SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 26, 2012, 09:27 PM
A&P in training
United States, CA, Vacaville
Joined Dec 2008
1,263 Posts
Discussion
Plade Pitch calculator for IPod/IPhone

Hello all, I was sitting around waiting for my battery to finish up charging when I was thinking, well I don't have a blade pitch tool and usually, they have an app for everything. So I checked, and sure enough the seem to have one. It is free, I was just wondering if when somebody has some extra time, maybe they could compare a true pitch gauge to this app?

It is called "Helicopter pitch calculator", and it is the first one to come up..If it is anywhere close to being accurate, I think it would be a nice tool for us broke hobbyists
ASTREA1 is offline Find More Posts by ASTREA1
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 26, 2012, 11:50 PM
Get to the choppa!
United States, PA, Pittsburgh
Joined Sep 2012
358 Posts
I just pitched out my 250. I'll check it out tomorrow morning and see if it is close.
RFDelie is offline Find More Posts by RFDelie
Old Dec 27, 2012, 03:56 PM
A&P in training
United States, CA, Vacaville
Joined Dec 2008
1,263 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFDelie View Post
I just pitched out my 250. I'll check it out tomorrow morning and see if it is close.
That'd be great thanks RF.
ASTREA1 is offline Find More Posts by ASTREA1
Old Dec 27, 2012, 09:30 PM
Get to the choppa!
United States, PA, Pittsburgh
Joined Sep 2012
358 Posts
It does not work. In theory it seems ok, the phone has a very good reading on a perfectly flat surface, but the air foli shape of the blade means that you can't place the phone flat on the blade. I had a 6 degree pitch on my blade and my reading was anywhere from 3 to 9..

I did not try the measuring technique as it seems to be more complicated than a pitch guage.
RFDelie is offline Find More Posts by RFDelie
Old Dec 28, 2012, 12:14 AM
Newton, NJ
Joined May 2003
1,884 Posts
No idea how accurate it would be, but I did stumble onto this a while back:
Hobbyking smartphone pitch gauge
BuzzBomber is offline Find More Posts by BuzzBomber