HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 02, 2013, 02:03 PM
United States, CA, Garden Grove
Joined Oct 2000
11,368 Posts
The Final Decision- Drum Rollllllllll!

I gritted my teeth, called my LHS , Rob's Hobbies, and had him order me an A9 with Optima 7, wall charger and HPP-22 interface. He gives a discount to Harbor Soaring Society members. I'm confident that the touch screen and graphics will make programming intuitive. I'll just have to be more careful to check for right model name, etc.

The fact that I already have the Eclipse 7 with 2.4 GHz module for backup, and three Optima receivers helped sway me. I'm sure that either the DX-8 or A-9 are good products.

Thanks for all the inputs.
E-Challenged is online now Find More Posts by E-Challenged
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 02, 2013, 02:30 PM
USA, TX, Trophy Club
Joined May 2002
14,444 Posts
The A9 is a great system - and the touch screen absolutely rocks. I think you will be happy.
pda4you is offline Find More Posts by pda4you
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 02, 2013, 07:39 PM
Yes, "that" Karl...
Canada, BC, Burnaby
Joined Mar 2007
1,680 Posts
Good choice. When programming, just remember that this radio uses condition based programming. Learn to use flight conditions and the "C" and "S" options and so many programming variables open up to you.
karl k is offline Find More Posts by karl k
Old Jan 02, 2013, 09:56 PM
You can't take the sky from me
United States, OH, Cincinnati
Joined Aug 2011
1,079 Posts
Good choice! Welcome to the club
copperbricks is offline Find More Posts by copperbricks
Old Jan 21, 2013, 09:34 AM
Deutschland, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Geilenkirchen
Joined Aug 2007
772 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambalunga View Post
Your SPS-port works only up to 8S................................................ .................................................. .................................................. .........When the drive battery fail and this happen frequently as a RX-battery fail. Then fall you with your SPC-Port out of the sky.
8 Cells LiPo as a drive battery is already a really big one ........... sufficient for a huge number of models.

And, by the way: If the drive battery fails (what is normally the only existing battery on board of a model airplane), your model will fall out of the sky anyway .......

Udo
udogigahertz is offline Find More Posts by udogigahertz