HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 08, 2013, 09:04 AM
Joined Sep 2012
105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrojlucas View Post
Hi all,

For those who are interested in trying the FBL100/V922 with the Spektrum DX6i, I think what follows is probably useful information.

...D/R 55% and EXP 40%

Pedro
... i do not recommend positive expo at that high rate ... it could be counterproductive -

it means flattening the curves round center - but it makes the curves steep at the ends. this may rather complicate the steering-behavoir for heli-beginners in extrem positions...

what happens with high positiv expo: a newbie tries to give input by moving the sticks with caution - but the heli does not react observable (flatted curve round the center !!!). so our newbie stirs harder and reaches as a result the expo-driven steep-range of the curve (with thumbs in a disadvantageous extreme position, additionally... ) ... one can imagine the end of the story...

so reduce dual rates but leave expo as low as possible ...

macem
macem is offline Find More Posts by macem
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 08, 2013, 09:45 AM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
5,128 Posts
It could be good as well. The trick is to pick a suitable expo, not too much until the sensitivity are the stick center is "not observable" - that is an extreme expo value. The issue some beginners face is they are not used to small stick movements. When the helicopter is drifting left, they apply too much right counter stick movement, causing the heli to fly right instead. A suitable expo will fix this.

I started learning with some expo (I couldn't hover without it!) then gradually reduced expo, then now, it's 0.
FyreSG is online now Find More Posts by FyreSG
Old Jan 08, 2013, 10:00 AM
Singapore
Joined Dec 2012
17 Posts
Swash plate leveling for FBL CP heli

Quote:
Originally Posted by macem View Post
1. no need to buy anything - visual levelling (by adjusting lenght of pushrods and/or, in case of non-linear servos, the servohorns...) is enough...

macem
Hi, thanks a lot to macem and FyreSG for your reply and valuable information.

Ok, I did not buy the swash plate leveling tool after reading both your replies. (it was in my shopping cart)

I notice the main gear of V911 which I bought as spare can be used for leveling the MCPX's swash plate. This gear has a 3mm internal diameter which allow the main shaft of MCPX to fit in nicely without any free play, it can than lowered and place near the three balls of the swash plate to check for leveling, the push rods were then adjusted accordingly for all three balls of the swash plate to touch the surface of the drive gear, it does provide good visual alignment check as macem suggested.

This method may be as close as using the single purpose "swash plate level tool", I may be able to use this method for the V922 if I decided to add one more micro FBL CP.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thank you very much.
lonepilot is offline Find More Posts by lonepilot
Old Jan 08, 2013, 10:04 AM
Joined Sep 2012
105 Posts
macem is offline Find More Posts by macem
Old Jan 08, 2013, 10:04 AM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,462 Posts
Good job. That's the same method I use to level a friend's mCPX late one night. I used a v911 main gear. I also cut off some unnecessary parts of the gear so that it's easier to fit at the antirotation guide.

It works perfectly so just wanted to put that out there to validate what you shared.

Thanks for sharing and the easy to understand photo. Newbies should be able to replicate it just fine.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Jan 08, 2013, 10:11 AM
Joined Apr 2012
5,128 Posts
That's a GREAT idea! Thanks for sharing!
Old Jan 08, 2013, 10:12 AM
Singapore
Joined Dec 2012
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
Good job. That's the same method I use to level a friend's mCPX late one night. I used a v911 main gear. I also cut off some unnecessary parts of the gear so that it's easier to fit at the antirotation guide.

It works perfectly so just wanted to put that out there to validate what you shared.

Thanks for sharing and the easy to understand photo. Newbies should be able to replicate it just fine.

Thanks a lot to Daryoon for sharing.

I did not cut off any part of the gear, I push the anti-rotation guide slightly for it to enter the hollow section of the gear, so that this gear is still usable for the V911.

Cheers.
Old Jan 08, 2013, 10:14 AM
Joined Apr 2012
5,128 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonepilot View Post
so that this gear is still usable for the V911.
I can't remember when was the last time I flew my V911. Haha.
Old Jan 08, 2013, 10:19 AM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,462 Posts
LOL. No. Lonepilot. Your method is perfect. If you can save the gear, then even better. My friend had a aftermarket frame and the gear couldn't slip over it as is. That's why I had to cut it.

But it was a spare gear and a cheap part.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Jan 08, 2013, 10:32 AM
Singapore
Joined Dec 2012
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG View Post
I can't remember when was the last time I flew my V911. Haha.
Hi, FyreSG, I wish that I can progress fast and graduate to be a 6CH FBL CP heli pilot like you ..

I always bring both the MCPX and V911 for flying.

When on lookers see me keep crashing my MCPX, I pull out the V911 to fly around to show them I "actually" can "FLY" .....

or, I change over to flying V911 to cool down myself when I keep crashing the MCPX .... (not to cool down motor of MCPX as it is crashing instead of flying)

I will carry V922, V911 and MCPX out for flying after I purchase the V922
Old Jan 08, 2013, 10:39 AM
Singapore
Joined Dec 2012
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
LOL. No. Lonepilot. Your method is perfect. If you can save the gear, then even better. My friend had a aftermarket frame and the gear couldn't slip over it as is. That's why I had to cut it.

But it was a spare gear and a cheap part.
Yes, you are right, the V911 gear is very low cost compare to the single purpose swash leveling tool.

I need to buy a drink for those who did stop me from buying the leveling tool in time ....

Thanks again for all your willingness to share.
Old Jan 08, 2013, 11:22 AM
Spain
Joined Aug 2010
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKDDMM View Post
Hi KKDDMM,

I'm glad to help you with the configuration of your HT-8 and your transmitters.

One question: Are you expiriencing tail drift with you DX6i tx when flying the FBL100?

I guess it has to do with the mixing in the tx, but I haven't had spare time to experiment.

Pedro.
pedrojlucas is offline Find More Posts by pedrojlucas
Old Jan 09, 2013, 08:44 PM
Joined Jan 2012
108 Posts
Great !!!

I almost bought a swash leveler but thanks to you guys I now have an additional use for my 911 pile of parts,aside from keeping my favorite little 4chs alive Steve
roadglidec is offline Find More Posts by roadglidec
Old Jan 09, 2013, 08:53 PM
Joined Jan 2012
108 Posts
[QUOTE=pedrojlucas;23750698]Hi KKDDMM,

I'm glad to help you with the configuration of your HT-8 and your transmitters.

One question: Are you expiriencing tail drift with you DX6i tx when flying the FBL100?

I guess it has to do with the mixing in the tx, but I haven't had spare time to experiment.
Pedro many thanks on your findings with the compatibility to the DX6I , I have ordered the HT-8 and as soon as I recieve it I will Start loking into the possible tail wag steve
Old Jan 09, 2013, 08:56 PM
Joined Jan 2012
108 Posts
sorry about the phrasing I am not a very good typist, but I and my DX6I are waiting for the Ht-8 and will report my findings Steve