HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 04, 2013, 11:07 AM
United States, FL, Williston
Joined Sep 2012
57 Posts
Trader Rating: 34
Oops your right it wasnt Bell. But Edison was a jerk and Tesla didn't get half the credit he deserves.
kalikraven is offline Find More Posts by kalikraven
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 04, 2013, 11:12 AM
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined Oct 2011
8,822 Posts
Trader Rating: 65
It's funny, the number of folks who seem to be afraid to ask the agents about packaging...
My agents say that shipping in the 'shelf' box almost certainly invites disaster.
Smaller boxes are placed in bigger boxes, heading to different places.
If you put a box of christmas ornaments under a box of fruit cakes, there's going to be damage.
If you can't package safely, you shouldn't be selling or shipping.

I know that forklifts can destroy just about anything, but if you get suggestions from the guys delivering packages,they will help you have a fighting chance.
As far as the buyer being responsible for insurance claims, that's a fallacy.....The person paying for insurance must pursue that.
You can ask the buyer to wait a reasonable time before you pay for his loss, to see if insurance pays, (so it doesn't hurt so much), but it's up to you to see that he gets what he asked for.
epoxyearl is online now Find More Posts by epoxyearl
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 04, 2013, 02:12 PM
Rogersville, Mo
Joined Jun 2008
3,720 Posts
Trader Rating: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoxyearl View Post
It's funny, the number of folks who seem to be afraid to ask the agents about packaging...
My agents say that shipping in the 'shelf' box almost certainly invites disaster.
Smaller boxes are placed in bigger boxes, heading to different places.
If you put a box of christmas ornaments under a box of fruit cakes, there's going to be damage.
If you can't package safely, you shouldn't be selling or shipping.

I know that forklifts can destroy just about anything, but if you get suggestions from the guys delivering packages,they will help you have a fighting chance.
As far as the buyer being responsible for insurance claims, that's a fallacy.....The person paying for insurance must pursue that.
You can ask the buyer to wait a reasonable time before you pay for his loss, to see if insurance pays, (so it doesn't hurt so much), but it's up to you to see that he gets what he asked for.
I hear ya!!!...+1...after actually see'in first hand what a fellar did here at the house...He pulled in said this will save me some extra miles..pulled up the Back door of his truck....then actually stepped on the corners of the boxes at the back....to get to the front of his Load...I was sayin Careful!!!..

I've spent well over two hours at times...building custom Cardboard boxes to be Crush proof...I learned from Dennis Everett....roll up cardboard and a dab of hot glue makes Tremendous Piers for center support throughout your Box...As it is...I get a lil restless anyways shipping...At the very Least...Ya gotta double box....

Billy
FlyBillyFly is offline Find More Posts by FlyBillyFly
Old Jan 04, 2013, 02:25 PM
P31
United States, WA, Spanaway
Joined Dec 2011
598 Posts
Trader Rating: 11
The claim came thru. USPS paid me and I sent a refund The Item is on its way back to me. If you guy's have this problem, take good pic's and just say what happened. I just could have been lucky
gary
P31 is offline Find More Posts by P31
Old Jan 04, 2013, 02:38 PM
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined Oct 2011
8,822 Posts
Trader Rating: 65
Good deal- Could you walk us through the procedure ?
You could save a lot of nerves if we know what to do if it happens to us..
Thanks,man.
epoxyearl is online now Find More Posts by epoxyearl
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 04, 2013, 06:14 PM
P31
United States, WA, Spanaway
Joined Dec 2011
598 Posts
Trader Rating: 11
I just went on line and filled out a claim and took pictures of the boc and the damage And put a comment in the box and Bingo they paid. I dont know if I did anything other's havent done It shocked me.
Gary
P31 is offline Find More Posts by P31