flying beam
through the Looking Glass
Joined Apr 2008
1,765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ercapoccia View Post
Would this adapter be the same ad HT8?
http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...mpatible_.html
Yes it is, unless HobbyKing asked Hisky to change the protocol (I doubt that very much when you see the price asked for it).

The Q-bot is a re-branded HiSKY FF120 quad that uses the HT8 module.

The HK Q-bot as the last version with battery inside.
blackmoon is offline Find More Posts by blackmoon
Old Feb 18, 2013, 10:39 AM
United States, CA, Mountain View
Joined Dec 2012
158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asanado View Post
The v2 and v3 seem to look the same, how can we tell the real one?

The FBL80 comes with the v3 too apparently:
http://www.hobbyeurope.com/rc/helico...ano-helicopter
sparkyjohn is offline Find More Posts by sparkyjohn
Old Feb 18, 2013, 12:22 PM
Israel
Joined Jan 2011
257 Posts
I think the internal battery is the indication - the new HT8 from BangGood has an internal battery.
asanado is offline Find More Posts by asanado
Old Feb 18, 2013, 12:36 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jun 2012
1,036 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyjohn View Post
The v2 and v3 seem to look the same, how can we tell the real one?

The FBL80 comes with the v3 too apparently:
I think the v3 has a switch on the left of the module for switching between internal & external power sources, the v2 has no switch.
limmacslim is offline Find More Posts by limmacslim
Old Feb 18, 2013, 01:00 PM
United States, CA, Mountain View
Joined Dec 2012
158 Posts
Not so sure it's the switch, the v2 has the switch, unless the picture here is wrong:

@limmacslim - I think you said earlier you were getting a v2? Where did you order it and does it come with an internal battery / switch?

More importantly would be good to know if either the v2 or v3 solves the DX6i tail drift problem reported by pedrojlucas earlier.
sparkyjohn is offline Find More Posts by sparkyjohn
Old Feb 18, 2013, 01:36 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jun 2012
1,036 Posts
I was going to order a v3 from banggood but intended on powering it from the tx anyway so was interested in discounted v2 modules retailers might be wanting to shift, I also wanted a micro quad that I could fly with my 9x outdoors, an issue with that is the flysky radio module/protocol does not work at my local field due to a huge 2100mhz mobile phone mast.

I was thinking about a h36 quad then found the hisky ff120 quad which fits the bill lovely & comes with a v2 ht8 so ordered one from hobbyeurope . If you click on the extra picture the module shown there has no switch.
http://www.hobbyeurope.com/rc/helico...copter-2-4-ghz

So for all the moaning about 9x incompatibility, the v922 flies perfect at my local field so the hisky protocol is a winner. My 3 & 8 channel flysky rx's on the other hand are useless to me & run out of range in about 20-30ft, as do my v911 bricks & even the v202 quad which is not even flysky compatible.
limmacslim is offline Find More Posts by limmacslim
Old Feb 18, 2013, 02:54 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,486 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCMorgan View Post
I've "mastered" FP heli's, and have been flying them for a few years. I've also flown CP 450 heli's. However, when it comes to setting up a CP heli, I'm at a total loss. Got three 450's I can't get set up right for the life of me. Would it be easier to learn to do that on the bigger 450 size heli's, or on a small size like the WLtoys model?
There isn't much to set up on a micro sized CP heli. They are flybarless and the 3 axis gyro they employ is not programmable. The Transmitter of the V922 is not programmable. Much of the linkage is not adjustable. Aside from leveling the swashplate, there isn't much you can do. Any 450 has lots of things to adjust, but they are easier to fly. They are not hard to set up, if you know what you are doing and are using decent quality components.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Feb 18, 2013, 03:06 PM
v922, mini, genius,mcp, v450D0
United States, MN, Le Sueur
Joined Nov 2012
1,232 Posts
Get the books by John Salt and Pete Carpenter. They go through the entire build and I think they both agree it's easier to fly big helis as it's much easier to see and relate to movement/control and rotor disk. In any case they will help you set up your 450s
jack herr is offline Find More Posts by jack herr
Old Feb 18, 2013, 08:22 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Oct 2012
674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
There isn't much to set up on a micro sized CP heli. They are flybarless and the 3 axis gyro they employ is not programmable. The Transmitter of the V922 is not programmable. Much of the linkage is not adjustable. Aside from leveling the swashplate, there isn't much you can do. Any 450 has lots of things to adjust, but they are easier to fly. They are not hard to set up, if you know what you are doing and are using decent quality components.
While there's not much to set up on a V922 or similar, they can be demanding to fly, particularly with a non-programmable Tx. I had to use training gear again with the V922 to get the feel of the controls. 450's or even a bit smaller are much easier to fly, but more involved (but not hard) to set up. They just cost a bunch more when you crash! Now that I have a handle on the V922, my other birds are getting a bit dusty.
hawaiichopper is offline Find More Posts by hawaiichopper
Old Feb 18, 2013, 09:11 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Oct 2012
674 Posts
Home Grown Skids

The V922's skids are a bit fragile, particularly when learning to control the heli. In my experience, the plastic mounting pegs are prone to break easily. Not wanting to buy skids by the dozen, I constructed some skids using polyethylene plastic, small sheet metal screws and the correct glue. The project took about two hours in total and has so far proven to be a useful endeavor. The plastic was the backing from a pair of pliers purchased at a hardware store a few months ago. The screws were in the spare parts drawer, and the special glue was from Loctite (two part system for binding poly type plastics). The plastic was heated with a fireplace lighter and bent to the desired skid angle. The template was attached to the plastic and unwanted sections removed with a rotary tool (Dremel). The screws were filed flat on four sides to fit the frame mounts, with just a bit of friction remaining when inserted. The battery holder was fashioned from the same plastic and glued to the skids frame. A small piece of fuzzy velcro was inserted at the canopy end to angle the battery slightly upward to fit in the canopy. Of course, since I constructed these skids I haven't crashed at all - maybe a good reason to make skids! I left the rear of the skids frame a bit wide in case a tail boom support needs to be added.
hawaiichopper is offline Find More Posts by hawaiichopper
Old Feb 19, 2013, 09:07 AM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
5,589 Posts
Binding to TX?

I got a new RX. How do I bind it to the TX? What is the procedure?
FyreSG is offline Find More Posts by FyreSG
Old Feb 19, 2013, 09:15 AM
v922, mini, genius,mcp, v450D0
United States, MN, Le Sueur
Joined Nov 2012
1,232 Posts
Do you happen to know the name of the loctite product you used? That is a great idea. I might be able to adapt your idea to make something like that for my genius cp, they have very weak skids and are part of the main frame. I am thinking, cut them off and make a set like yours and use micro velcro adhesive pads to hold the skids in place.
jack herr is offline Find More Posts by jack herr
Old Feb 19, 2013, 09:17 AM
Austria
Joined Sep 2008
218 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG View Post
I got a new RX. How do I bind it to the TX? What is the procedure?
There is no special procedure, it is just plug and play. It bind automatically every time you plug in the battery.
helicopter_new is offline Find More Posts by helicopter_new
Old Feb 19, 2013, 10:10 AM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
5,589 Posts
Not sure what was the right way but after some trial and error, it worked. Heh. Gonna try bullet blades vs normal blades tomorrow. *Yawn*
FyreSG is offline Find More Posts by FyreSG