HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by Steveis, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 01:22 PM
Quarry Rat
South Africa, KZN, Durban
Joined Aug 2007
239 Posts
Hi Steve,

Thanks, the servo now works! :-D I'm happy that I could help...

One new thing that I noticed is that the ESCs for M1 & M2 only arms after the board is armed - same as it was doing when I made changes to the stock v1.5 firmware with your app...
AndreKotze is online now Find More Posts by AndreKotze
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 14, 2013, 02:00 AM
New Zealand, Canterbury, Christchurch
Joined Dec 2012
1,422 Posts
Hi Steve

Any chance you could compile this as a 32bit binary at least?

All my machines are 64bit Windows and they can no longer run 16 bit software.

Thanks
WendoNZ is offline Find More Posts by WendoNZ
Old Jan 14, 2013, 02:03 AM
Quarry Rat
Joined Aug 2007
239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WendoNZ View Post
Hi Steve

Any chance you could compile this as a 32bit binary at least?

All my machines are 64bit Windows and they can no longer run 16 bit software.

Thanks
Hi Wendo,

If you can do what I did. Get VMWare Workstation and set up a 32bit virtual machine - works like a charm...

Regards,
Old Jan 14, 2013, 02:16 AM
AVR Dude
United Kingdom, England, Cnwll
Joined Jul 2011
1,693 Posts
I'm afraid I don't have the ability to compile a 64 bit version.
Steveis is offline Find More Posts by Steveis
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 14, 2013, 01:43 PM
Quarry Rat
Joined Aug 2007
239 Posts
Hi Steve,

I plugged a servo into the M1 output to see what kind of signal it receives. When the battery is connected the servo will bind to the low throttle position. It will bind for 1 second, then stop for 1 second, bind for 1 second, and stop 1 second again. It does this until the I arm the board...
Old Jan 15, 2013, 04:07 AM
New Zealand, Canterbury, Christchurch
Joined Dec 2012
1,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveis View Post
I'm afraid I don't have the ability to compile a 64 bit version.
It would only need to be a 32bit version, 64bit windows can still run 32bit, just not 16 bit :/

A VM is a work around, however I'd really rather not have to dedicate a chunk of ram to a VM just for this if I don't have too.
WendoNZ is offline Find More Posts by WendoNZ
Old Jan 15, 2013, 04:44 AM
Quarry Rat
Joined Aug 2007
239 Posts
Quote:
It would only need to be a 32bit version, 64bit windows can still run 32bit, just not 16 bit :/

A VM is a work around, however I'd really rather not have to dedicate a chunk of ram to a VM just for this if I don't have too.
True, however my VM is only 256mb with a 20gb HDD - just enough for XP to load...
Old Jan 16, 2013, 01:07 PM
AVR Dude
Joined Jul 2011
1,693 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreKotze View Post
Hi Steve,

I plugged a servo into the M1 output to see what kind of signal it receives. When the battery is connected the servo will bind to the low throttle position. It will bind for 1 second, then stop for 1 second, bind for 1 second, and stop 1 second again. It does this until the I arm the board...
This is slightly poor programming on my part as I wait while flashing the LED on and off to provide status information if your display is broken. While I wait in my own little loop, there are no pulses sent to the motor outputs. Of couse, I don't do this when it is armed.

I could fix it by counting the number of times the main program is looped (thus providing a different kind of delay to turn the led on and off) but I'm afraid I don't have the time at the moment.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 16, 2013, 01:10 PM
AVR Dude
Joined Jul 2011
1,693 Posts
Quote:

I think it is 8 bit I'm using an old IDE from my college days I'm afraid.....
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 16, 2013, 02:15 PM
Quarry Rat
Joined Aug 2007
239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveis View Post
This is slightly poor programming on my part as I wait while flashing the LED on and off to provide status information if your display is broken. While I wait in my own little loop, there are no pulses sent to the motor outputs. Of couse, I don't do this when it is armed.

I could fix it by counting the number of times the main program is looped (thus providing a different kind of delay to turn the led on and off) but I'm afraid I don't have the time at the moment.
Thanks for the feedback Steve. Just to confirm then this wont affect anything else once the board is armed and I am flying?
Old Jan 16, 2013, 03:02 PM
AVR Dude
Joined Jul 2011
1,693 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreKotze View Post
Thanks for the feedback Steve. Just to confirm then this wont affect anything else once the board is armed and I am flying?
Correct, I have no code that runs when the board is armed.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 16, 2013, 11:03 PM
Quarry Rat
Joined Aug 2007
239 Posts
Great stuff! Back to flying then this weekend... :-D
Old Jan 17, 2013, 03:58 AM
Quarry Rat
Joined Aug 2007
239 Posts
One more thing Steve: Why was M1 & M2 not pulsing with your previous version, or is that all linked to issue you had with your logic?
Old Mar 15, 2013, 12:43 AM
Joined Mar 2013
1 Posts
This is great! I'm having some trouble though. Whenever I use the nolcd program, it seems to get hung up on reading the flash memory. Any ideas?

The version 5 firmware seems to be loaded appropriately (with usbtiny, I force loaded it using avrdude and the m324p chip) - I get the 7 red short flashes and then it starts over. I can't figure out what's wrong other than probably using stock setup that isn't setup because I can't get the nolcd program working.
dsmolk is offline Find More Posts by dsmolk
Old Apr 18, 2013, 07:11 PM
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Apr 2013
113 Posts
AVR Dude, This is awesome. I have been asking on other forums if anyone had a "BLIND MENU TREE" so I could navigate to the screen for leveling the sensors. No replies for weeks. My display pixels went crazy & even displayed mirror style for a while before it quit. The plane still fly’s but I need to finish trimming it out.
My question is will I be able to do this with the bare minimum DOS experience. Do I actually manually perform DOS commands?
fxfoley is offline Find More Posts by fxfoley
Closed Thread