HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 27, 2012, 10:14 AM
Canada, ON, Greater Sudbury
Joined Nov 2011
111 Posts
Discussion
To Cyclops Storm or not Cyclops Storm OSD

Good morning, as titled, looking really hard at this newest version, RTH, RTL, gps, battery, altitude, multiple screens and fairly PnP. Being new, I know I shouldnt have a need for an osd seeing how I won't be venturing to far, but definately want distance, altittude and battery monitoring. I could go with a cheapy osd for this but I can only figure the rth will be a great failsafe as I learn to alter and tweak my radio link along with video feed. I've have read too many times where a rth osd saved someone's butt. Now for the most part, I know you should not rely on an osd to save your butt, likely means your system was in need of help but I'm sure my system is far from perfect so I am looking for an autopilot to help me make it back from my wandering. For the price and ease of use, I willingly accept any persons reasons why I should buy or stay clear of this one (with an option). Thanks folks, will continue reading and reading. Cheers
firedawg1998 is offline Find More Posts by firedawg1998
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 27, 2012, 10:27 AM
fly by night
Joined Sep 2011
5,006 Posts
you know there is a thread for that.

As for ease of setup for an OSD with autopilot - can't beat Storm. I like it, so far. I have some minor worries about its reliability given the stories in the Storm thread.
BCSaltchucker is online now Find More Posts by BCSaltchucker
Old Dec 27, 2012, 12:50 PM
Canada, ON, Greater Sudbury
Joined Nov 2011
111 Posts
Okay, I'll have a read on that thread, glad you have a positive review, thanks
firedawg1998 is offline Find More Posts by firedawg1998