Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 17, 2013, 08:37 PM
Detail Freak
Harbor City, CA
Joined Oct 2003
21,327 Posts
Yeah, I really want to cancel the payment, or more accurately, dispute the charges....
BUT, I want to see just how long it will be before they actually DO SOMETHING.
Its just so ridiculous, in my viewpoint. It says on their website to expect to wait 2-3 week for the plans to arrive. Its SIX weeks now, and no plans, no email, no calls.
I've called a few times. Emailed also. Emailed and called tonight, and -get this- their answering machine only has a message to call again later, it doesn't take messages....

Its obvious to me that these folks that bought the business are NOT modellers; they wouldn't treat other modellers that way if they were.

Its a real disappointment, that's about all I can say.

R,
Target
target is offline Find More Posts by target
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 17, 2013, 09:02 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
I can't agree with your more, customer centricity does not appear to be in their business model. That being said, why continue dealing with them in any way? Get your money back and mark this one up to experience. There are tons of people on here who have plans, or can get them for ya with much less grief.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 18, 2013, 09:35 AM
Detail Freak
Harbor City, CA
Joined Oct 2003
21,327 Posts
One reason is that one of the planes is pretty obscure (T-bird) and the other is just what I have stated above....
But, half of me wants to do just what you say, and I still may do that.
Shame that it has to come to that.
I appreciate the sanity check, however.

R,
Targte
Old Jan 19, 2013, 09:59 PM
UAS Pilot/Tech Instructor
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2000
1,441 Posts
Just as an update. I managed to get a hold of that lady on the phone and she did send my plans. I had ordered them around the end of Sep. The situation sucks but I hope they are working things out. RCM was a huge role in rc modeling for me growing up in the 80s, before the internet (well, the HTML internet anyway. Anybody remember Compuserve BB). It would be a shame to lose it.

Mike
CryHavoc is offline Find More Posts by CryHavoc
Old Jan 19, 2013, 10:06 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
That's good news. Did she explain what the delay was both in terms of shipping the item and providing you with a status?
Old Jan 19, 2013, 10:41 PM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
12,961 Posts
Sounds like the normal practice form them based on my experience. Took about 2 months for my plans to come. No reply to emails and they never answered the phone. That was my first and last order.
The Don is online now Find More Posts by The Don
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 19, 2013, 11:28 PM
Baboon McGoon
Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
Joined Jun 2002
675 Posts
I dunno. I disagree with you guys. After 3 months, I did get my plans. They had computer problems which took a while to resolve, but ultimately they made good (plus added some good will bonuses for my patience). Honestly, what more could they do? This business seems to be a labor of love for them. I think that they are doing the best they can.
ClipperBill is online now Find More Posts by ClipperBill
Old Jan 20, 2013, 10:47 AM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
12,961 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClipperBill View Post
Honestly, what more could they do?
A few simple things is all they really need to do. First of all and most important of all they need to tell people expect 8-12 weeks for delivery of plans. Most people think that the plans will ship out in say no more than a week after ordered not 6 or 7 weeks after placing an order. The next thing is to reply to peoples emails. However if the first item was taken care of (providing a realistic shipping date) then they would not have to deal with people sending emails asking for order status. It is not unreasonable for a person to ask for order status 5 weeks after paying especially when they have not received any ship notice or any communication. If I was informed at the time of order that it will take ~5-7 weeks to process the order then I would have known what to expect.
The Don is online now Find More Posts by The Don
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 20, 2013, 06:13 PM
Detail Freak
Harbor City, CA
Joined Oct 2003
21,327 Posts
I agree 100%.
They do business in a terrible way, there is no communication whatsoever.
They have claimed to have emailing problems, and yet the auto generated email and Cc payment works perfectly.
Somewhere in their email/website/ordering process, I read that I should allow "2-3 weeks" for receipt of the products.
I paid EXTRA for shipping in a tube, for some reason to me, that makes me feel that they should know that I'm interested in getting what I paid for in a timely manner. Maybe I am off base on that, but after 6 weeks (2 or 3 times the estimated time for receipt of the product), I just don't feel like I should feel sorry for them.
Quite the contrary..... Six weeks ago, the got $38 from me. I have nothing, and in fact, I don't even know if I EVER will get anything from them....

That's why as The Don said above, they should monitor and answer emails. And, they should also answer the telephone, or return calls. They went from a message service to not taking any messages, the announcement now just says "Call back later".

I would NEVER handle my business that way. I would be EMBARRASSED to do so.

R,
Target
Old Jan 22, 2013, 06:55 PM
Detail Freak
Harbor City, CA
Joined Oct 2003
21,327 Posts
Update ALERT!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for any redundancy, but this was cut and pasted from another thread where the plans (un)service was mentioned:

I have called them over and over, and today, was the first time that there has been any glimmer of hope of me getting anything for my $38 invested in their company last month... Today, the message said,
"We are sorry if you have plans on orders for a long period, we are doing our best to catch up and fill all the orders. If you have called or emailed, you need to leave us another message, and we will try to get your order out."

I'm super close to trying to cancel the payment or reverse payment through the CC company. The whole thing is ridiculous, but now, since I left a message today, I may as well wait LONGER (than 7 weeks) to see what happens.

That is a completely unsat way to do business!

R,
Target
PS. Sorry for the rant, but hey, I'm a bit annoyed.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 07:42 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
They must have unobtainium.....

Wow, you are nothing if not patient!

Looks like another issue from today:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1815343
Old Jan 22, 2013, 07:53 PM
Detail Freak
Harbor City, CA
Joined Oct 2003
21,327 Posts
Patient? Negative.
Tenacious? Yep.
I want what I paid for, and I'm still PO'd, and its still not OK how things are being handled.
But, its better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

R,
Target
Old Jan 26, 2013, 07:45 PM
Garage Foamologist...
United States, IA, Dubuque
Joined Jul 2010
175 Posts
Here is an earlier thread addressing the same issue with RCM.
Thought it might shed some light on your dilemma.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1757728
mrjoshua is offline Find More Posts by mrjoshua
Old Jan 27, 2013, 08:38 AM
Detail Freak
Harbor City, CA
Joined Oct 2003
21,327 Posts
It's maddening, isn't it?

Thanks for the link.

VR,
Target