|Dec 26, 2012, 02:31 PM|
some additional pics of the Ruptured Duck
I worked on the Ruptured Duck on Christmas eve.
|Dec 28, 2012, 08:17 AM|
After carefully measuring them, I used a very sharp X-Acto knife to cut the openings.
I then had to carve some of the interior foam away as to be out of sight. What was left, I painted chromate green. I then cut "new" windows from the waist gun positions I removed earlier. When all the paint was dry, I used the rubber cement that came with the plane to line the inside surfaces of the window opening. I used a vacuum pen to hold the windows as I pushed them into place.
After they dry completely, I am going to try to touch up the edges a bit. I still have a few more windows to do.
It actually was easier to do than I first thought.
|Category||Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Discussion||I rewound the c05 but need some help on the results. PiCS||mescalinedream||Electric Motor Design and Construction||7||Apr 26, 2012 05:53 PM|
|Help!||A few pics, a video and some questions :)||Denominator||Multirotor Talk||14||Apr 02, 2012 05:18 PM|
|Discussion||Some farm pics the Old School way..||P-51 fan||Aerial Photography||4||Mar 31, 2012 06:03 PM|