HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 27, 2012, 03:45 PM
A.K.A sir Crashalot
Ístersund, SWEDEN
Joined Sep 2005
912 Posts
THank You soooo much... now i dont have to put up wallpapers in the livingroom tomorrow?? hmm wait... maybe my wife will have an opinion on that.
methuso is offline Find More Posts by methuso
Last edited by methuso; Dec 27, 2012 at 03:54 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 27, 2012, 04:01 PM
United States, IL, Washington
Joined Nov 2008
1,953 Posts
There is alot of wings that can be done and they're all here in RCG. These are 2-cell but they could also easily be addapted to 1-cell. David, Slinger, Superfly-ish and my own design with twin elevons w/rudders.
TODD
I R Irv is offline Find More Posts by I R Irv
Old Dec 27, 2012, 06:22 PM
West of California Speedway, East of LaLa, North of Disneyland
Joined May 2001
2,271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemoskull View Post
that cool! how does the 3020 stack up against the gws 5208 or 2510?
Jeez!!!! It's the HK (LCD) 2 gram motor!!! You'd kill it with a 5 inch prop.
356Jim is offline Find More Posts by 356Jim
Old Dec 27, 2012, 07:00 PM
Pilot, Co-pilot, Navagator
United States, AZ, Yuma
Joined Sep 2009
2,766 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 356Jim View Post
Jeez!!!! It's the HK (LCD) 2 gram motor!!! You'd kill it with a 5 inch prop.
sorry, my dyslexia again. "2508"
nemoskull is offline Find More Posts by nemoskull
Old Dec 27, 2012, 09:07 PM
Our God's Alive
United States, NE, Bennet
Joined Mar 2011
306 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by I R Irv View Post
There is alot of wings that can be done and they're all here in RCG. These are 2-cell but they could also easily be addapted to 1-cell. David, Slinger, Superfly-ish and my own design with twin elevons w/rudders.
TODD
They look great. I've seen the david, and the slinger, there was a couple people that used 1 cells in the david thread.
100mph is offline Find More Posts by 100mph
Old Dec 28, 2012, 01:14 AM
Ashford. Kent. England
Joined Feb 2005
6,852 Posts
And dont forget, you can always change the motor to the front , just like the stingray for any of the designs.. This gets rid of the problem of how to run your pushrods wide past the prop slot.. And as long as your COG is correct the model will fly..
davereap is online now Find More Posts by davereap
Old Dec 28, 2012, 08:17 AM
Our God's Alive
Joined Mar 2011
306 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davereap View Post
And dont forget, you can always change the motor to the front , just like the stingray for any of the designs.. This gets rid of the problem of how to run your pushrods wide past the prop slot.. And as long as your COG is correct the model will fly..
I agree with that, there is a big angle with the pushrods, but moving it to the front will fix that.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 02:41 PM
Our God's Alive
Joined Mar 2011
306 Posts
Also you can leave the nose pointed and put a carbon fiber spar straight through the wing.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 04:14 PM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2008
425 Posts
Thank you davereap for the information on setup. Much appreciated!
cabman1969 is offline Find More Posts by cabman1969
Old Dec 29, 2012, 06:03 AM
Ashford. Kent. England
Joined Feb 2005
6,852 Posts
you are welcome, I am just getting into these micro models myself... normally I build foamies with layered KF wings.. but planes are planes and its all a matter of scale.. but with the micros every gram of weight affects its performance...
I am looking at build methods in an attempt to get better strength but without a weight gain..

The simple single layer of 3 mm is good, its likely with its flat CF along the leading edge is the best and simplest option..
3mm doubled up with glue between is much tougher, add tape over and its even better, but it all adds weight, which kills performance..

So far an open cut layered structure is looking good, with a film sandwiched between the layers to fill the gaps.. Its a lot more work, but I hope it will increase the longevity of any model..
I haven't built a V wing with this method but built a slow delta type
Old Dec 30, 2012, 06:53 AM
Our God's Alive
Joined Mar 2011
306 Posts
Quote:
you are welcome, I am just getting into these micro models myself... normally I build foamies with layered KF wings.. but planes are planes and its all a matter of scale.. but with the micros every gram of weight affects its performance...
I am looking at build methods in an attempt to get better strength but without a weight gain..

The simple single layer of 3 mm is good, its likely with its flat CF along the leading edge is the best and simplest option..
3mm doubled up with glue between is much tougher, add tape over and its even better, but it all adds weight, which kills performance..

So far an open cut layered structure is looking good, with a film sandwiched between the layers to fill the gaps.. Its a lot more work, but I hope it will increase the longevity of any model..
I haven't built a V wing with this method but built a slow delta type
Looks good, lots of wing area. Here is my flying wing but made out of 9mm epp and a 2 cell with a 12mm inrunner. It weighs 2.75 ounces.

Name: DSCN4548.jpg
Views: 62
Size: 191.7 KB
Description:

Name: DSCN4549.jpg
Views: 67
Size: 155.9 KB
Description:
Old Dec 31, 2012, 10:02 AM
Our God's Alive
Joined Mar 2011
306 Posts
Yesterday I flew my micro wing indoors, and it flies really slow and fast. It can fly as slow as a champ.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 05:51 PM
Ashford. Kent. England
Joined Feb 2005
6,852 Posts
Thats good, you obviously have the design correct.. first time..
Your area is 100.5sq" which is almost double the micro sukoi's 52sq"
But how does it's area compare with the champ's?

my xmas wing above has 225sq" so its going to be interesting to see what kind of speed range I get

did you get any indoor video?
Old Dec 31, 2012, 06:11 PM
Our God's Alive
Joined Mar 2011
306 Posts
Quote:
Thats good, you obviously have the design correct.. first time..
Your area is 100.5sq" which is almost double the micro sukoi's 52sq"
But how does it's area compare with the champ's?

my xmas wing above has 225sq" so its going to be interesting to see what kind of speed range I get

did you get any indoor video?
I don't know the champs wing area. I forgot to bring my camera to indoor flying, so no video. Your speed should be the same or a little faster than my wing.
Old Jan 01, 2013, 02:33 AM
Ashford. Kent. England
Joined Feb 2005
6,852 Posts
My guestimate is that I will be slower at both ends of the range...with more area and more drag from its thickness and structure on mine.... plus I am turning a bigger prop with less revs, a 5x3 on 1 cel with a 4500kv 5gm motor....

It is just frustrating at the moment.. england is wet and windy every day..and our indoor session is not for another 10days..

have a good new year