Power Up, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 03:02 PM
Back Yard Flyer
Northern Ontario
Joined Mar 2007
1,571 Posts
Discussion
A little picker-upper to offset the Winter Blues!

Well the old Trex 500CF purchased Mid-July 2008 is going under the knife Received the DFC parts today, along with a full bearing set, FBL unit / Rx / and a few other goodies… Talk about bringing out the kid in me (nothing but giggles and grins) I’m pumped!

Actually it was a double whammy . UPS dropped off my pride & joy - 68 Gretsch Tennessean (6119). I had sent it in for a fret job + rewire one of the HiloTron’s. Great to have my baby back. Just love the broad range of tones, from brilliant highs to mellow lows with the flick of a switch. Just like Idle Up … Double stoked!!

BTW… this babies been in my life for 45 years. Just one of the Gretsch lineup that the late Chet Atkins had his signature on. It was also a fav of the late George Harrison (Beatles) in his early years, along with the late Davey Jones (Monkees) Hmmm… bless their souls but I see a trend here .
Power Up is offline Find More Posts by Power Up
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 27, 2012, 05:26 PM
Joined Aug 2011
180 Posts
Looks like a Brian Setzer. I like to play the blues, or play at playing the blues. I have a much cheaper Sheraton semi-hollowbody but I like my really cheap Fender Telecaster (Mex) - and my Fender accoustic and Traveller and Epiphone Custom Les Paul and a funny little Peavy Composer that has a brittle - tenor voice but great for the blues. Never had a great guitar like yours though once had a pawn shop special Rickenbacker that I wish I had kept. Guitars are great - playing them is even better.
FeiJi is offline Find More Posts by FeiJi
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: P51 Landing Gear
Old Dec 28, 2012, 02:59 PM
Back Yard Flyer
Northern Ontario
Joined Mar 2007
1,571 Posts
Yes, Setzer has a large collection of Vintage guitars and is presently endorsed by Gretsch. Great player, love his stuff. I’m a rock & roller at heart, the era I grew up in, but depending on my mood – blues, country, classical… it’s all good! I also have a couple of lower-end ones for bangin’ around with…

My last years of High School … 66-67 I had a solid body white vinyl Hofner, wish I would have held on to that one. My first taste at what fantastic necks were all about…

Sounds like you have a neat collection happening. The reviews on your Epiphone Custom Les Paul have been outstanding .
Old Jan 05, 2013, 01:59 PM
United States, IL, Lombard
Joined May 2009
3,337 Posts
Very Cool Al! Some new life for your heil and guitar!! I'd be grinning too

Winter again. No snow here, for the 2nd year in a row (so far). We'll see, but many are saying this may be the new 'norm'. Kids aren't happy to hear that though ...

As we speak I'm expecting some packages too - paddles, tools, parts, etc. Gotta love PayPal

Don't fret over that 'trend' (sorry) - they didn't have RC helis so that makes you unique. Whatever you do - don't sign it !!!

EDIT: I guess I lied - it just started snowing ... Looks like our white Christmas just got here
FR4-Pilot is offline Find More Posts by FR4-Pilot
Last edited by FR4-Pilot; Jan 05, 2013 at 03:56 PM.
Old Jan 06, 2013, 07:14 PM
Back Yard Flyer
Northern Ontario
Joined Mar 2007
1,571 Posts
John… Thanks again for dropping in . Yes, that was a very good day. After giving it a thorough inspection, tuned her up and played for close to two hours, non-stop . My wife poked her head in a couple of times with a big smile; she knew I was a happy camper .

I’ve almost completed the overhaul on the 500. The head sure looks bare compared to the FB. I’m going to take a side by side shot later, grips sit 34mm lower than its cousin. I kinda like the look and the ol’ bird was due for a facelift. Anyhow that was my excuse; I love to personally justify some of these un-necessary purchases…

So you are finally getting a little snow. Yeah, kids love the stuff. New “norm” I believe it. We don’t get near the storms of years gone by, although there seems to be areas that still get a good dumping. Presently we have about 20”, which is remarkable for this time of the year. We still have a long way to go though, and fully expect to get our fair share.

Yes, those packages, dang they can bring the kid out in us and yes... gotta love PayPal.

I’m OK with the “trend” it was as I was typing my fav players that had a direct link to the -G- that it hit me… I was going to delete it but thought, that would be just foolish; I mean, we’re all going to end up there eventually, nonetheless - Thank You for the guitar/heli unique feature. That was pretty decent…

Anyhow, I’m having too damn much fun with this helicopter hobby. No kidding, this hobby and all that it encompasses sure came into my life at a perfect time.

Gotta run!