HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 27, 2012, 02:19 AM
Canada, QC, Mont-Royal
Joined Dec 2012
18 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Discussion
Possible to buy & sell giant scale warbirds ?

Is it possible to make $ buying and selling these birds and ake a profit if they are builted, which means thay would need a big crate to ship ?
chip_munk is offline Find More Posts by chip_munk
Last edited by chip_munk; Dec 27, 2012 at 02:36 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 27, 2012, 02:39 AM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,846 Posts
Trader Rating: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by chip_munk View Post
Is it possible to make $ buying and selling these birds and ake a profit if they are builted, which means thay would need a big crate to ship ?
Not likely. If you are a well known builder with excellent work...maybe...maybe; otherwise, I wouldn't quit the day job for it.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1793595
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
Old Dec 27, 2012, 10:09 AM
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined Oct 2011
8,990 Posts
Trader Rating: 67
You'll hear of one or two selling for mega bucks....but that's a "right place.right time" occurrance.
I usually charge twice what the materials cost me,to build models..I make spending money,and no one is ever happy with delivery times.....They can't build,but they know how long it should take you to build one for them.....7 days a week,12 hours a day,1/2 hour mealtimes....$2.10 an hour, Maximum wage.!!
forgettaboutit...
If you do a contract build,get all the money up front....you won't believe the stories you'll hear about what happened to their money! I always test fly my builds,with the owner present.
He takes possession as soon as it successfully lands.My work has ended with the landing...
And they will not pay for packing and delivery...".What did he just give me money for?-oh-I thought that included delivery!"

Run,man-Find another dream.

I have switched to building a model of my choice,then offering it for sale when it's finished.There's no pressure,no snide remarks...just a plane you've enjoyed building,and a chance to finance your next aircraft.They all sell.
epoxyearl is online now Find More Posts by epoxyearl
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 27, 2012, 08:21 PM
2 Fast 2 Low & 2 Loud
United States, CA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2011
3,236 Posts
Trader Rating: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoxyearl View Post
You'll hear of one or two selling for mega bucks....but that's a "right place.right time" occurrance.
I usually charge twice what the materials cost me,to build models..I make spending money,and no one is ever happy with delivery times.....They can't build,but they know how long it should take you to build one for them.....7 days a week,12 hours a day,1/2 hour mealtimes....$2.10 an hour, Maximum wage.!!
forgettaboutit...
If you do a contract build,get all the money up front....you won't believe the stories you'll hear about what happened to their money! I always test fly my builds,with the owner present.
He takes possession as soon as it successfully lands.My work has ended with the landing...
And they will not pay for packing and delivery...".What did he just give me money for?-oh-I thought that included delivery!"

Run,man-Find another dream.

I have switched to building a model of my choice,then offering it for sale when it's finished.There's no pressure,no snide remarks...just a plane you've enjoyed building,and a chance to finance your next aircraft.They all sell.

LOL Earl it sounds like truer words were never spoken. I am glad I don't live closer to you or all my $ would be gone.
scootrb4 is offline Find More Posts by scootrb4